Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: 4/8/2013 Reds at Cardinals

Re: 4/8/2013 Reds at Cardinals

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    So was this Choo drop a not top 10 play on Sportscenter bad or just a tough play that he couldn't finish? Can someone provide color for those of us who are at work?

Thanks.
    He chased it down just short of the track and had it hit the outside of his webbing, bounce up, again hit the outside of his webbing and fall just out of reach on the track. It wasn't terrible, but should have been caught. Perhaps, twice.
    Is it "next season" yet?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Good Lord, this guy is on his game so far. Ball is moving. Location is pinpoint.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Senor Votto

Can't even come to this site on gameday sheesh

the play choo/heisey ran into each if choo called it (unsure if either did) it's heisey fault since choo the cf right?

Seems to me Choo could have fared just as poorly in RF. Yes, he ran a good distance to get to the ball, but the ground he covered wasn't the problem. Not squeezing it in his glove was a problem. My expectations/concerns was him balking at the wall (already one occurrence) or not covering enough ground, which I have not seen as a problem...yet.

Chance for some Choodemption after Latos walk
    Is it "next season" yet?

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    Good Lord, this guy is on his game so far. Ball is moving. Location is pinpoint.
    On my I-Phone "9 Innings" game, Garcia is always around the plate, but rarely throws strikes.

Make him throw strikes.

choo is gonna struggle with lefties badly so get used to it people before you start complaining

I hate these games where it seems that the Reds have orders to swing at the first pitch. It is usually against control pitchers. Less so that inning.

2-0 going to the bottom of the 3rd.

11. Likes:

leeech86 (04-08-2013)

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

While Redszone went down, I drove up the street to Skyline to get me some dinner. On FM 100.3, the topic of discussion is "would you trade a Reds marquee player to free up money to re-sign Choo?"

Piecoro was asked the question and he said he'd trade Jay Bruce to re-sign Choo.

Choo on that Redszone. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    I hate these games where it seems that the Reds have orders to swing at the first pitch. It is usually against control pitchers. Less so that inning.

2-0 going to the bottom of the 3rd.
    I just hate the Cardinals as something wacky is bound to happen to cost you the game. Get down a couple runs seems impossible to comeback go up 5 runs seems impossible to hold the lead.

Feeling like we're going to need a few innings from Alfredo Simon this afternoon.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Latos is gonna have to throw at least 100 pitches because the bullpen is draaained

All right, let's get some base runners and move 'em around!

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    Feeling like we're going to need a few innings from Alfredo Simon this afternoon.
    I'd rather the Reds not concede 3 or more runs by putting Simon in

Turn Off Ads?