Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 88

Thread: This team is worse than last year.

  1. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    152

    Re: This team is worse than last year.

    Well, I think you'll definitely miss Ludwick's bat. I believe he has a chance of coming back... supposedly, but with shoulder surgery, I would consider him done. Just look at your previous third baseman and former Cardinal Scott Rolen. When he started having shoulder issues, his power was absolutely gone... and he was never the same player again.

    IMO, unless someone really grabs that position and takes it over, you're going to need a LF by the trade deadline.

    Still, you'll be in the race for the division until the end. Though, it will be interesting to see how it impacts the entire NL Central without having the Astros.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #17
    This is the year
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    fairfield
    Posts
    237

    Re: This team is worse than last year.

    lol i expected to see some worrysome threads but cmon MAN.

    Way too soon. Its hard to even discuss its so soon.

  4. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bridgetown
    Posts
    1,510

    Re: This team is worse than last year.

    If your always negative / don't expect them to win why do you even watch/go to the games. Why would you care? I've never understood this.

  5. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    8

    Re: This team is worse than last year.

    Quote Originally Posted by CardsFanBob View Post
    Well, I think you'll definitely miss Ludwick's bat. I believe he has a chance of coming back... supposedly, but with shoulder surgery, I would consider him done. Just look at your previous third baseman and former Cardinal Scott Rolen. When he started having shoulder issues, his power was absolutely gone... and he was never the same player again.

    IMO, unless someone really grabs that position and takes it over, you're going to need a LF by the trade deadline.

    Still, you'll be in the race for the division until the end. Though, it will be interesting to see how it impacts the entire NL Central without having the Astros.
    We already have our trade deadline leftfielder. He's playing centerfield. We will need a trade deadline centerfielder. I'm not implying anything negative to Choo. He is a GREAT pick-up & I hope he is with the Reds for years to come. He adds an element that this team needs. Is the outfield of the Reds future, Choo, Hamilton & Bruce?

  6. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Cartwright, OK
    Posts
    140

    Re: This team is worse than last year.

    Quote Originally Posted by EMAW View Post
    5 and 4 after playing three of the toughest series on schedule
    Will take that
    everyone just stop and breathe

  7. #21
    Moderator LexRedsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Greenville, South Carolina
    Posts
    558

    Re: This team is worse than last year.

    Pretty sure we had an almost identical record at this point last year.

  8. #22
    Retro-Gamer Krawhitham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,729

    Re: This team is worse than last year.

    Quote Originally Posted by reds700 View Post
    Only two players (Choo and Votto) that know how to hit. The rest are just hackers. And defense is worse than last year.
    Your concern is noted

  9. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    349

    Re: This team is worse than last year.

    Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    Your concern is noted
    Yea, that 20 MILLION+ per year man is awesome, he already has 2 rbi's in only 11 games! On pace for 29 rbi's and 0 hr's!
    Lets see, last year when he came back in 32 games he had 0 hr's and 7 rbi's.
    Last edited by Falcon7; 04-14-2013 at 12:14 AM.

  10. #24
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    North Canton, OH
    Posts
    3,658

    Re: This team is worse than last year.

    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon7 View Post
    Yea, that 20 MILLION+ per year man is awesome, he already has 2 rbi's in only 11 games! On pace for 29 rbi's and 0 hr's!
    Lets see, last year when he came back in 32 games he had 0 hr's and 7 rbi's.
    Wow.

    You're right - Joey Votto is terrible! He needs to start swinging at pitches outside of the strike zone! He walks too much! Get a grip.

  11. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    56

    Re: This team is worse than last year.

    No ****, this team is terrible

  12. #26
    Member Wonderful Monds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,692
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesh View Post
    No ****, this team is terrible
    Seems to be a typo in your post, I think you meant to say "this thread is terrible."
    They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    He has also taught me that even when the Reds win it is important to focus on the fact that they could have lost.

  13. #27
    Blood and Thunder! Mastodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    51

    Re: This team is worse than last year.

    Well, I think Brandon Phillips is doing his job of punishing teams for just putting Votto on base instead of pitching to him. Votto may not be hitting power but he is coming home quite a bit because of Phillips and Frazier and to a lesser extent Bruce. Teams sooner or later are going to have to pitch to him, he's is getting on base in front of some hitters who are capable of bringing him home.
    I've said all winter they talk about this team winning the division and my comment is, they won't win it because, at the end of the day, they still are the Chicago Cubs, and they will figure out a way to screw this whole thing up. - Marty Brennaman

  14. #28
    The one. The only. Ron Gant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The Cheap Seats
    Posts
    3

    Re: This team is worse than last year.

    You're never as bad as you think you are and you're never as good as you think you are. This adage holds especially true at this point during the season. Losing two of three to the Cards hurt and being swept by the Buccos really hurt. But at the end of the day this ball club, in my opinion, is the most talented team in this division and will rack up the wins behind power hitting, excellent defense and very good pitching. You cannot let these last six games become a legitimate sample size in regards to each of those three facets. Just like you couldn't use the first six games of this season as a big enough sample size (even though we would all like to).

    5-7 sucks, I know. But keep it context. There are still a whopping 150 games left to be played and we face both the Cardinals and Pirates 16 more times each. I am more than confident this team will win and win big. And when all is said and done 2013 will be a season that will be talked about for a long time around here for all the right reasons. Just my two cents.

  15. #29
    Blood and Thunder! Mastodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    51

    Re: This team is worse than last year.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Gant View Post
    You're never as bad as you think you are and you're never as good as you think you are. This adage holds especially true at this point during the season. Losing two of three to the Cards hurt and being swept by the Buccos really hurt. But at the end of the day this ball club, in my opinion, is the most talented team in this division and will rack up the wins behind power hitting, excellent defense and very good pitching. You cannot let these last six games become a legitimate sample size in regards to each of those three facets. Just like you couldn't use the first six games of this season as a big enough sample size (even though we would all like to).

    5-7 sucks, I know. But keep it context. There are still a whopping 150 games left to be played and we face both the Cardinals and Pirates 16 more times each. I am more than confident this team will win and win big. And when all is said and done 2013 will be a season that will be talked about for a long time around here for all the right reasons. Just my two cents.
    True. I looked up last season's schedule and they were actually 4-8 through 12 games. I didn't realize that. All it takes is to not fall too far behind and have a solid month like they did last year when Votto went out to separate themselves from the pack.
    I've said all winter they talk about this team winning the division and my comment is, they won't win it because, at the end of the day, they still are the Chicago Cubs, and they will figure out a way to screw this whole thing up. - Marty Brennaman

  16. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    55

    Re: This team is worse than last year.

    dusty has to let Mes play more often...Hannigan is struggling and need a few days off in a row, to relax. This team will be fine.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25