Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: This team is worse than last year.

Re: This team is worse than last year.

Lose at home to Cubs while Cardinals win at Nationals. Those are the swings that win a division. Well done Cardinals.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by reds700 View Post
    Lose at home to Cubs while Cardinals win at Nationals. Those are the swings that win a division. Well done Cardinals.
    I am the master of the jinx.

The thread that keeps on giving.

i am convinced the originator of this thread is employed by or affiliated with colin cowherd.

As I previously stated. This team is garbage at offense.

As I previously stated. This team is garbage at offense.
    The Reds are 3rd in the major leagues in scoring. If you think the Reds' offense is garbage how do you feel about the 27 teams that have scored fewer runs?

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    The Reds are 3rd in the major leagues in scoring. If you think the Reds' offense is garbage how do you feel about the 27 teams that have scored fewer runs?
    How many teams have more one run or less games than the Reds?

That is skewed by a couple high run games. I am pretty sure we lead the league in games scoring under 2 runs. This offense needs to put up 5 runs a game. The trend of scoring 15 one game followed by 4 straight of 2 runs or less doesn't cut it. They better figure it out quickly bc they are staring at being 4 games back going into St. Louis.

That is skewed by a couple high run games. I am pretty sure we lead the league in games scoring under 2 runs. This offense needs to put up 5 runs a game. The trend of scoring 15 one game followed by 4 straight of 2 runs or less doesn't cut it. They better figure it out quickly bc they are staring at being 4 games back going into St. Louis.
    It is just normal statistical variation. Kind of ridiculous to complain about hitting for a team that is at the top of the league in scoring. Almost any other team in the league would love to score as well as the Reds have. If you want to vent after a loss find a rational target.

It is just normal statistical variation. Kind of ridiculous to complain about hitting for a team that is at the top of the league in scoring. Almost any other team in the league would love to score as well as the Reds have. If you want to vent after a loss find a rational target.
    I really don't think it's normal for the top scoring team to also lead in games where they score 2 or less. That is probably rare. Bottom line is we are pretty far below the Cards as a team right now. Their starting pitching is as good or better and their offense is a good bit better. They seem to consistently put up 5 or 6 a game. Unless we start doing that we are in trouble. Lets hope the pirates knock them off today.
    Last edited by reds700; 04-27-2013 at 06:40 PM.

If you eliminate the 4 10+ run games they're at the absolute bottom of the league in scoring average barely 2 runs a game. Too much pressure on the pitching to be almost perfect. The fact that Homer Bailey took a lose vs the Nats the other day after pitching the way he did is a crime.
    I've said all winter — they talk about this team winning the division — and my comment is, they won't win it because, at the end of the day, they still are the Chicago Cubs, and they will figure out a way to screw this whole thing up. - Marty Brennaman

The reds need to perform better against above average pitching. Period. I'm not saying they need to light it up for ten runs. That's not realistic. But put together good at bats. Manufacture runs. And keep the pressure on.

In regards to the offense Reds are(NL):

2nd in runs scored
    1st in BB%
    9th in ISO
    Have a .293 BABIP
    Have a 98 wRC+
    4th in offensive WAR

So at worst, it's a league average offense. And that's with Ludwick out, and Bruce way underperforming.

Cardinals have worst pen in baseball and we aren't patient enough to get to them. This offense is very bad.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Blow it up! Blow it up!!!

Just kidding.

Turn Off Ads?