Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Fangraphs writer very high on Stephenson

Fangraphs writer very high on Stephenson

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/nl-pi...n-fried-et-al/

Lots of nice things to say about Robert Stephenson along with a .gif of a wicked overhand curve. Or is that the change?

This winter I argued Stephenson should be included among a highly touted trio of right-handed starters; Archie Bradley, Aaron Sanchez and Noah Syndergaard and that he was a better prospect than Billy Hamilton, but I may have undersold him. He could surpasses them all and end up on many mid season Top 10 lists.
    Last edited by texasdave; 04-11-2013 at 03:07 PM.

2. Likes:

REDREAD (05-06-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Fangraphs writer very high on Stephenson

when i read it I thought at first he was high on a new drug...maybe "jeffery" was renamed or something IDK..

But to what this is really about. Thats good news. Im very excited with all of the pitching prospects we have

The Reds could very likely have three of the game's top 25 prospects right now in Hamilton, Stephenson and Cingrani. All three guys would probably make my own personal Top 25.

First time that could be said since they (arguably) had four in 2007 with Bruce, Bailey, Cueto and (the lowest rated of the 4) Joey Votto.
    Go BLUE!!!

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Any concern about Stephenson yet? 4 starts at Dayton so far...he's struggled considerably from what I can see. K/BB is fine, but outside of that...less than impressive.

Has anybody watched him pitch this year yet? What's your take?

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

When guys put the ball in play, they are hitting .500. He is fine.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    When guys put the ball in play, they are hitting .500. He is fine.
    Thanks. That's kind of what I was wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Any concern about Stephenson yet? 4 starts at Dayton so far...he's struggled considerably from what I can see. K/BB is fine, but outside of that...less than impressive.

Has anybody watched him pitch this year yet? What's your take?
    I was able to see him on 4/14 and thought his stuff was very good, despite an ugly stat line. He gave up a couple well struck balls but otherwise it was mostly weak contact and the defense didn't do him any favors.

Anybody think he does a 1/2 year at Dayton and then gets bumped up to Bake or a whole year at Dayton and skips Bake altogether?

Turn Off Ads?