Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: 4/9/2013 Reds at Cardinals

Haunted by walks

Re: 4/9/2013 Reds at Cardinals

Hanigan needs to sit, but I always wonder how much rest a guy gets or if he spends the night and next day with a worried mind, anxious to get back in there.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Kozma lines a double to right. 2nd and 3rd

Quote Originally Posted by Maker_84 View Post
    i hate scoring over 10 runs in games because the next day it means the Reds are gonna be completely shut down
    I'm not sure that it means that. It's always good to score 10 runs.

Man, 12 K's tonight. Was Lynn just filthy or is this team starting to turn into a pumpkin? What happened to the new found patience?
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Bakers Dozen

i hate scoring over 10 runs in games because the next day it means the Reds are gonna be completely shut down
    Glad you own the only crystal ball on the entire planet

Bakers Dozen

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Man, 12 K's tonight. Was Lynn just filthy or is this team starting to turn into a pumpkin? What happened to the new found patience?
    Did you seriously just ask if this team is starting to turn into a pumpkin based on 7 innings of one game? I pray you're joking. Lynn tossed more K's than innings last year, he's a good little talent.

They scored 15 on Friday and followed it up with 6 on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    You make it sound like the pitcher has no say in those results.
    When we take the strikes and swing at the balls he has little to do with it, all he needs to do is avoid totally missing the zone and falling behind or hanging something for a bomb.

We got ourselves out all night when he fell behind we got all 4 hits and our walk.

Quote Originally Posted by PumpFak3First View Post
    Did you seriously just ask if this team is starting to turn into a pumpkin based on 7 innings of one game? I pray you're joking.
    Yes, I was being hyperbolic... no real panic here based on 7 innings. But the question about Lynn is an honest one. Wasn't watching so I'm curious about whether it was his stuff or just lack of patience.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Or bronson talked him out of it. Dusty's gone on record many times saying how much he trusts Bronson's answers about how he's doing.
    Like when he said he felt fine even though he had the lingering effects of mono for months and months.

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PumpFak3First View Post
    Glad you own the only crystal ball on the entire planet
    may be the only working crystal ball -- I know the one I have is useless -- my wife will confirm it
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    When we take the strikes and swing at the balls he has little to do with it, all he needs to do is avoid totally missing the zone and falling behind or hanging something for a bomb.

We got ourselves out all night when he fell behind we got all 4 hits and our walk.
    Agree to disagree. No point in sidetracking the game thread.

Bakers Dozen

Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post

If you really think we've been taking all the strikes and swinging at the balls all night you're selling Lynn very short. He's dealing well. It's okay to give the other team credit sometimes. Probably shocking to some of you but our opponents are major league baseball players, they can play too.

Wiggington strikes out swinging.

Jay lines out to left. 4-1 Cards after 7.

Turn Off Ads?