Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 4/10/13 - Reds at Cardinals

Re: 4/10/13 - Reds at Cardinals

offense still has holes especially without Ludwick, starting pitching so far doesnt look near as good as some were believing

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    Can I please have what you're smoking? Where were you going to put Adams? He's blocked by Craig, whose blocked by Holliday and Beltran in the outfield. The Cardinals management signed those players so shouldn't you be focusing your "outrage" over Mozeliak rather than Matheny?

Besides, as much as a fan of Adams as I am, it's still way too early to say what kind of hitter Adams will be on the major league level. We know what kind of hitters Holliday, Beltran, and Craig are.
    It's pretty simple. Bench Jon Jay and hit Kosma leadoff. Best OBP and the fastest man on the team. Move Beltran to CF, which he plays well and has a real arm, not like the noodle that Jay has. (zero assists last year!)

Move Craig to RF and Adams plays 1B. It's pretty simple. Of course, if the Cards could dump the 100 million dollar bum in LF for a pitcher like Cueto the Cards would have a shot at the Central.

I really want one run. Seeing the guys being shutout is extra depressing.

Well, the wicked witch isn't dead yet---at least when we play them at their home park.

Still, I may regret these words, despite today and last night, the Cards rotation, bullpen and defense will make it difficult for them to hang this year. I know the boogeyman will be there all year, but they are weaker even than last year. The bullpen is very shaky, the defense the same, and the rotation is downgraded from last year (yes Westbrook pitched well today, he does that occasionally). Mid 80 win total is the best I see.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

beat us worse than we beat them on monday

Salukifan2

Votto has been very unimpressive this series. He is swinging almost completely with his arms and wrists

Simon with over 30 pitches that inning after Ondrusek pulled after 7. Will Simon be out for the 8th? will Dusty blow through Parra too? Do we get Hoover some much needed work?

Heisey 0-4 on only 7 pitches. Mes saw 7 during his second walk.

Salukifan2

Quote Originally Posted by Magdal View Post
    It's pretty simple. Bench Jon Jay and hit Kosma leadoff. Best OBP and the fastest man on the team. Move Beltran to CF, which he plays well and has a real arm, not like the noodle that Jay has. (zero assists last year!)

Move Craig to RF and Adams plays 1B. It's pretty simple. Of course, if the Cards could dump the 100 million dollar bum in LF for a pitcher like Cueto the Cards would have a shot at the Central.
    Lol to everything said here. Bench a guy who plays good cf defense and with .370 obp out of leadoff spot and replace him with Kozma in the order. Just wow

I can deal with a blowout....but the amazing feat of not being able to hit off Westbrook, after striking out 10 times in 6 innings against Lynn......makes me very annoyed.

How effing humiliating. Thanks boys, gonna love the gloating jerks I have to work with rubbing it in just how much better the Cardinals are than the Reds.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfansince72 View Post
    So far the weak spots of hitting are LF/C/SS and Votto not being back to pre-injury Votto yet. I hope they dont wait till its to late to fix this and without Ludwick, Heisey isnt stepping up, he is looking like a player going backwards. No thought process at the plate, not thinking in the OF on that dropped ball. If Hamilton keeps tearing it up as he is hitting .421, bring him up to get a spark in this team and put Choo in LF.. Let him protect Votto batting 4th and let Brandon bat 2nd..
    Glad you mentioned Luddy there. I told you guys that he was the MAN last year. All 'yall scoffed at me. But when Votto went down he ROSE to the occasion, big time.

If Votto is Jordan, then Luddy is Pippin. (I guess that would make Bruce Horace Grant?)

I don't know what Ludwick's time table is, but when he returns.....a question: you got rid of the wastes of space Rolan and Stubbs, so when does Hiesey get jettisoned?

Quote Originally Posted by Salukifan2 View Post
    Lol to everything said here. Bench a guy who plays good cf defense and with .370 obp out of leadoff spot and replace him with Kozma in the order. Just wow
    Again, I want what he's smoking. Of course, this is the same guy who called Albert Pujols career done even though he hit 30+ HR and 50 doubles last season.

Dump the 100 million dollar bum, whose been near the top in terms of WAR in left field for god knows how many years, put Beltran in CF who has decreased range and is playing on broken toe, put a player on the bench and off the top of the lineup who has proven to give the Cardinals .370+ OBP the past couple of years. As TLR said, I would like to manage against you.

The last two days have been embarrassing a months worth of bad ABs vs Lynn then getting worked over by Westbrook for 8 zeros, pitching falling apart Dusty keep sticking with them to blow the game open and the Cards never ending string of random players minor league players who get all the hits in the world while our established stars go cold.

Had two games just needing to win one to keep a two game lead, but now looking at a tie in the division. With no Houston to beat up on and more H2H games with St Louis it makes these games extra important but we pull a Choo this series and dropped the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    I can deal with a blowout....but the amazing feat of not being able to hit off Westbrook, after striking out 10 times in 6 innings against Lynn......makes me very annoyed.
    He pitched effectively against the Giants. I think he's been using other things besides a sinker. He's thrown in random change ups and sliders to keep the hitters off balance. Last year he was effective with this approach and it seems to be working thus far this season.

Turn Off Ads?