Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Power Rankngs ESPN

Power Rankngs ESPN

ESPN is in mid-season form. The Reds dropped from #3 to #4, while the Nationals remain in the top spot. I know the rankings are meaningless, but the lack of logic is astounding.

http://http://espn.go.com/mlb/powerrankings
    Last edited by RedsfaninMT; 04-08-2013 at 12:44 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Power Rankngs ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by RedsfaninMT View Post
    ESPN is in mid-season form. The Reds dropped from #3 to #4, while the Nationals remain in the top spot. I know the rankings are meaningless, but the lack of logic is astounding.
    What the?

Quote Originally Posted by RedsfaninMT View Post
    lol, "mid-season form" is right. Their blurb for Nats was about the drubbing we gave them 15-0......BEST TEAM IN BASEBALL! *sigh*

The Nats who beat up the Marlins and lost a series to the Reds is better than the Reds who won series against Angels/Nats. It's the bias, no denying it now. At least they should have the logic to put the Braves over them..

Another example of coast-bias in sports. If the team is from east or west coasts, then they get so much more attention, and so much more slack when they underperform. If a team is from the midwest? Yeah yeah yeah, let's talk some more about the Yankees or Dodgers.

Meh ESPN has proven many times they aren't into sports reporting, they are in the business of Sports Entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by SidneySlicker View Post
    Meh ESPN has proven many times they aren't into sports reporting, they are in the business of Sports Entertainment.

Dead on. I avoid ESPN with the exception of watching Around The Horn and PTI. SportsNation is pretty good on mute just to see Charissa T.
    Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.

All the dishes rattle in the cupboards when the elephants arrive

8. Likes:

dubc47834 (04-08-2013)

It's just like everything else they do, polarize the issues and watch people talk and read about it.
    If people didn't click or watch that crap in the first place, Espn would change up their format.

Quote Originally Posted by TSJ55 View Post
    Dead on. I avoid ESPN with the exception of watching Around The Horn and PTI. SportsNation is pretty good on mute just to see Charissa T.
    Yes their actual sports programming, meaning actual games are the only reason I turn to that channel.

i was noticing today that even the MLB network highlight show covered the Reds/Nats way down the list of games and I couldn't help thinking that if Strasburg had shut down the Reds that it would've been the lead story

12. Likes:

REDREAD (04-08-2013),Tommyjohn25 (04-08-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by TSJ55 View Post

How do you manage to watch those shows, they are essentially the same type of attitude but individual opinions instead.

Charissa is almost annoying to me, just because I know she doesn't give two craps about anything relating to sports. Of course she's attractive, but acknowledging that means that hiring a know-nothing works so I avoid saying so
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey

FWIW, Buster Olney has the Reds #1 in his own power rankings.

15. Likes:

REDREAD (04-08-2013),smith288 (04-09-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by redsrule2500 View Post
    How do you manage to watch those shows, they are essentially the same type of attitude but individual opinions instead.

Charissa is almost annoying to me, just because I know she doesn't give two craps about anything relating to sports. Of course she's attractive, but acknowledging that means that hiring a know-nothing works so I avoid saying so

I think Reali is hysterical and I love to hate Bill Plaschke. I like Kornheiser's and Wilbon's schitick.

Yeah, she's annoying but I've also known that hiring "know-nothings" has worked forever so that's why it's OK on mute while I'm at work.
    Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.

All the dishes rattle in the cupboards when the elephants arrive

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post
    FWIW, Buster Olney has the Reds #1 in his own power rankings.
    Barry Larkin himself, had us down at 5.

Quote Originally Posted by GADawg View Post
    i was noticing today that even the MLB network highlight show covered the Reds/Nats way down the list of games and I couldn't help thinking that if Strasburg had shut down the Reds that it would've been the lead story
    They discussed it on First Take today while I was home for lunch. They made it seem more about Strasberg struggling than the Reds actually being a strong opponent. The level of ignorance displayed by so many of ESPN's so-called "experts" is mind-boggling at times.

Many Reds fans are leaving comments on the ESPN page. In terms of the drop, it seems that they do not use the same voters each week which no doubt leads to some volatility.

Turn Off Ads?