Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First of Many Good Series Between the Reds & Cardinals

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

First of Many Good Series Between the Reds & Cardinals

I know my Cardinals took two of three, but I have a feeling it's going to be a back and forth all summer. They're two very strong teams who should win plenty of games. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if both make postseason play... once again.

Re: First of Many Good Series Between the Reds & Cardinals

Still early, but taking 2 after that ugly loss sure helps.
    We can share the women, we can share the wine.

Affable Opponent

Totally agree.

With the exception of one inning, that series was a bloodbath in St Louis' favor

Cards fans chatting with each other about how good they are on a REDS message board.PRICELESS.
    No Post Dispatch Cardszone?

Affable Opponent

There's the difference between us right there. Most Cardinal fans I know give you Reds your due respect. Me, I like talking baseball with other fan bases and will be on the Brew Crew board tonight. My mom was a Cincy native and I still have kin there (mostly elderly now, but still kinfolk).

Quote Originally Posted by Jr's Boy View Post
    Cards fans chatting with each other about how good they are on a REDS message board.PRICELESS.
    No Post Dispatch Cardszone?
    They do but it has some of the most vile conversation you will ever see on a sports forum. I've felt more at home here the past three or so years than I have ever felt on some of those boards.

Mike your one of the good ones.

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CardsFanBob View Post
    I know my Cardinals took two of three, but I have a feeling it's going to be a back and forth all summer. They're two very strong teams who should win plenty of games. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if both make postseason play... once again.
    It's been fun for the last few years for sure. Cards looked really good after the first game.
    Award Winning Baseball Player

I hate the cardinals and I dislike most of their fans....with that said, we have some good Cardinal fans over here that frequent....Mike is one of the good guys.

I am so sick of reading about Matt Adams and Trevor Rosenthal on a Reds message board.

I have been reading this message board for the past 10 years and the increase in Cardinals fans posting on this website is very bizarre to me. Answer me this:

How does the self-proclaimed "best fans in sports" have such terrible fan forums that fans leave and come to a rival team's message board to talk baseball?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I am so sick of reading about Matt Adams and Trevor Rosenthal on a Reds message board.

I have been reading this message board for the past 10 years and the increase in Cardinals fans posting on this website is very bizarre to me. Answer me this:

How does the self-proclaimed "best fans in sports" have such terrible fan forums that fans leave and come to a rival team's message board to talk baseball?
    If you want to get a true feel for your team, it is usually prudent to see and hear how they are perceived in other venues. That's why I always listen to the other team's announcers whenever possible.

As for the " best fans in baseball " moniker, it's misinterpreted (and tiring). It has more to do with St.Louis' overall appreciation of baseball and willingness to applaud good plays by opposition players.

The Reds are formidable, and I picked them to win the division. The 2 offenses are pretty much even. The Cardinals starters get a slight edge. The Reds have a better bullpen. The benches are close. What gives the Reds the edge (IMHO), their defense is much better and they run the bases better.

What might decide the division is depth. The Redbirds have already lost their ace, their starting SS and their closer. They let Lohse walk. Yet, they're in the hunt and have the deepest farm system in MLB.

If the Reds stay healthy, they'll be tough to beat. Losing Cueto hurts, but they should get him back by the ASB.

Either way, should be fun.
    We can share the women, we can share the wine.

Round 2 starts tonight.

Big series for both clubs. Each need to pick up ground on the Buccos who, for what I believe is the third year in a row, come out of the gate playing well.

that was some old school baseball right there. should be another good series.

I assume when it all shakes out it'll be the Reds and Cards again, but right now it's pretty much a cluster(bomb) in the division. Just one game separating first from fourth. Good win for the Reds last night, but I don't like the pitching match-up in game two. Garcia owns the Reds, with 8 career wins already -- and probably would be 9 if not for the Reds scoring 11 runs off the STL bullpen the first time we played them this year.

Turn Off Ads?