Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Tony Cingrani leads the BA Hot Sheet

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Tony Cingrani leads the BA Hot Sheet

http://www.baseballamerica.com/minor...april-12-list/

Why He’s Here: 1-0, 0.00, 12 1/3 IP, 2 GS, 3 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 21 SO
    A lot more at the link.

I know, we are all shocked that he is at the top of the list.... right?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Tony Cingrani leads the BA Hot Sheet

Ok, didn't really want to start a new thread for this (as I don't think there is one out there already, but there might be) but does anyone want to take a guess at the over/under as to when Cingrani will hit the big leagues this year?

I am saying by May 30th.

I will take the over on your date. Though I wouldn't be surprised if it were slightly sooner, but I expect it to be a little later.

Cingrani has improved his slider a bit this year
    I'm just joking around guys. Please do not be offended anyone, that was just a classic RZ debate. It's why I love this place.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Cingrani will be up as soon as a member of the Reds starting rotation goes on the DL or at the end of Louisville's season, whichever comes first. It could be next week, or it could be September, it all depends on the health of the major league rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    I'm just joking around guys. Please do not be offended anyone, that was just a classic RZ debate. It's why I love this place.
    I knew someone would bring it up. So I went out to the writer of the article, JJ Cooper, and we had this conversation via twitter:

Me to JJ: Saw two different "sliders last year". Both had downward action, the loopy and harder ones, but both were 77-82. No sweep. Cingrani's breaking ball this year. 71-76 this year, sweeps across the zone as well. Didn't see that last year. Did you?

JJ to Me: Was talking about that in office. Reds official told me yesterday they/Cingrani think it's same slider to me it looks like cb. adds to what several scouts have said to me/others in office that it's often best to just call it a breaking ball.

Surprised no mention of Robert Stephenson in the team photo.

Interesting that Daniel Norris, a guy I was admittedly high on in the '11 draft, gets mention in the "Not-So-Hot" category.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve4192 View Post
    Cingrani will be up as soon as a member of the Reds starting rotation goes on the DL or at the end of Louisville's season, whichever comes first. It could be next week, or it could be September, it all depends on the health of the major league rotation.
    Agreed, and this is as it should be.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Surprised no mention of Robert Stephenson in the team photo.

Interesting that Daniel Norris, a guy I was admittedly high on in the '11 draft, gets mention in the "Not-So-Hot" category.
    Have to figure that Stephenson's ERA didn't work for it. While he certainly pitched better than his ERA suggests, it is still there. And at this point in the season, a lot of guys have had "better" two starts or 8 games.

Cingrani has improved his slider a bit this year, and more and more it’s looking like he could be a big league starter, although his fallback position as a power reliever is an even safer bet.
    Reliever? RELIEVER?? Amazing. What are they thinking? Don't they realize he has TOR potential? The only reason the Reds haven't traded him for Stanton is cuz they know they'd be overpaying for an outfielder.

Turn Off Ads?