Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: 4/8/2013 Reds at Cardinals

Re: 4/8/2013 Reds at Cardinals

one foot off of the Choo bandwagon now...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Speechless
    Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.

All the dishes rattle in the cupboards when the elephants arrive

I have to agree with the earlier poster. If Ludwick is going to be out much of the season, switch Choo and Heisey. Anyone heard how long he is expected to be out?

Wow. Who would've thought he had the range but he just couldn't catch the ball. 3 unearned runs allowed defensively and 1 run passed up on the bases due to stupid errors.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Did he have these issues in RF?

Yeesh, Choo.

And I just rebuked an Indian fan the other day on the golf course that said "Choo can't catch". LOL
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Wow Choo is flat out is giving this game away on Molina outs. If things go right and Choo held on to the the two times he dropped Molina's balls and Chris takes the open half of the plate this it's at least 3-1 lead rather than a 4-2 hole.

The last 2+ games the Cardinals have 15 runs with 2 outs!

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

I think you have to flip Heisey and Choo at this point. Don't let this become something that affects Choo at the plate.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Choo obviously is not a Centerfielder. Should have put in left immediately in game two and put Heisey in CF.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I don't see why this is Choo's fault. He told them he would try but that he wasn't comfortable in CF. Seems like management's fault more than his.

13. Likes:

Brisco (04-08-2013)

Nice hit by Choo. I'm thinking the sun was pretty fierce - plus first time in a new park. I'm giving Choo more time before voting him off of center field

Nice smash by Heisey! Two in scoring position for Joey.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Ball hit right at you is the most difficult play in the OF. Even with all his speed, Stubbs was subpar at the "at-em" ball, misplaying a bunch of them over his head. Of course, they didn't look as bad as these plays Choo made, but it's not easy. The good ones just make it look that way.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

I still think Choo will be adequately sufficient in CF. I also think the brutal late-afternoon sun is part to blame for those drops today. Choo can make those plays and he will as he gets more and more comfortable. I often thought that Stubbs was also quite tentative around the wall and couldn't make those plays as well as Bruce/Heisey do. It's just unfortunate the plays that he's missed have made him look really, really, bad.

-Matt

Turn Off Ads?