Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunday April 7, 2013 Minor League Updates

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Sunday April 7, 2013 Minor League Updates

Dayton is up 4-0 after 6. Sal Romano was outstanding. 57 pitches, 6 innings, 3 hits, 0 runs, 0 walks, 1 hbp and 6 strikeouts.

Louisville is down 2-0, heading to the 2nd.. Billy Hamilton is back in the lineup.

Pensacola plays at 4.

Bakersfield plays at 5:09.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Sunday April 7, 2013 Minor League Updates

2-2 in AAA. Toledo's runs on a 2 run Dany Dorn HR. The Reds with a Hamilton Triple followed by a Donald Ground out for 1 and a Corky Miller Solo shot for the other.

Loving the Sal Romano line. He may be the next pitcher to join the top 10 by season's end.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Junior Arias in CF today for the Dagons. Interesting.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Junior Arias in CF today for the Dagons. Interesting.
    That is where he will be playing this year. Speed is there. Made an error today on a ball near the track.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    That is where he will be playing this year. Speed is there. Made an error today on a ball near the track.
    I knew he moved to the OF. Was surprised to see him in Center. He was a train wreck at 3B if I understand it correctly. He still has some talent. Gelalich, Arias and Winker may be a pretty good OF to follow up through the organization together.

Is Arias being used as more of a utility guy. Beau Amaral would seem to be left w/o a spot with Arias in CF.

Pretty nice line for Villareal today through 6 too. 6/4hits/2runs, both earned/0 Walks/ 6K's. 71 pitches, 53 for strikes.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I knew he moved to the OF. Was surprised to see him in Center. He was a train wreck at 3B if I understand it correctly. He still has some talent. Gelalich, Arias and Winker may be a pretty good OF to follow up through the organization together.

Is Arias being used as more of a utility guy. Beau Amaral would seem to be left w/o a spot with Arias in CF.
    Both guys have two starts each in center. Dayton has the DH every game, so they can get everyone at bats that way. Not sure how the future will break down in terms of playing time for both guys in center.

Selsky drove in a couple with a first-inning double, staking Pensacola and Ryan Dennick to a 2-0 lead.

Villarreal went seven. Christiani gave up a run in the eighth and Louisville lost, 3-2.

Prior went 1.2 IP: 2 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 K.

Dayton won 4-1. Brent Peterson went 3-4, but his average dropped to .857. Vincej and Gelalich (2B) had a couple knocks.

Romano's great effort (love those 0 walks) was followed by two scoreless from Tony Amezcua. Mo Wiley closed with an unearned run and 2 K.

Waldrop's double keyed a 2-run first for Bakersfield. James Allen gave up a solo shot in the bottom of the inning.

Edit: Juan Silva's double contributed to two more runs in the second, making it 4-1.
    Last edited by mace; 04-07-2013 at 05:44 PM.

A three-run blow by big Donald Lutz has Pensacola up 5-2 in the seventh. Bryson Smith is 3-3. Ray Chang is 3-4. Dennick went five and Loek Van Mil threw two scoreless.

The bad: Bakersfield's lead was blown up by Stockton's 7-run fifth against James Allen. Blaze trail 11-7 in the seventh.

The good: Yorman has a home run and a walk. D'Anna also went deep.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    The bad: Bakersfield's lead was blown up by Stockton's 7-run fifth against James Allen. Blaze trail 11-7 in the seventh.

The good: Yorman has a home run and a walk. D'Anna also went deep.
    That's really all I care about on that team: How Yorman does. Well, Yorman and Kyle Waldrop. Couldn't care less about James Allen, wins or losses, or anything else. Just want Yorman to re-establish himself as a top prospect as I'm predicting he will ... and want to see Waldrop build on his solid 2012 season.

Interesting that Bryson Smith is playing every day.

Obviously, the Reds see something in him.

He's a bit under the radar, even on Redszone.

OTOH, Steve Selsky only got token ABs both the first and second games of the season before playing yesterday and today.

Sigh.

17. Likes:

OGB (04-08-2013)

Turn Off Ads?