Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Billy Hamilton Tweet....

Billy Hamilton Tweet....

RT @b_ham_3: What's there to do in cincy tonight?

Oh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

2. Turn Off Ads?
    AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Re: Billy Hamilton Tweet....

You got me falsely excited that he had been called up, but I scrolled down and he had actually already been in town before the injury to attend the game:

https://twitter.com/b_ham_3
    Stick to your guns.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    RT @b_ham_3: What's there to do in cincy tonight?

Oh.
    Haha, that's funny. He was in town all day though apparently.

One might suggest he go find a park bench and practice riding the pine, if he indeed got called up at this point.

-The Insider-

lol I saw that tweet last night and was like "OMG" then I scrolled down some more.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

While I'd be excited when he eventually gets to the bigs, I'd be disappointed if the Reds pushed the panic button on him. He needs those everyday ABs.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

8. Likes:

Boss-Hog (04-02-2013)

Call him up - move Choo over and let's see what happens -BOLD is good. If he does better than last years CFer we are ahead of the game -and i gotta think he could do at least that well. Do it Walt -call him up.

10. Likes:

Nosirrah (04-02-2013)

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Call him up - move Choo over and let's see what happens -BOLD is good. If he does better than last years CFer we are ahead of the game -and i gotta think he could do at least that well. Do it Walt -call him up.
    I'm not anti-bold. Just have heard enough from people I trust to know he's not ready for it. Could do more damage than good.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

12. Likes:

thatcoolguy_22 (04-03-2013)

Ah...people you trust .... that's about the softest endorsement and reason for not being bold and making a strong decision...."I know people and these people know things" (i'm being a jerk).

You transfer Choo to left and his WAR goes from 2 back up to 4. You put Hamilton in Center and i betcha he could give ya a 1.5 wins total. It's a net improvement -- do it -be bold -lets take this thing and demolish the other teams in our division.

im 10000% against bringing hamilton up. But its not going to happen so we dont have to worry about it

Bring him up - put him in CF and Choo in left and lets win the division by 20 games - lets be great!!

he's not ready

Even if he rakes at AAA, the Reds won't bring him up any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by holster10 View Post
    Even if he rakes at AAA, the Reds won't bring him up any time soon.
    I hope you are right.

500-600 at bats in Louisville today won't hurt him and could really turn him into a baseball player not just an athletic talent. More time in centerfield won't hurt either.
    "Even a bad day at the ballpark beats the snot out of most other good days. I'll take my scorecard and pencil and beer and hot dog and rage at the dips and cheer at the highs, but I'm not ever going to stop loving this game and this team and nobody will ever take that away from me." Roy Tucker October 2010

Turn Off Ads?