Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: Billy Hamilton

Re: Billy Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by wastedtime View Post
    So, whose place does Hamilton take on the playoff roster?
    Isn't it SOP for playoff teams to carry an additional position player? If so, I'd expect Ondrusek to be left out.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421 View Post
    Isn't it SOP for playoff teams to carry an additional position player? If so, I'd expect Ondrusek to be left out.
    What happens if Cueto and Marshall are both back? Simon I guess would be next and then Cingrani/Parra?

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    What happens if Cueto and Marshall are both back? Simon I guess would be next and then Cingrani/Parra?

I believe the last two playoff rosters were 4 starts and 7 relievers, so I would think Chapman/Cueto/Marshall/Lecure/Parra/Hoover/Simon would be in depending on how Cingrani gets used.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    I believe, and I could be wrong, that the rule is for post season only. In other words, when Cueto got hurt in NLDS he could then only be replaced by another pitcher for that series.
    Ah, that's it. I couldn't quite remember it and couldn't find the answer within 30 seconds on my phone.

What do you think about Billy Hamilton as super-sub eventually?

If he doesn't hit enough in 2014-15 to be the starting CF, can he remake himself into a SS/2b/OF super sub? Not to mention base stealing fiend? Would you support him getting starts in the infield in AAA this year and next if he's there? He could be no worse hitting than Cairo/Harris/Izturis/Valdez... am I right? This option alone could make him worth while and may squeeze the most value out of him. A little further work on the infield could do the trick. He took to CF like a duck in water, so he doesn't need endless work out there. I say run him around the middle infield for a good portion of the time at some point. He provides secondary options to Phillips, Cozart, Schumaker, Yorman, Choo, on and on and on....

7. Likes:

kpresidente (12-28-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by mdccclxix View Post
    What do you think about Billy Hamilton as super-sub eventually?

If he doesn't hit enough in 2014-15 to be the starting CF, can he remake himself into a SS/2b/OF super sub? Not to mention base stealing fiend? Would you support him getting starts in the infield in AAA this year and next if he's there? He could be no worse hitting than Cairo/Harris/Izturis/Valdez... am I right? This option alone could make him worth while and may squeeze the most value out of him. A little further work on the infield could do the trick. He took to CF like a duck in water, so he doesn't need endless work out there. I say run him around the middle infield for a good portion of the time at some point. He provides secondary options to Phillips, Cozart, Schumaker, Yorman, Choo, on and on and on....
    With all the talk of the Reds still needing a (presumably and unfortunately) defensive minded backup SS, it has occurred to me that Hamilton might fill that role as well as the other two positions you discuss. I've heard footwork and arm strength as reasons he does not currently profile as a starting ML SS. I wonder though, if he is capable of starting there once every two weeks or so to give Cozart a day off. That would certainly give the Reds more flexibility in filling a roster spot with a bat. On BH's MI days, Shoe or Heisey could play center. Seems to me that the flexibility you cite, could save a roster spot.

Turn Off Ads?