Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Minor League Transactions

Re: 2013 Minor League Transactions

Via Rockies Twitter

#Rockies have traded RHP Parker Frazier to the #Reds in exchange for RHP Armando Galarraga. Galarraga will go to Triple-A.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Frazier has an almost unfathomably bad H/9 rate in AAA this season. May have been better off just keeping Armando, unless the coaches see something in young Parker.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

http://www.examiner.com/article/sitt...parker-frazier

Sitting down with Tulsa Drillers relief pitcher Parker Frazier

Henry: You've moved to the bullpen this season. What has that change been like for you?

Frazier: They put me in the bullpen once I got to Big League camp and it was an adjustment. The biggest adjustment has been figuring out what pitch to use when I come in the game and knowing that those pitches have to be on point. When I was starting last year, (Duane) Espy (Colorado Rockies’ Double-A Development Supervisor) always told me that if I could get through the first two or three innings, I would cruise. I don't have that luxury coming out of the bullpen. I have to come out and keep the ball down and get another pitcher out of a jam. There is a sense of pride from being able to help him out of that jam.

Henry: Have you adjusted to your new role yet?

Frazier: I'm still adjusting to it, but I feel like I am in the role that the Rockies provided. I think I have it mentally figured out, but I need to become more consistent with my pitches. I have to throw strikes and I have to put the ball where I want it to go. In the spring, I was trying to figure it out against big-league hitters. That's when I really learned that you have to shrink your misses.

I'm a sinker-slider guy with a decent change and I have to come out of the bullpen ready to hit on those pitches. When I come in and get in a groove, I still get into a starter mentality. But when you come out of the bullpen, you have to be cut-throat. You have to have that mentality and come in like a fire has been lit under you.

Henry: How has your dad helped you as a pitcher?

Frazier: A lot of people ask me about that and it's really tough to explain. He's seen me pitch more in the pros than he did in high school. In high school, it was more phone calls than anything. With him involved with the Rockies and me with the Rockies, it was awkward at first but it's also been a blessing. When I got the role in the bullpen, that's when he was really able to help me. A lot of people say they see some of him in me. I want to develop my own identity, but I also know that he played 10 seasons in the majors. He's helped me with the mental side of the game the most.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

Rockies Acquire Armando Galarraga
    By Steve Adams [July 15 at 11:47am CST]
    Here's your rundown of Monday's minor moves from around the league...

The Rockies have traded minor league right-hander Parker Frazier to the Reds in exchange for Armando Galarraga, the team announced on Twitter. Frazier was the team's eighth-round pick in 2007 and has a career 4.75 ERA with 5.8 K/9 and 2.5 BB/9 in 699 minor league innings. The 24-year-old reached Triple-A this season for the first time. Frazier entered the season as the team's No. 30 prospect, according to Baseball America. Galarraga famously threw a near-perfect game with the Tigers in 2010. He has a 4.78 ERA in 542 career Major League innings, though he's been significantly better in Triple-A this season, pitching to a 2.98 ERA with 6.6 K/9 and 3.6 BB/9. The move is clearly a depth signing, as the Rockies announced that Galarraga will report to Triple-A Colorado Springs.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/rockies/...99/#more-15099

Parker Frazier traded to Reds for Armando Galarraga

The Rockies picked Frazier in the eighth round of the 2007 draft. A top high school pitcher in Oklahoma, Frazier underwent elbow surgery earlier in his pro career and began showing promise. He was arguably Tulsa’s best starter last season, and appeared to have a shot to make the Rockies as a middle reliever at one point in September. Frazier was a candidate for the bullpen this spring, but struggled in his transition. He posted a 10.67 ERA in nine games with the Sky Sox, including three starts.

He has been involved in several trade talks over the last few years. This offers a potentially fresh start for the right-hander.

Greg Reynolds #2?

Parker Frazier has some upside so I see this as a nice bullpen depth move for the future. Interesting that his former big leaguer father is a TV commentator for the Rockies.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Werleen Taveras to Dayton (from Billings)
    Robert Stephenson to Bakersfield (from Dayton)
    Carlos Contreras to Pensacola (from Bakersfield)
    Ryan Dennick to Louisville (from Pensacola)

Parker Frazier is due to become a free agent after this season unless the Reds add him to the 40-man roster.

Does Parker Frazier have any option years left if he was placed on the 40 man roster?

http://www.baseballamerica.com/major...-with-rockies/

The Reds and Rockies kick-started the second half trade market by swapping Triple-A arms, one with 100 big league appearances and the other with zero. Cincinnati acquired 24-year-old righthander Parker Frazier, who ranked among the Rockies’ top 30 prospects in each of the past five seasons, while Colorado received veteran Armando Galarraga to provide pitching depth at Colorado Springs.

Frazier will qualify for minor league free agency in November if he’s not on the Reds’ 40-man roster or on a new minor league deal for 2014.

-The Insider-

Quote Originally Posted by Gallen5862 View Post
    Does Parker Frazier have any option years left if he was placed on the 40 man roster?
    He's never been on the 40-man roster.

Thanks Cinreds21.

Zack Weiss up to Billings from the AZL Reds.

Is Weiss a starter or a reliever?

Turn Off Ads?