Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why not Heisey in center??

Re: Why not Heisey in center??

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    I have been one of Heisey's #1 fans on this board for a long time. I've always wanted him to get a sustained chance in the OF (meaning more than a three-week stretch of unquestioned AB's).

That said, his inability to stay on the field combined with his penchant for going into slumps at the wrong time has made my hopes for him unrealistic.

I think he's a good 4th OF, but that's all the team should count on moving forward.

There. I said it.
    Paul has eclipsed him at the plate and he can take a walk. I would be willing to part with Chris in the right deal....the major leagues is chalk full of similar outfielders. I'd like an outfielder who can play infield like a Willie Blomquist

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by forfreelin04 View Post
    I'd like an outfielder who can play infield like a Willie Blomquist
    Unfortunately, Willie Baseball cannot really hit. At all.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Unfortunately, Willie Baseball cannot really hit. At all.
    Lifetime .271 hitter....he has no power but he would eat Cesar's lunch

Batting over .600 in 21 at bats in 2013

6. Likes:

LexRedsFan (06-08-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by forfreelin04 View Post
    Lifetime .271 hitter....he has no power but he would eat Cesar's lunch
    I thought we were talking about a Heisey replacement, not an Izturis one. For that matter, I think Cesar might at least eat Bloomquist for breakfast in the field -- though I admit, that's just an impression.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Heisey went 2-4 in Louisville last night, and seems to be healthy. When he's back, is the consensus that Lutz will be sent down?

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Heisey went 2-4 in Louisville last night, and seems to be healthy. When he's back, is the consensus that Lutz will be sent down?
    Has to be Lutz. Robinson has been too good to let go. Plus he's someone Dusty will bat 2nd besides the SS.
    I think I'd rather keep the Robinson/Paul platoon. I think it has worked well and hate to mess with that at the moment.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Yes I think Lutz to be sent down. He needs more development. Everyday play will be good for him.

If HI C comes out hitting he'll be good trade bait. Maybe a B prospect for him or a RP.
    Last edited by Kcbuckeye22; 06-18-2013 at 10:59 AM.

Turn Off Ads?