Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Todd Frazier appreciation thread

Re: Todd Frazier appreciation thread

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red View Post
    That's a good word, Randy, I really love the joy Todd shows while playing the game. Baseball makes him happy, and watching him play it with such joy makes me smile.

That pic of he and Ted after the HR last night is my new phone background today.

What a great pic! Brings a smile to my face every time.

2. Turn Off Ads?

The kind of guy you want on your team.

4. Likes:

bigredmechanism (04-19-2013),OnBaseMachine (04-19-2013),RichRed (04-19-2013),Tom Servo (04-19-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    The kind of guy you want on your team.
    The right kind of heir to Scott Rolen.

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN INDY View Post
    Frazier plays the game with exuberance and joy. No doubt, he will become a Cincy favorite.
    I've always thought the same thing. It's great to see and something you don't all that often these days, surprisingly. He plays like the kids in The Sandlot.

If I were buying a Reds jersey right now, it would be Frazier's (now that Rolen is no longer on the team).
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Ha, just noticed Ted is wearing one wristband like Dusty. What an awesome opportunity the Reds are giving this young man. For some of the struggles he's likely had from having Downs, this is certainly great to see and keeps in perspective the value sports can bring to our culture.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I've always thought the same thing. It's great to see and something you don't all that often these days, surprisingly. He plays like the kids in The Sandlot.

If I were buying a Reds jersey right now, it would be Frazier's (now that Rolen is no longer on the team).
    It will be interesting to see how the personalities play out over time in terms of the team dynamic.

Could Frazier be the Rose to Votto's Bench? Not that they wouldn't get along, but just in terms of public perception.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    It will be interesting to see how the personalities play out over time in terms of the team dynamic.

Could Frazier be the Rose to Votto's Bench? Not that they wouldn't get along, but just in terms of public perception.
    I dunno, Todd seems genuine, everything about Pete is cheesy. I gag every time they run his new commercial, I can't imagine choosing Pete as my celebrity spokesperson for anything these days.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Here's another one from last night:
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post

Frazier strikes me as more the Tony Perez.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

12. Likes:

M2 (04-24-2013),RedsManRick (04-19-2013),Roy Tucker (04-19-2013)

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Ha, just noticed Ted is wearing one wristband like Dusty. What an awesome opportunity the Reds are giving this young man. For some of the struggles he's likely had from having Downs, this is certainly great to see and keeps in perspective the value sports can bring to our culture.
    The wristband was given to him by Frazier.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...d-team-forever
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by JKam View Post
    Gotta say that Frazier's defense has been a revelation too. I appreciate Scott Rolen, but Frazier's play at 3b has made me forget about Rolen.
    No surprise here. I always thought that Todd would make at least an above average 3B, possibly even better. Like 've been saying since midway through last season, this kid IS the answer at 3B for the Reds for a LONG TIME to come, Lord willing.

PS LOVE his attitude towards the game too. I think his enthusiasm is highly infectious to his teammates as well, so it really helps the team. It's not easy staying highly focused and motivated over the big 162, so his kind of enthusiasm is a real plus IMO.

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    I dunno, Todd seems genuine, everything about Pete is cheesy. I gag every time they run his new commercial, I can't imagine choosing Pete as my celebrity spokesperson for anything these days.
    Not to hijack the thread but...

Pete is cheesy, but when Pete was a player he was all in all the time and pretty doggone honest with the media. Some of his quotes that people took as being competitive were flat-out greedy (ex: I want to be the first million dollar singles hitter). His quote about the Fisk game (paraphrase: That was the most fun I've ever had on a baseball diamond) were not politically correct.

Pete is the classic tragic hero. On the field he was everything I want my kids to be, off the field everything I loathe. And it is somehow intertwined. I used to love Pete, then I was very angry. Now he makes me sad.

To compare Todd's passion for the game, passion for winning and passion for life with Pete is all good, buy I hope the comparisons stop there. I do love watching Todd play the way I loved Pete, Davey C, Barry, Eric the Red, and The Kid play. All favorites of mine, along with DatDude.
    What if this is as good as it gets?

16. Likes:

Blitz Dorsey (04-20-2013)

Last night was my favorite moment in recent Reds history. Teddy's enthusiasm and smile were nothing short of powerful and moving. If the story of a season of baseball could be told through a scrapbook, and last night's magic would definitely need two pages.

Frazier's power continues to surprise me.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Frazier strikes me as more the Tony Perez.
    Good call.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Turn Off Ads?