Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Votto is just not as good as ppl think

Re: Votto is just not as good as ppl think

the triple the other day looked nice to me

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'll take his current .480 OBP. But maybe my expectations are too low and I should demand he bump that up 100 points or so.

Joey has not been himself since the injury but I believe he started slow last year.

I give it up to the original post for the Hal Morris reference. I had forgotten about that feet shuffling Punch and Judy.

They still aren't pitching to Votto which surprises me. His reputation precedes him.
    Last edited by mgbrown66; 04-07-2013 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Grammar

When I used to play fantasy baseball (and I played it far too much, with 18 ESPN teams one year), I used to live off of guys who over-reacted one week into the season, dropping their studs because of a cold streak. I don't like to see Votto struggling so bad right now, but he will produce the numbers we expect of him.

6. Likes:

mgbrown66 (04-07-2013)

This can't be a serious thread, and if it is, friends don't let friends post drunk.

now I understand why they didn´t let anyone post in the old red guard....

9. Likes:

bigredmechanism (04-07-2013),George Anderson (04-07-2013),mgbrown66 (04-07-2013)

You can write off anything from last season, everyone acknowledged he wouldn't be the same player. As for this year, he's just not having a hot start. It happens. No other player on the team is going to be evaluated after 6 games. Anyone think Frazier is going to hit .500 the rest of the season? Of course not, it's just 6 games and things will eventually even out. It 's not like he's hitting disastrously low right now, his average is like .260 which is mediocre for him. Give him time to hit his stride.
    I've said all winter — they talk about this team winning the division — and my comment is, they won't win it because, at the end of the day, they still are the Chicago Cubs, and they will figure out a way to screw this whole thing up. - Marty Brennaman

Some people are really stupid, lol.

This might be the worst thread ever. Can we make him go 250-300 posts before ORG access?

Quote Originally Posted by BellyBuster View Post
    last 55 games, 0 homers

last 55 games, 13 rbi

175 at bats

no hr since june of 2012--- The last time the 250,000,000 dollar man hit a fly ball past the warning track.

In the last 25 at bats where Votto has batted with 2 strikes he has 1 hit.

Quarter Billion dollars for Hal Morris with a better walk rate.
    Small sample rates are fun!!

Take this post for example...,

14. Likes:

bigredmechanism (04-07-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by BearcatShane View Post
    You realize his power was completely sapped last year after that injury, right?
    A partial tear in his meniscus, that was surgically repaired, has sapped his power forever, I guess...? Like Sampson all his strength/power was in his (hair) or in Votto's case his meniscus? Really?

Many NFL players return after a couple weeks from a meniscus repair and or partial removal and are fine, and many are RB's!
    I think with Votto it is mental, he has now turned into a get on base guy.
    Seems to almost always look for a walk first, get 2 strikes, choke up and hit it to the left side.
    God, when will he ever turn on pitch and pull it 400 feet into the right field seats!
    If his leg is not at full strength by now, it never will be.

When I tore up my knee way back in the mid 80's, they said you don't need an ACL for softball and that torn meniscus, well we just had to remove that, because cartilage will not heal.
    Just saying I know a little about this injury.
    And Joey did not tear his ACL, he had (has) a very minor and common knee injury.
    Remember a guy named Mantle, he tore up his knee really bad, never sapped him of his power...
    Last edited by Falcon7; 04-08-2013 at 12:07 PM.

Salukifan2

I think it is very possible that Joey hasn't quite shaken his approach from the end of last season yet. OBP was crazy even when he returned from the injury as a singles hitter.

Joey doesn't strike me as the type of guy that gets caught up in rbi's and HR. He cares about producing runs, that's what he does and is paid the big bucks to do

Just give it time, I think he'll be back to where he needs to be. It's not just about Homeruns.

18. Likes:

sdwagers (04-08-2013)

let me respond to the op with a question. Are we as good with Brandon Belt as our 1st baseman?

Quote Originally Posted by BellyBuster View Post
    Quarter Billion dollars for Hal Morris with a better walk rate.
    Is it too late to sign Hal Morris?

Turn Off Ads?