Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Zack Greinke broke his collarbone

Re: Zack Greinke broke his collarbone

I'm a giant hippocrite when it comes to hockey fights.

I'm totally against baseball fights. They are stupid and really serve no meaning. I hate "purpose pitches", I hate beaning a guy on purpose. I hate trying to hurt someone on purpose.

On the other hand, hockey fights make sense to me.

It's different.

When you have really big dudes skating really really fast and they check someone into a board, someone is going to get hurt. To keep the really big dudes from hurting your stars, you have to keep them from running into them.

You do that by running into the other guys. They hit so hard that tempers flair and you get fights.

Hockey is the contact team sport of all contact team sports.

And I know I'm a hippo-crite.

2. Turn Off Ads?

By the by, another difference is that players do get charged with assult for really bad things in hockey.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    By the by, another difference is that players do get charged with assult for really bad things in hockey.
    Yes, when a hockey player uses his stick to smack someone in the head and almost kill them, then they MIGHT be charged with assault. But those situations are extremely rare and basically a weapon is being used. There was also the Todd Bertuzzi situation where he was charged for assault for hitting Steve Moore on the side of the head from behind (someone who was skating away from him) and then jumping on his back and driving his head in the ice ... almost killing him (and ending his career). But other than Bertuzzi, I can't think of anyone getting in legal trouble due to on-ice fighting (and his fight was not a "fight" ... it was a vicious sucker punch).

Anyway, I know what you're saying, I just didn't want non-hockey fans to have the idea that guys are getting in trouble legally for getting in hockey fights. About 0.0001 percent of hockey fights end in any type of assault charges/legal issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I'm a giant hippocrite when it comes to hockey fights.
    So, just wondering.,... are there small hippo-crites?

She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

1) Quentin leans into pitches all the time. He leaned into the Greinke pitch.

2) As a hockey fan, I get why the sport has fights, but college and international hockey do just fine without them. Yet I love watching Brandon Prust beat the stuffing out of Zac Rinaldo. Really anyone beating the stuffing out of Zac Rinaldo is a good thing, and plenty do, but Prust does it every time they play just to make sure the world remains an orderly place.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

7. Likes:

Raisor (04-19-2013),TSJ55 (04-19-2013)

Turn Off Ads?