Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Todd Frazier appreciation thread

Re: Todd Frazier appreciation thread

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    Would love to see BP back at 2 and Frazier bumped to cleanup.
    I like the current lineup construct. Cozart does seem more comfortable in the 2-hole. Perhaps it's simply on account of seeing more fastballs in front of Votto. But whatever the reason, this current lineup is doing well for the Reds.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

2. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (04-19-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    Would love to see BP back at 2 and Frazier bumped to cleanup.
    I don't think that's getting the most out of the line-up though. Frazier is hitting well from where he is, and Cozart has proven to be by far at his most effective in the 2 hole. BP is taking well to the clean-up role, also.

Maybe if there is slumping there can be some moving around. As far as I'm concerned though there isn't much wrong with the line-up right now. The old saying goes..."If it ain't broke..."
    I see great things in baseball. It's our game.

5. Likes:

Boss-Hog (04-19-2013),HeatherC1212 (04-19-2013),jimbo (04-19-2013),reds44 (04-19-2013),redsmetz (04-19-2013),WVRedsFan (04-19-2013)

Gotta say that Frazier's defense has been a revelation too. I appreciate Scott Rolen, but Frazier's play at 3b has made me forget about Rolen.

I've always liked Frazier as a contributor, but I've been a skeptic of his bat and glove being capable of being an every day player. I viewed him as a good player that a winning team woud have on the bench, but he's growing on me a lot. His defense at 3B is better than I'd hoped for and so far we haven't seen the extended slump where he goes weeks at a time with a sub .300 OBP. He's definitely got pop.

I think its time to think about locking him up to get some cost certainty instead of arb and buying out a year or two of free agency with a deal that incudes an option year or two at the end.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

8. Likes:

Roy Tucker (04-19-2013)

I'm not normally one that gets into like certain players, I am a Reds fan and have certain affinity for all of them. That being said, Todd seems to have a great attitude and it seems that he is a well-liked teammate. I find myself laughing at his interactions with teammates and his actions in the dugout. I definitely appreciate him, especially knowing how tough the task of replacing a future HOF and leader like Rolen must have been.

Count me as another person who is quickly becoming a fan of Frazier.

Plus, all you have to do is ask him to hit home run and he'll do it.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/201...-teddy-kremer/

11. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (04-19-2013),RichRed (04-19-2013)

Todd "DQ" Frazier is the man....hitting the ball with authority to all fields.

Frazier plays the game with exuberance and joy. No doubt, he will become a Cincy favorite.

14. Likes:

RadfordVA (04-19-2013)

That home run was pretty special that he hit for Teddy. You gotta love Frazier. Just an all around good guy.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

16. Likes:

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    That home run was pretty special that he hit for Teddy. You gotta love Frazier. Just an all around good guy.
    Agreed. I really, really hope they lock him up long-term.
    I see great things in baseball. It's our game.

Ditto to much of this thread.

Frazier is quickly becoming a consummate Cincinnati Red. I could see him becoming THE fan favorite over the next several years (not necessarily the best player, but the most likeable).

Votto-Bruce-Phillips-Frazier kinda like Rose-Foster-Morgan-Perez. Now let's just hope Devin Mesoraco can turn into Johnny Bench.
    Go BLUE!!!

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

http://ramsey.mlblogs.com/2013/04/18...jack-hannahan/

I'm starting to really like Jack too. :O)

20. Likes:

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN INDY View Post
    Frazier plays the game with exuberance and joy. No doubt, he will become a Cincy favorite.
    That's a good word, Randy, I really love the joy Todd shows while playing the game. Baseball makes him happy, and watching him play it with such joy makes me smile.

That pic of he and Ted after the HR last night is my new phone background today.

22. Likes:

toledodan (04-19-2013)

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jamz View Post
    Agreed. I really, really hope they lock him up long-term.
    Frazier...or Teddy?

How about both?
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

24. Likes:

bigredmechanism (04-19-2013)

So lets see....

(Little league) world series hero
    Saved some dude's life
    Hits a no handed home run.
    Hits a homerun on request for the down syndrom bat "boy"

I'm begining to think Todd may be this generation's Chuck Norris; he should probably register his fists to authorities just in case

Oh, and here's last year's story on Teddy:

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...d-team-forever

I'm sure many read it last year, but having re-read it again this morning, its impossible not to be moved by that story.

26. Likes:

bigredmechanism (04-19-2013),OnBaseMachine (04-19-2013),toledodan (04-19-2013)

Turn Off Ads?