Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jonah Keri ranks the Reds #1

Jonah Keri ranks the Reds #1

Today on Grantland:

1. CINCINNATI REDS

The Reds are swimming in frontline talent, from Joey Votto to Brandon Phillips, Jay Bruce, Johnny Cueto, Mat Latos, Aroldis Chapman, and Todd Frazier. But one of the biggest reasons to get excited about this team is something subtler: Unlike other clubs, even far more expensive ones, the Reds also have plenty of contingency plans.
    Last edited by RedEye; 04-08-2013 at 08:48 PM.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Jonah Keri ranks the Reds #1

I liked his bit on Heisey and Ludwick. And I basically agree on everything else -- although I may not be so bullish on their overall chances.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Might want to snip some of that article down. That is more than is accepted to post. Usually a paragraph is about the right amount.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Might want to snip some of that article down. That is more than is accepted to post. Usually a paragraph is about the right amount.
    Okay, thanks. Done. Sorry about that.

He's only ranking the Reds #1 because they are. So far this team has been kind of relentless.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

I read that earlier today. He just killed the Brewers in that article.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

The only other team that might be worth ranking at the top with Cincinnati right now is Atlanta (IMO). They're a powerhouse this year too, but straight up Cincinnati has probably had the strongest schedule of the top teams to start the season and they've done nothing but excel. This team is poised to turn heads this season.
    I see great things in baseball. It's our game.

Who cares about power rankings its fricking april there aren't any titles handed out then

Quote Originally Posted by Maker_84 View Post
    Who cares about power rankings its fricking april there aren't any titles handed out then
    I, for one, do. It gives me validation for my optimism. Especially when they are playing well.
    ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ Matthew 25:40

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jamz View Post
    The only other team that might be worth ranking at the top with Cincinnati right now is Atlanta (IMO). They're a powerhouse this year too, but straight up Cincinnati has probably had the strongest schedule of the top teams to start the season and they've done nothing but excel. This team is poised to turn heads this season.
    Washington is going to have their way with them.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by Maker_84 View Post
    Clearly you care enough to post that you don't. FWIW, I agree -- power rankings aren't worth a whole lot this early. Then again, it is interesting to see what other media outlets are saying about our beloved team. We can read what they say and agree or disagree with it. That, in my understanding, is what this forum is for.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of 1990 View Post
    Washington is going to have their way with them.
    With Atlanta? I think not. I think that's going to be a close race. The Atlanta lineup is very strong -- arguably stronger than Washington, especially if J-Up and J-Hey hit like they can (and watch out for Andrelton Simmons at the top of the lineup, too). Sure, the Strasburg-led rotation is hart to match, but ATL isn't bad on that end either. Medlen et al. should be able to keep up and the Braves always seem to have minor league talent to draw on in abundance. If Teheran remains anywhere close to the performance he indicated in ST, watch out. They may lose out in the end, but I hardly think WAS will "have their way." We'll see.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I read that earlier today. He just killed the Brewers in that article.
    Jonah is not a Dusty fan, either.
    sorry we're boring

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red View Post
    Jonah is not a Dusty fan, either.
    Indeed but he just ripped the Brewers. Even suggested they may finish behind the Cubs.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

16. Likes:

Always Red (04-09-2013)

I was thinking the Brewers might have an unexpectedly good season, but dang... he tore them a new one there.

Turn Off Ads?