Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Billy Hamilton?

Billy Hamilton?

Is he expected -- assuming he continues to produce -- to be called up when rosters expand? Or could he be called up much sooner if production from your left fielders continues to be subpar? Then shift Choo to left?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Billy Hamilton?

When roasters expand is my guess but don't expect him to start much.

only way he comes up sooner if he's literally crushing the ball

Quote Originally Posted by R_Webb18 View Post
    When roasters expand is my guess but don't expect him to start much.

only way he comes up sooner if he's literally crushing the ball

Interesting. Looks like he was hitting in the 300s last year and again is having a good start.

Just saying, if I was a Reds fan, I would like the idea of having Hamilton lead off with Choo batting two. Be nice to have them in front of Votto, Phillips, and Bruce.

We saw BH last Thursday night in Louisville. Although he did have one hit, he looked pretty outmatched by Shawn Hill of Toledo. I guess numbers don't lie, but the eyeball test says not ready, at least not yet.

Quote Originally Posted by 64red View Post
    We saw BH last Thursday night in Louisville. Although he did have one hit, he looked pretty outmatched by Shawn Hill of Toledo. I guess numbers don't lie, but the eyeball test says not ready, at least not yet.
    The Big question as I see it is: Were his at bats any worse than we have seen from Heisey?

i agree im kind of done with Chris. Billy is killing in AAA and his speed could force a ton for our offense

if Heisey continues to not hit and make outs batting 2nd, the a move will have to be made.. Hamilton leading off and Choo 2nd will be plenty of runners on base for Votto and Bruce and Frazier

Quote Originally Posted by 64red View Post
    We saw him this past Monday in Louisville (and we don't live anywhere near it!). He tore the place up against Columbus, going 4 for 5 with 2 steals on 2 attempts and some sweet D in CF. As with anything, have to look across the body of work but, based on that one game and paying attention online, I like what I see with his development at the plate.

Choo's looking like a rock star and making Jocketty look like a genius. Putting him 2nd with BH atop the order come summer or fall is an excellent 'problem' to have. But good to let Billy bake a bit more to boost confidence he'll be able to handle the big league pitching consistently enough.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

Billy is probably not quite ready to bring his game to the majors until he's worked on his hitting, but after watching the first few games this year idk if he could do worse than some of the guys the Reds are running out there. Everyone projects billy as a leadoff hitter but if he were to come up some point soon I'd like to see him in the two hole. First off with the exception of cozart tonight the spot has been a black hole. Secondly choo is a proven on base machine. Between choo and votto in the lineup Bham would see a lot of fastballs. I know choo may block his ability to steal, but his speed could be used for the bunt. Choo gets on, billy lays down a bunt gets him over for votto and his speed gives him a high probability to get on as well. Plus with this approach his not quite ready bat wouldn't be exposed as much. Plus one of my favorite teams of all time were the 2003 marlins because they has a dual leadoff hitter type of situation at the top of their lineup which wreaked havoc on opposing defenses. I think this would give the Reds the same type of setup.

Turn Off Ads?