Turn Off Ads?

Thread: I'm Pumped! I just got Paul McCartney Tickets

I'm Pumped! I just got Paul McCartney Tickets

Paul McCartney is coming to DC in July and I just got tickets! He is one the iconic pop music singer/musicians of our time. I can't wait. I was able to get an early bird ticket because I have a partial season ticket plan with the Washington Nationals. McCartney is playing at Nationals Park and the promoter had a deal with them for their ticket plan holders. I'm sure glad now I renewed my little five game plan with them this season.

I know McCartney was in Cincinnati a couple of years ago. Can anyone tell me what it was like and good it was?
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Search Macca's name... Pretty sure there was a thread on it. Also, Lance McAlister had a show afterwards and a podcast which was very good.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Re: I'm Pumped! I just got Paul McCartney Tickets

I love Sir Paul and everything, but he was beyond horrible at the Olympics.

He is coming to Indy July 14 and I think I am going to try to get tickets. I have seen him 4 times and he is excellent in concert, dead letter perfect renditions of his hits.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Yes he just added the Indy stop today.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I saw him at Great American Ballpark a couple of years ago. He put on a terrific show, especially for a guy his age.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Just make sure you don't take the Long and Winding Road to the concert, or else your Ticket to Ride might be Hello, Goodbye.

"Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

You guys didn't lie. McCartney put a great concert last night in DC. He played for 2 hrs and 40 minutes non stop. He played all of his most popular songs and a lot of Beatles stuff. Truly great evening. Well worth the money. His Live and Let Die pyrotechnics stole the show. Great fireworks show to go along with that song. If anyone like McCartney and have never seen him in person you should. You won't be disappointed. For someone 71 years old he puts me to shame. No slowing down at all from him.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Going to see him tomorrow night, I first saw him in 1990 and at that time he was supporting a new album and he mixed in new tunes with the classics, now he is all classics.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Going to see him tomorrow night, I first saw him in 1990 and at that time he was supporting a new album and he mixed in new tunes with the classics, now he is all classics.

You won't be disappointed. Great show and he does play all his classics with the Beatles and Wings.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    You won't be disappointed. Great show and he does play all his classics with the Beatles and Wings.
    Great show but his voice was a little raw and there were some odd song choices.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Great show but his voice was a little raw and there were some odd song choices.
    He did play a lot of Wings songs. I liked that because I came to like McCartney through his time with Wings. But there were some of those I hadn't heard much either. His voice sounded OK during the concert. I even told my wife afterwards you really couldn't sense too much degradation of his voice. I video recorded quite a few his songs with the SL 100 Canon camera. While the video didn't turn out that well.very grainy, the sound was good and you could tell at times his voice had that "old man" sound. But still to be able to see one of the icons of pop music perform live is a real treat and something I'll never forget.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I loved him when he played GABP. I still can't believe I saw Sir Paul live for under $20.

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    I loved him when he played GABP. I still can't believe I saw Sir Paul live for under $20.
    Good price! I paid $100 for each ticket (2). I had good seats. They were on the baseball field level right at 1st base,26 rows up from the field. The seats located on the field ranged from $800 to $2,000 each! I passed on those.

One aside from this,the guys that take up residence in the Nats bullpen may be ticked when they get back home this weekend. They had the port-o-johns set up in the Nats bullpen for the people that had field tickets. I wouldn't want to be in the Nats bullpen this weekend and add to that 100+ degree heat this week. Shewwwwwww..............
    Reds Fan Since 1971

16. Likes:

reds1869 (07-15-2013)

Turn Off Ads?