Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Zack Greinke broke his collarbone

Re: Zack Greineke broke his collarbone

Anyone else find it hilarious how Vin Scully called play-by-play on the brawl in his usual calm tone of voice? The contrast between the pushing and shoving on the field and his broadcast was pretty funny.

Both of these guys need a nice long suspension for over-reacting and Kemp needs some time on the pine as well for keeping things riled up (much like Chris Carpenter did in 2010).
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Cueto literally ended Jason LaRue's career and all he got was the norm. I hope anybody who calls for Quentin sitting out until Grienke gets back thinks Cueto should have been kicked out of baseball. If baseball was really interested in stopping brawls (they aren't) it would have started putting in stricker penalties a long time ago..
    http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big...urn=mlb,261606

Larue wan't in the game when the fight broke out. He ended his own career when he left the bench. Carpenter can be blamed too for reigniting the fight by yelling at Baker. Molina and Phillips started the thing in the first place. The guys who had the Reds ace penned against a screen can also take some blame. The fight was not started by Cueto and many folks can take the blame.

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=10812129
    Last edited by klw; 04-12-2013 at 08:33 AM.

Not that charging the mound is ever a good plan, but I thought it looked pretty clear that Greinke was looking to hit him (again) and maybe even looking to fight.

Iirc wasn't Greinke involved in some chippy hbp antics against the Reds a few years ago? No fight, but I can't find the details.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Tadasimha View Post
    Anyone else find it hilarious how Vin Scully called play-by-play on the brawl in his usual calm tone of voice? The contrast between the pushing and shoving on the field and his broadcast was pretty funny.
    Vin did is usual lip reading, but made sure it was PG. He kept saying, "Kemp just told the Padres it was fertilizer, 'that's fertilizer' he said."
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

nm

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Who's Zack Greineke?
    I hope you do not live in a glass house, my friend. You are not calling me out, but I hope you are better than that. Bush league is used in baseball. And I guess other areas of life can use it too.

Some might not get an "A" grade in spelling. Others get an "F" in being a decent human.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    His career wasn't already over. Yeah he sucked, but Cueto literally ended his career. He never played again because Cueto dome rocked him with spikes.
    He hardly played that year (he averaged about 12 plate appearances month) and it was going to be his last anyway. His career ended because it was already over at the end of that year. Cueto prevented him from playing 2-3 more games. That is about it.

Can't the Dodgers just go out and buy another pitcher?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    I'm wondering as well what the time frame on his return is.
    I think the general timetable is 6-8 weeks, but I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    video
    http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...ews_la&c_id=la
    It doesn't look like Geinke says anything until after Quentin starts charging the mound at which point he says the f word and drops his glove.- see about 3 minutes in where there is a closeup of Greinke.

Kemp looks like the big jerk here. His reaction is the only thing that, given the circumstances, makes it look like it could have been intentional. The fight itself wasn't that egregious- there was no kicking, bats, punches, etc.
    In that video you don't see Greinke until Quentin is already charging (which he then drops the f bomb). Greinke said something before that. See the ESPN video (around 15 seconds in)...

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:9162952

I thought he said "what?" but I am not sure watching it again.
    Last edited by scott91575; 04-12-2013 at 09:17 AM.

When I head the reaction on the radio this morning I thought "what did Quentin do" then I saw the actual video and it looked like a baseball brawl. Quentin did nothing out of the ordinary I don't know why he should be suspended any more than any other player who charges the mound. Greinke thought he was a football player, ducked his shoulder, and broke his collarbone.

The guy who comes off as the real idiot in the whole situation is Kemp. Nothing like a tough guy going nuts while being held back.

I just heard the Donny Baseball interview and he was pretty heated. Seems to believe that CQ shouldn't play until ZG is healed.

I can't say I agree with setting that standard, but Carlos was wrong to charge the mound in that situation.
    Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.

All the dishes rattle in the cupboards when the elephants arrive

What a classless response by Quentin.

This was Frazier's response to being blasted by a 90+ MPH fastball:

That's class.
    I see great things in baseball. It's our game.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    When I head the reaction on the radio this morning I thought "what did Quentin do" then I saw the actual video and it looked like a baseball brawl. Quentin did nothing out of the ordinary I don't know why he should be suspended any more than any other player who charges the mound. Greinke thought he was a football player, ducked his shoulder, and broke his collarbone.

The guy who comes off as the real idiot in the whole situation is Kemp. Nothing like a tough guy going nuts while being held back.
    Well, he did go nuts again later in the parking lot. I guess he was held back again there eventually too. It would be interesting to see that one, but I don't think he was acting tough to just act tough while being held back. I am more than willing to bet he would have been more than happy to go to blows with Quentin. I don't condone it, but I don't think he was acting tough just because he was being held back.

Turn Off Ads?