Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 200

Thread: Zack Greinke broke his collarbone

  1. #166
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Grantham, PA
    Posts
    285

    Re: Zack Greinke broke his collarbone

    Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    I'm in the minority. I'm on Quentin's side.

    If Greinke doesn't get hurt, this is a typical brawl and it's forgotten by now.

    Simply unfortunate that Greinke got hurt, but it happens.

    Quentin has been hit 3 times by Greinke (I think I read it that correctly?). There's something up with that, IMO.
    First, Quentin has been hit more than anyone in the game. He leans out over the plate and now cries when he gets hit. Somebody was bound to hit him 3 times over how many years.

    Second, Quentin has exposed his lack of any possible manhood by dropping the appeal before tonight's game.

    Finally, in response to "typical baseball brawl" ... it's almost like being hit by a drunk driver. If he would have just been caught driving drunk he would have been given a suspension. But since the stupid actions resulted in a serious injury there is jail time.

    Greinke did nothing illegal ... Quentin did everything illegal and is going to miss only 1/4 of the games of Greinke.

    It would have been a great time for Selig to send a message, but as of yet I have not seen him do anything right in office. Selig sucks.

    Quentin has no sense of shame. Seriously, he can't even stand up Lille a man and face the team whose pitcher he injured. I would have a chant going tonight if I was at Dodger stadium.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #167
    Member tomnuetten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Freiburg (Germany)
    Posts
    1,235

    Re: Zack Greinke broke his collarbone

    Quote Originally Posted by mu4103 View Post
    If he would have just been caught driving drunk he would have been given a suspension. But since the stupid actions resulted in a serious injury there is jail time.

    It would have been a great time for Selig to send a message, but as of yet I have not seen him do anything right in office. Selig sucks.
    I donīt like the idea of a longer suspension if the opponent got hurt (same in hockey)

    for example the reds play st louis and ondrusek hit yadier molina => molina challenged the mound, so now ondrusek plays like he is injured and goes on the dl => molina gets a longer suspension

    molino is more important than ondrusek which would help the reds in the playoff race with st louis...


    quentin doesnīt even threw a punch, I saw worse reactions from players whoīve been lucky that the pitcher didnīt get injured...

  4. #168
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Grantham, PA
    Posts
    285

    Re: Zack Greinke broke his collarbone

    Quote Originally Posted by tomnuetten View Post
    I donīt like the idea of a longer suspension if the opponent got hurt (same in hockey)

    for example the reds play st louis and ondrusek hit yadier molina => molina challenged the mound, so now ondrusek plays like he is injured and goes on the dl => molina gets a longer suspension

    molino is more important than ondrusek which would help the reds in the playoff race with st louis...


    quentin doesnīt even threw a punch, I saw worse reactions from players whoīve been lucky that the pitcher didnīt get injured...
    Let's face it though-fighting is a part of hockey. There is no reason why charging the mound needs to be a part if baseball. I understand players get heated, but that was a direct premeditated charge of the mound. He said he was going to do it. To me that is inexcusable. Combine that with lack of remorse and then dropping your suspension appeal the day before you play a team ... calling Quentin a coward is too kind.

  5. #169
    The Boss dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    35,939

    Re: Zack Greinke broke his collarbone

    There is no reason fighting should be a part of hockey though.

  6. #170
    For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Oakwood, OH
    Posts
    11,771

    Re: Zack Greinke broke his collarbone

    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    There is no reason fighting should be a part of hockey though.
    And along those lines (sorta)... it is OK for a catcher to block home and it is OK to allow a violent collision at the plate. Catchers even get blown up when they are not blocking the plate (Buster Posey, watch the video).
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

  7. #171
    Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    4,716

    Re: Zack Greinke broke his collarbone

    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    There is no reason fighting should be a part of hockey though.
    Fighting is one of the few things I like about hockey. Dudes fist-fighting while on ice skates. What's not to like?!

  8. #172
    They call me "chef"
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    997

    Re: Zack Greinke broke his collarbone

    Was there any follow up during the Padres Dodgers series?
    Cincinnati Reds 2014 W-L Record: 76.6-85.4*

    Cincinnati Reds 2015 W-L Record: TBA

    *UPDATED: 2/11/2014

  9. #173
    For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Oakwood, OH
    Posts
    11,771

    Re: Zack Greinke broke his collarbone

    Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    Fighting is one of the few things I like about hockey. Dudes fist-fighting while on ice skates. What's not to like?!
    What if two fans at an NHL game did the same thing as two players fighting on the ice? Could they possibly be arrested? I find it quite the irony. If you are a paid player, it is legally OK to beat the living crap out of your opponent. If you aren't, then it is not OK to beat the living crap out of someone else.

    With that being said... I own a couple of DVDs called "Best Hockey Fights" or soemthing like that. LOL
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

  10. #174
    Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    4,716

    Re: Zack Greinke broke his collarbone

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    Was there any follow up during the Padres Dodgers series?
    Nah, they've kept it cool. I imagine it would be completely different if Quentin were playing, but with him out, there has been nothing of note.

  11. #175
    Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    4,716

    Re: Zack Greinke broke his collarbone

    Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    What if two fans at an NHL game did the same thing as two players fighting on the ice? Could they possibly be arrested? I find it quite the irony. If you are a paid player, it is legally OK to beat the living crap out of your opponent. If you aren't, then it is not OK to beat the living crap out of someone else.

    With that being said... I own a couple of DVDs called "Best Hockey Fights" or soemthing like that. LOL
    There's nothing ironic about it and yes, those fans would be arrested. Or at least one of them would (whoever was responsible for starting the fight). Or if it was mutual combat, they would both be arrested. You've really never seen this at a sporting event? Fans get arrested all the time for fighting.

    Also, do you find it ironic that at an NFL game players are allowed to tackle each other on the field, but you're not allowed to go up to a fan and tackle him in the stands? Of course not. So, why would you find it ironic that hockey players are allowed to fight each other during games (part of the sport) but fans are prohibited from fisticuffs in the stands?

  12. #176
    Member tomnuetten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Freiburg (Germany)
    Posts
    1,235

    Re: Zack Greinke broke his collarbone

    Quote Originally Posted by mu4103 View Post
    Let's face it though-fighting is a part of hockey. There is no reason why charging the mound needs to be a part if baseball. I understand players get heated, but that was a direct premeditated charge of the mound. He said he was going to do it. To me that is inexcusable. Combine that with lack of remorse and then dropping your suspension appeal the day before you play a team ... calling Quentin a coward is too kind.

    my post was unclear.. I donīt want fighting in baseball at all! It was illegal and he should be suspended, but I donīt like to suspend offenders longer if someone got hurt (for example after a cheap shot ellbow to the head in hockey or a injury after an baseball fight)

    because I could see some faked injuries to role players if a rival star player is involed (a suspension for joey votto would help the cardinals in the playoff race more than a mediocre bullpen guy whoīs on the dl...)


    technically fighting is in hockey illegal too... both players involved get (at least) a 5 min penalty => itīs illegal

    and yes I like fighting in hockey... after they installed the instigator penalty, more and more cheapshots occured because little rats on the ice could cheap shot star players without physical punishment...
    Last edited by tomnuetten; 04-17-2013 at 12:29 PM.

  13. #177
    For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Oakwood, OH
    Posts
    11,771

    Re: Zack Greinke broke his collarbone

    Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    There's nothing ironic about it and yes, those fans would be arrested. Or at least one of them would (whoever was responsible for starting the fight). Or if it was mutual combat, they would both be arrested. You've really never seen this at a sporting event? Fans get arrested all the time for fighting.

    Also, do you find it ironic that at an NFL game players are allowed to tackle each other on the field, but you're not allowed to go up to a fan and tackle him in the stands? Of course not. So, why would you find it ironic that hockey players are allowed to fight each other during games (part of the sport) but fans are prohibited from fisticuffs in the stands?
    Assault vs a football tackle... no comparison IMO. I guess I buy pricey enough tiockets where people act civilized and are not barbaric lol.
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

  14. #178
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    721

    Re: Zack Greinke broke his collarbone

    Jeez, dudes fight, some folks need to get off their high horse. It is part of baseball history and one that the MLB isn't really looking to get rid of IMO. Obviously the NHL isn't either. What's the big deal anyway? Why are so many people so bent out of shape about this particular incident?

    On another point, the rule on running over a catcher needn't be changed either. If you're afraid of the chance of getting blown up, learn to play the outfield. The sissification of sports is toxic these days.

    Now "Get off my lawn!!!!!" *rant over. lot's of coffee this morning*
    Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.

    All the dishes rattle in the cupboards when the elephants arrive

  15. Likes:

    Tommyjohn25 (04-17-2013), westofyou (04-17-2013)

  16. #179
    Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    4,716

    Re: Zack Greinke broke his collarbone

    Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    Assault vs a football tackle... no comparison IMO. I guess I buy pricey enough tiockets where people act civilized and are not barbaric lol.
    You buy pricey enough tickets!? Haha. Nice try. You're now 0-for-2 in posts in this thread. Want to try for 0-for-3? Your last one about how it's "ironic" that hockey players can get in a fight on the ice and it's not a crime, but fans can't get in a fight in the stands without getting arrested was classic. You should take your act on the road. Comedic gold.

    Keep buying those pricy tix, high roller! (Note: Usually people who talk about how much $ they make on a message board aren't very well off. I hope that's not the case for you.)

  17. #180
    For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Oakwood, OH
    Posts
    11,771

    Re: Zack Greinke broke his collarbone

    Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    You buy pricey enough tickets!? Haha. Nice try. You're now 0-for-2 in posts in this thread. Want to try for 0-for-3? Your last one about how it's "ironic" that hockey players can get in a fight on the ice and it's not a crime, but fans can't get in a fight in the stands without getting arrested was classic. You should take your act on the road. Comedic gold.

    Keep buying those pricy tix, high roller! (Note: Usually people who talk about how much $ they make on a message board aren't very well off. I hope that's not the case for you.)
    I thought the lol was good enuff. But I will not stoop to the level you want to take this. Stay classy, friend, and try to come across as semi-intelligent and not a hockey goon!
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25