Turn Off Ads?
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233

Thread: 4/8/2013 Reds at Cardinals

Re: 4/8/2013 Reds at Cardinals

Brandon creeping up on the Big Bopper from Birmingham. Lee May. Lee May had an unusual stroke. Short. Kinda like chopping wood, unless I am misremembering.

2. Turn Off Ads?

DatDude sneaking up on The Big Bopper from Birmingham - Lee May. May had an unusual stroke. Short. Sorta like chopping wood, unless I am misremembering. And check out the stirrups. Not real high. Creeping on down to where the players where them today.

Just an amazing 9th inning. I like those type of innings. Break the game open and no worries in the bottom of the 9th. Choo had a great big hang with'em for those two errors. Give him credit for hanging in there and getting a huge hit in the 9th. He also started that inning with a walk. That's something we would have never seen last season. Also give credit to Simon and Lecure for two great relief innings when this was still very much in doubt. Latos was very good too. A really good beginning. Let's keep it going and see how many wins they can pile up in April.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

A fairly honest assessment of yesterday's game from the St. Louis paper.

We're getting our due from the opposing teams' press thus far:

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/colum...6e4edc31d.html

First of all, no one likes to lose the Reds — the best team in the NL Central and the Cardinals’ villainous rivals. The Reds have a loaded team, deep in just about every way, and are easily capable of racking up 100 wins. You can’t gift-bag games and hand them to manager Dusty Baker.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    The thing about the Reds scoring six runs a game is that there are going to be games where they DON'T score six runs in a game.

We don't even know if this is going to be one of those games yet.

Take a break. Walk around the block, it will be alright.
    Ahem

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Ahem
    Raisor:

I am sure some of us would have patted you on the back for this, but your own hand kept blocking us.

Barry Horowitz is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    And that really impressed me. In fact, numerous players went over and were encouraging Choo.

This is a corner OFer trying to learn not only a new position, but a new ballpark. I know there are some that think Heisey should be in CF, and Choo in Left. I almost tend to agree, but I understand Dusty's logic here too...

Lets be patient with the kid. He sure does make it up with his bat.
    Love me some Latos, but I gained even more respect for him after that.

Turn Off Ads?