Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Citizen's Bank Park

Citizen's Bank Park

Anyone been to Philly for a game yet? I'm going on the 18th of May and was looking at tickets. I don't want to spend too much, but me and the wife would like a good view. I was looking at the terrace level (330ish section), but not sure if they're going to feel high and far from the action. Any one have any first hand insight for this place? I may just suck it up and spend the 50ish per ticket to be in the lower bowl, and just go lighter on the spending during the day (I don't really need an authentic cheesesteak, right? )
    Is it "next season" yet?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

Re: Citizen's Bank Park

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    Anyone been to Philly for a game yet? I'm going on the 18th of May and was looking at tickets. I don't want to spend too much, but me and the wife would like a good view. I was looking at the terrace level (330ish section), but not sure if they're going to feel high and far from the action. Any one have any first hand insight for this place? I may just suck it up and spend the 50ish per ticket to be in the lower bowl, and just go lighter on the spending during the day (I don't really need an authentic cheesesteak, right? )
    I've been there 2 or 3 times. I sat in the upper section once and it wasn't too bad. It's like a lot of the new stadiums in that the upper levels are further in near the action than they used to be.

I bought tickets in LF once that were 50-ish and they were great. Personally I think you are better off with the good tickets, but the upper terrace isn't bad if you had other plans to spend money on.
    Award Winning Baseball Player

Was there for a playoff game vs Cincy. Halladay was sharp.

The Tony Luke's pork sandwich at the stadium was really good. They also have a great Mitchell and Ness store in CF. Too bad it was all Philly.

Gizmo, while I cannot give you advice on tickets this year, I can give you advice on what to wear and how to cheer. If you've got thick skin and you're willing to take on a potential verbal/heckling lashing, then wear your Reds gear and cheer like you normally would. If you'd rather be left alone, wear plain clothes and cheer quietly amongst yourselves.

I've been to over a dozen ballparks, and Philly fans are the worst I've come across. I've worn Reds gear in there on several occasions, and I've dealt with a bunch of garbage from idiot fans for showing some Reds pride. The last game a buddy and I went to we decided we didn't want to deal with the lunatics so we wore plain clothes and it was a fine experience.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Cyclone is exactly correct. I've been to numerous games there, both with and without Reds garb. If you wear it, just have your thick skin on.

Tickets will be cheaper on Stub Hub if the Phillies are playing poorly. Section 330 is not to bad. If you can get on the first level it is better though.

Bull's Bar-b-que is pretty good also, located in center field. Greg Luzinski is usually there reading the paper in his booth. All the food at CBP is quite expensive though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post
    Gizmo, while I cannot give you advice on tickets this year, I can give you advice on what to wear and how to cheer. If you've got thick skin and you're willing to take on a potential verbal/heckling lashing, then wear your Reds gear and cheer like you normally would. If you'd rather be left alone, wear plain clothes and cheer quietly amongst yourselves.

I've been to over a dozen ballparks, and Philly fans are the worst I've come across. I've worn Reds gear in there on several occasions, and I've dealt with a bunch of garbage from idiot fans for showing some Reds pride. The last game a buddy and I went to we decided we didn't want to deal with the lunatics so we wore plain clothes and it was a fine experience.
    Thanks for the heads up. I hate to not wear Reds gear, but sounds like it may be worth my sanity to just go without. Wonder if taking my 2 little girls would help the situation... probably not.
    These past couple years I've been living between Baltimore and Washington and going to both those parks as a visiting fan has been great, they're pretty laid back. We even made a little boy's day last season when we gave one of our 2 Strasberg bobble heads to him because he showed up too late to get one.
    I'll be pulling for a Nationals and Reds NLCS followed by Baltimore and Cincy in the World series, for sure! Hell, maybe we can play Philly in the NLDS and I could have a chance to go to a game from each series!
    Is it "next season" yet?

Quote Originally Posted by NYMoose View Post
    Cyclone is exactly correct. I've been to numerous games there, both with and without Reds garb. If you wear it, just have your thick skin on.

Tickets will be cheaper on Stub Hub if the Phillies are playing poorly. Section 330 is not to bad. If you can get on the first level it is better though.

Bull's Bar-b-que is pretty good also, located in center field. Greg Luzinski is usually there reading the paper in his booth. All the food at CBP is quite expensive though.
    Stub Hub right now is running pricier than just getting them from the Phillies site. Gonna keep my eyes open on both for the next couple weeks, gotta make sure we have a baby sitter that day, or if I have to get an extra seat. Which in itself will be a deciding factor on where we end up sitting.
    Probably gonna do all our eating out and about. I hate paying stadium and theater prices for food.
    Is it "next season" yet?

Thanks for the heads up. I hate to not wear Reds gear, but sounds like it may be worth my sanity to just go without. Wonder if taking my 2 little girls would help the situation... probably not.
    These past couple years I've been living between Baltimore and Washington and going to both those parks as a visiting fan has been great, they're pretty laid back. We even made a little boy's day last season when we gave one of our 2 Strasberg bobble heads to him because he showed up too late to get one.
    I'll be pulling for a Nationals and Reds NLCS followed by Baltimore and Cincy in the World series, for sure! Hell, maybe we can play Philly in the NLDS and I could have a chance to go to a game from each series!
    Both Camden and Nationals Park were great experiences for me too (though Camden was a Braves/O's game, not a Reds/O's game). Nationals fans were pleasant and fun with our group, and we all had our Reds gear on for every game.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post
    Both Camden and Nationals Park were great experiences for me too (though Camden was a Braves/O's game, not a Reds/O's game). Nationals fans were pleasant and fun with our group, and we all had our Reds gear on for every game.
    Camden was fantastic when we were there for the Reds/Os series a few seasons back. We went to all three games and the crowds couldn't have been more polite.

It doesn't hurt that the park itself is probably one of the top 2 or 3 best place to catch a game in all of baseball in terms of setting, park quality, and food/beverage options available.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

I've been to several games there now, wearing Reds gear with my 8 year old son.

No issues whatsoever.

I've been in Philly for the better part of 18 months now and am starting to think the Philly Fan stereotype is way over blown.

Just my .02

Have been to CBP at least twice for Reds, fully gear-ed up, and have never had an issue outside of just people asking questions about the Reds.

Definitely not the "philadelphia fan experience" I was expecting.

Now the ironic thing is, I went there once on an April sunday afternoon for a game against the Dodgers, sat in the right field stands and it was the most vile, vulgar ...just flat out scary crowd I had ever experienced anywhere, and Ive been to hundreds and hundreds of sporting events.

Go figure.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Your experience at any ballpark as a visiting fan, I've found, is usually directly proportional to what you pay for your tickets.

Sit in the cheap seats? Prepare to be harassed by people 4-5 beers deep. Sit in the lower-level or in the club section? You'll usually have a better experience.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

I went there about 5 years ago. It was Dodgers vs. Phillies and my seats were in the upper deck down the LF foul line. I thought it was a great park to watch a game in. I didn't have any problems there. They must have been on their best behavior that night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Marc D View Post
    I've been to several games there now, wearing Reds gear with my 8 year old son.

No issues whatsoever.

I've been in Philly for the better part of 18 months now and am starting to think the Philly Fan stereotype is way over blown.

Just my .02
    Since you live there, I'll hit you up with another question. Do you know how early the lots around the stadium open? We're looking to get up there in the morning and go see some of the sights. I'd like to just pay for parking once and hop on the transit, then ride back to the stadium for the 4 o'clock game, jump in the car after and drive home. I know I could probably find somewhere to park all day near a transit, but I'd like to be close to the highway/stadium so we're ready to roll on home.

Guess I won't worry about the crowd either way. I'm pretty thick skinned, so if I get ribbed, so be it. Maybe we'll be up 10 and I can do the ribbing!
    Is it "next season" yet?

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

Since you live there, I'll hit you up with another question. Do you know how early the lots around the stadium open? We're looking to get up there in the morning and go see some of the sights. I'd like to just pay for parking once and hop on the transit, then ride back to the stadium for the 4 o'clock game, jump in the car after and drive home. I know I could probably find somewhere to park all day near a transit, but I'd like to be close to the highway/stadium so we're ready to roll on home.

Guess I won't worry about the crowd either way. I'm pretty thick skinned, so if I get ribbed, so be it. Maybe we'll be up 10 and I can do the ribbing!
    Iirc the lots are open a good amount of time before the game. I can't find anything on their site that says this, but I've gone early to baseball and football games to tailgate.
    Award Winning Baseball Player

Turn Off Ads?