Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: State of the team next year?

Re: State of the team next year?

That $79 million is just for the 11 guys who are signed for next year. It doesn't include the arbitration guys. Barring a major trade, you'd have to think Bailey, Leake and Hanigan will be back and with the two pitchers due for slight raises in arbitration I think it is safe to think those three will combine for around $12 million. So now you're up to 14 guys and 91 million. Even if you fill the majority of the other spots with minimum salary guys, you're still looking at only having $10 million or so left to improve the club and stay around 2013 levels.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I think there are some interesting names in Free Agency next year (whether or not we sign Choo). I think that our outfield is the only place that really needs work, and I also think that Hamilton will not be ready for next year.

Jacoby Ellsbury
    Shin-Soo Choo
    Hunter Pence
    Curtis Granderson
    Chris Young
    Corey Hart
    Jason Bay
    Mike Morse

The bolded and underlined are who I really hope the Reds try to contact...and maybe even sign two of the above.
    I see great things in baseball. It's our game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamz View Post
    I think there are some interesting names in Free Agency next year (whether or not we sign Choo). I think that our outfield is the only place that really needs work, and I also think that Hamilton will not be ready for next year.

Jacoby Ellsbury
    Shin-Soo Choo
    Hunter Pence
    Curtis Granderson
    Chris Young
    Corey Hart
    Jason Bay
    Mike Morse

The bolded and underlined are who I really hope the Reds try to contact...and maybe even sign two of the above.
    Reds have brought in zero free agents from other teams on Multi year deals for more than a million per season since 2009. Not their way of doing things. That would leave this list to Choo and maybe Bay as possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by RadfordVA View Post
    Reds have brought in zero free agents from other teams on Multi year deals for more than a million per season since 2009. Not their way of doing things. That would leave this list to Choo and maybe Bay as possibilities.
    It's only been 3 years since 2009. It's not like those opportunities come up every day and you always have more than one team in on those kinds of things. It would be foolish not to at least contact players of that caliber if you have the money available to try and sign them.
    I see great things in baseball. It's our game.

Turn Off Ads?