Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's Early

Re: It's Early

Manic depression is a frustrating mess....
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

2. Likes:

westofyou (04-08-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    I'm not chip, but I'm assuming this is what you mean Raisor.

Remain calm, all is well.
    Raisor probably meant the one where he was being paddled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Worth The Wait

The game threads are always full of irrationality and emotion. I'm ok with that though unless it devolves into a shouting match. To me, the game thread is the cyber version of a local tavern or the bleacher seats during a game. It's purpose is to discuss the events as they unfold, but also to have a shared experience with other fans. Sometimes if I am at home watching a game by myself my initial reaction to something may very well be over the top or irrational. Often, I calm down five minutes later and realize it's just a moment in a 162 game season and I need to chill. But venting is part of being a fan and the game threads seem to me to be a logical place for that kind of stuff.

6. Likes:

dubc47834 (04-09-2013)

It's called passion and oft-times it overrides logic.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Raisor probably meant the one where he was being paddled.
    Ah, Thank you sir may I have another! :O) If there's a funnier movie...I haven't seen it. *grin*

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    I've been on message boards for a couple decades. Football, baseball, basketball, they're all the same. The game threads are like watching a game live with a bunch of your friends. I would think I was in some kind of bizarro world if I sat through a game with friends and there wasn't numerous kneejerk reaction comments made. It's the nature of sports fans.
    Yep. Any in-game posting redass is excused 99% of the time.

Its not just the game threads.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    There was one or two negative posts in the game thread and people start freaking out over it. I think there are some posters looking to take shots at new ORG members whenever they can, even when there's no reason to. I'm not talking about you, Raisor, but I've definitely seen some of it. We're all Reds fans, so I don't see the need for some to have such an elitist attitude just because you were aware of this site before someone else may have been.
    In a game thread the other day someone was complaining about how bad the game threads have got since the merger and that something needed to be done about it. I feel the merger has gone pretty good and have tried to be as respectful as I can since coming over. There hasn't been a single poster that has gotten me ticked off enough yet to get an infraction...LOL!!!

Game threads were miserable before the merger.

Turn Off Ads?