Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Zack Greinke broke his collarbone

Re: Zack Greineke broke his collarbone

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    If a long time employee announces he will retire from the company in November, but if fired by his boss in June, who ended his career?
    If the employee goes into the bosses office in June and pushes the boss and the boss fires him, who ended the employee's career?

Can we lock the thread now.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    If a long time employee announces he will retire from the company in November, but if fired by his boss in June, who ended his career?
    If the employee decides not to find another job due to his age, the employee did. Plenty of people get fired and it doesn't end their career.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

The Cardinals didn't want LaRue on their roster any longer because he was terrible and it offered them an easy excuse to 60-day DL him, effectively ending his season. If LaRue was good, they wouldn't have done that. Again, it was LaRue's poor skills that ended his career, not getting kicked by Cueto.

Cueto caused him to miss a few games. The Cardinals then decided LaRue was so bad he was no longer worth the trouble. So, if it was a combination of anything that "ended LaRue's career" it was LaRue's lack of skill at the sport of baseball coupled with the Cardinals realizing that he had no game left.

It's pathetic there are Reds fans arguing that Cueto "ended LaRue's career." Way to stick up for one of your own, fellas. Especially when the "Cueto ended LaRue's career" stuff is complete bunk. Not only are you being disloyal, you are being extremely gullible. It's garbage said by Cardinal fans to try and disparage Cueto ... and now some of our own fans are repeating this nonsense. That's wonderful.
    Last edited by Blitz Dorsey; 04-12-2013 at 04:43 PM.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Greinke has hit .0044402 of the batters he has faced.

Quentin he has hit 9.6% of the time.
    Last edited by Dom Heffner; 04-12-2013 at 05:11 PM.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    The Cardinals didn't want LaRue on their roster any longer because he was terrible and it offered them an easy excuse to 60-day DL him, effectively ending his season. If LaRue was good, they wouldn't have done that. Again, it was LaRue's poor skills that ended his career, not getting kicked by Cueto.

Cueto caused him to miss a few games. The Cardinals then decided LaRue was so bad he was no longer worth the trouble. So, if it was a combination of anything that "ended LaRue's career" it was LaRue's lack of skill at the sport of baseball coupled with the Cardinals realizing that he had no game left.

It's pathetic there are Reds fans arguing that Cueto "ended LaRue's career." Way to stick up for one of your own, fellas. Especially when the "Cueto ended LaRue's career" stuff is complete bunk. Not only are you being disloyal, you are being extremely gullible. It's garbage said by Cardinal fans to try and disparage Cueto ... and now some of our own fans are repeating this nonsense. That's wonderful.
    I mostly agree.

But what bothered me the most was the way Larussa played up the poor "Jason Larue's career was ended by Cueto" drama. TLR really used it to try and make the Reds look like bad boys. Between he and Carpenter, the whole thing made me sick. You really could see who the whole crybaby ringleader was when TLR kept playing the career ending Larue drama.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

What came first...the chicken or the egg?

This reminded me a bit of when Reggie Sanders charge Pedro Martinez after getting plunked when Martinez was 5 outs from a perfect game. 1994?

Sometimes it make sense and sometimes it doesn't.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Cj Nitkowski wrote an espn insider article today on this and mentioned the Pedro / G Williams brawl. Good read if you have access.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    I'm with Mattingly. Quentin's suspension should be tied to Greinke's recovery.
    Not specific to this post, but I wonder if there would be as much outrage if Lilly or Capuano were the ones injured.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    This reminded me a bit of when Reggie Sanders charge Pedro Martinez after getting plunked when Martinez was 5 outs from a perfect game. 1994?

Sometimes it make sense and sometimes it doesn't.
    This is an interesting article to read in hindsight
    http://articles.latimes.com/1994-04-...1_perfect-game

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysawarrior View Post
    You are saying he can't prove what would have happened had Cueto not kicked him (by saying he may have played) and at the same time insist that he would have played the rest of the year had he not. You can't have your cake and eat it to. If he can't make a definitive statement regarding what would have happened had the kick not taken place you can't either. I tend to fall on the side that Cueto did not "end his career". But can see the other side from a technicality stand point. Either way I don't really care at this point.
    The Cardinals had 50 games left. He was on their roster. Technically we can't say he would have played ever again no matter what. But that is a pretty far stretch given the amount of games left and his being on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    Not specific to this post, but I wonder if there would be as much outrage if Lilly or Capuano were the ones injured.
    That's what I'm saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    That's what I'm saying.
    Didn't see your earlier post, but yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    Didn't see your earlier post, but yeah.
    That's cool. I said that way early in the thread. Just glad to see someone agreeing with me.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?