Turn Off Ads?
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: 4/10/13 - Reds at Cardinals

Re: 4/10/13 - Reds at Cardinals

Bailey's got the mental toughness of a gnat. After pitching fairly well, he gives up one bomb and can't get through it without falling apart.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by LeDoux View Post
    Are we sure a Reds game thread is the best place to talk about the greatness of the Cardinals?
    Not really anything else to talk about.
    Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.

All the dishes rattle in the cupboards when the elephants arrive

Where is the Reds team that scored 9 in the 9nth??? they havent hit since.. GRRRRRR

Are we sure a Reds game thread is the best place to talk about the greatness of the Cardinals?
    Given that it is 9-0 this is the place to do it.

As to the game I don't agree with taking out Ondrusek for the PH. Burn him up instead of wiping out the pen. Do you really expect to do much damage down 8 in the 7th with two outs.?.

Salukifan2

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfansince72 View Post
    Where is the Reds team that scored 9 in the 9nth??? they havent hit since.. GRRRRRR
    They haven't been walked 5 times in one inning yet

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

If baseball was war you would have been hanged as a traitor long ago.
    Instead - he will never be in my will
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Given that it is 9-0 this is the place to do it.

As to the game I don't agree with taking out Ondrusek for the PH. Burn him up instead of wiping out the pen. Do you really expect to do much damage down 8 in the 7th with two outs.?.
    Agree on both points. What is the worst that could happen letting him try to finish?
    Last edited by TSJ55; 04-10-2013 at 04:57 PM.
    Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.

People make it sound like the bottom is falling out. The Reds were 3 - 6 after 9 games last year on an easier schedule. This year they are 5 - 4 on probably one of the toughest schedules in the league and have, mostly, looked great. Nothing to panic over.
    I see great things in baseball. It's our game.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

After today, I don't think the Reds winning the division is nearly as sure a thing as we'd like to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    After today, I don't think the Reds winning the division is nearly as sure a thing as we'd like to believe.
    I was never one handing them the division to begin with, but just curious what you've seen in this one game that's so telling about what's to come?

So far the weak spots of hitting are LF/C/SS and Votto not being back to pre-injury Votto yet. I hope they dont wait till its to late to fix this and without Ludwick, Heisey isnt stepping up, he is looking like a player going backwards. No thought process at the plate, not thinking in the OF on that dropped ball. If Hamilton keeps tearing it up as he is hitting .421, bring him up to get a spark in this team and put Choo in LF.. Let him protect Votto batting 4th and let Brandon bat 2nd..

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    Yet the Reds are still in first place, have played a more difficult schedule, and STL hasn't had to come to Cincy yet.
    That's somewhat debatable considering that the Cards had to play in the West starting out against a much improved D-Backs team and in the Giants home opener. At best, the schedules have been a wash thus far in terms of strength of schedule.
    “Our next home stand follows this road trip.”

“I just want to tell everyone Happy Easter and Happy Hanukkah.” says on the day before Easter

Mike Shannon

I am not ready to jump off the bridge. I still think the Reds are all around a better team. A few hanging pitches and a bit of luck are the story today, just like most days.

It is one game. The Cardinals are a solid team but the odds of winning the division were not made greater by Monday or less by today (other than one game difference in the standings). The Reds are being whupped today so if people care to over-react it is better to have it in the game thread than in the main portion of the board.

how many times is Heisey going to swing at the 1st pitch??? GRRR.. not who i bat 2nd!

Turn Off Ads?