Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP Ultimate Warrior

RIP Ultimate Warrior

http://www.wwe.com/inside/ultimate-w...-away-26223975

This is freaking nuts. The guy was just inducted into the WWE HOF on Saturday and was on RAW last night for the first time in years to cut promo.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: RIP Ultimate Warrior

Whoa

I don't know how to handle this. I literally watched him live two days ago.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

about two and half minutes in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWZ7aBfA85A

i'll never understand why I, and so many others loved watching this incoherent slug in the ring. but I loved him, even as an adult smark.
    Last edited by Ravenlord; 04-09-2014 at 02:16 AM.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

6. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (04-20-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenlord View Post
    about two and half minutes in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWZ7aBfA85A

i'll never understand why I, and so many others loved watching this incoherent slug in the ring. but I loved him, even as an adult smark.
    I grew up watching him and its sort of why the streak dieing hurt me so much. It's part of my childhood, I'll always remember being 10 years old and running around the house like an idiot whenever I heard that classic theme come on tv. He played to the demographic WWF was aiming for (kids) and just the way he said stuff just lured you in like a hypnotist.

I'm glad he at least got one more moment in the sun and his legacy will be more than "The Self Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior".

RIP Jim Hellwig

Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

8. Likes:

Boss-Hog (04-09-2014),Chip R (04-09-2014)

Very sad news indeed. Almost every wrestling fan I know at one time or another was a big fan of his in his heyday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

From his appearance on Raw on 4/7/2014.

Name:  Warrior.jpg
Views: 1698
Size:  73.6 KB
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

I watched Raw and thought he looked very unhealthy then. Something just didn't seem right. He was moving slowly, his breathing seemed to be labored, when he shook the ropes they barely moved. Really unsettling to see a day later that he's gone.

In an unrelated note, I saw video of the Undertaker a day after Mania, and he could barely walk up the steps into his bus. This sport takes a heavy toll on people, and the average life span is scary. Hopefully Mark Calaway (Undertaker) hangs it up and calls it a career. Would hate to see him or other legends like him go too soon as well.

His comments on Raw are chilling considering this news.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

I was wrong
    Chip is right

Sounds like a massive heart attack.

William Arthur Ward

For a Level Playing Field

Sounds similar to Randy "Macho Man" Savage's passing (heart just quits). Not to rain on anyone's parade that liked him, but we all know the story. Big time wrestler, early death. This man had one of the most freakish physiques I have seen. Of course he might have had an undiagnosed heart ailment. But you cannot blame any person for thinking same ol same ol with this passing.

I can remember some years ago that a rumor was floating around that "the original Ultimate Warrior" died when his heart exploded (that is how the story was told). He was so popular at the time that the WWF replaced him with a look-alike. Anyone else remember this story?

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    Sounds similar to Randy "Macho Man" Savage's passing (heart just quits). Not to rain on anyone's parade that liked him, but we all know the story. Big time wrestler, early death. This man had one of the most freakish physiques I have seen. Of course he might have had an undiagnosed heart ailment. But you cannot blame any person for thinking same ol same ol with this passing.

I can remember some years ago that a rumor was floating around that "the original Ultimate Warrior" died when his heart exploded (that is how the story was told). He was so popular at the time that the WWF replaced him with a look-alike. Anyone else remember this story?
    Deadspin had a nice article on that rumor a few years back: http://deadspin.com/5506969/dead-wre...timate-warrior

I was into wrestling for about a year when I was a kid and it was around Ultimate Warrior's time. He turned into a bit of a crank I have read, but I still always loved the guy.

Here he is threatening a humor website with a lawsuit:

http://www.somethingawful.com/legal-...at-ultimate/1/

And of course he legally changed his name to "Warrior" I think to win the trademark or something?
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

17. Likes:

RedFanAlways1966 (04-09-2014)

You have to think steroids had something to do with it. He was the poster boy for it.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Don't let your children grow up to be wrestlers.

I've watched probably 20 minutes of new wrestling since Eddy died. I keep up by reading Scott Keith's blog but I can't watch it anymore. It's just too sad.

Eddy
    Owen
    Benoit
    Bulldog
    Bossman
    Perfect
    Rude
    Yoko
    Pillman
    Savage
    Warrior
    Hawk

On and on and on.

Thought about getting the WWE network but the hell with the business.

Turn Off Ads?