Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Annette Funicello, R.I.P.

Annette Funicello, R.I.P.

I just saw that Annette Funicello has died at age 70 from complications from MS. R.I.P.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

2. Turn Off Ads?
    For a Level Playing Field

Re: Annette Funicello, R.I.P.

When I heard this news all I could think was "... M-O-U-S-E." Well before my time (the Mickey Mouse Club or her beach movies), but I know of her and knew what she did. It makes me want to Google to see how many other Mickey Mouse Clubhouse members from her era have also passed away.

RIP, Annette Funicello.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    When I heard this news all I could think was "... M-O-U-S-E." Well before my time (the Mickey Mouse Club or her beach movies), but I know of her and knew what she did. It makes me want to Google to see how many other Mickey Mouse Clubhouse members from her era have also passed away.

RIP, Annette Funicello.
    I think she was the last of the original mouseketeers.

She had a wholesome look that Disney would like but she was a timeless beauty as well.

Finally her reign of terror is over.

RIP Annette.

I did a quick check and it looks like only 2 (now) of the original mouseketeers have died.

I never realized she had spent the last several years in an MS coma. Wow!

I remember her well growing up in the MMC, and then those silly beach movies.

But I think one of her greatest legacies, that I think she worked the hardest on, and her kids attest to that, was being a good Mom.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    I did a quick check and it looks like only 2 (now) of the original mouseketeers have died.
    My mistake. I don't know what I was thinking of. I confused her with someone else, just don't know who.

When choosy moms starting choosing Nutella instead of Jif, it was all downhill from there.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Turn Off Ads?