Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2014-15 NHL Season

2014-15 NHL Season

From Rotoworld...

The Chicago Blackhawks will reportedly play against the host Washington Capitals in the 2015 Winter Classic. If that's true, then this will be Chicago's third outdoor game and the second time they've participated in the Winter Classic. It will, however, be the first time that they've been the visiting team in an outdoor contest.

Source: Bob McKenzie on Twitter
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2014-15 NHL Season

2014 NHL Entry Draft takes place June 27-28...

Here are some prospect lists:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospectbrowse.htm

Mock drafts...

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=723186

From Rotoworld w/ Rotoworld comments:

Joshua Ho-Sang is the draft wild card as some teams could have him in the top 10 while others may not want to take him until the second round.

The Toronto native was selected fourth overall at the 2013 OHL draft and exploded this season with 32 goals and 85 points, finishing 18th in OHL scoring. But he has had an attitude problem at times and that could hurt his draft status. "I don't think it's from unfair labels, it's from stuff that I've done," Ho-Sang said of the criticism aimed his way. "I'm accepting of everything that I've done. I've made mistakes. I've been late to stuff. I've just not done certain things the proper way. That's just all part of maturity, so if that's going to hurt me in the draft, that's something that I'm accepting of, because that's all me. It's something that's a part of growing up. You have to live with the decisions that you have made and you have to kind of deal with the consequences, whatever those may be. I'm prepared for them." Ho-Sang's skill set could still get him drafted in the first round.

Source: Windsor Star
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 06-23-2014 at 04:05 PM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

The 2014-15 schedule (released Sunday)...

http://www.nhl.com/ice/schedulebysea...ate=06/22/2014

Where do you see the big name free agents going? There is a report that the Blues have offered Stastny a contract.
    “Our next home stand follows this road trip.”

“I just want to tell everyone Happy Easter and Happy Hanukkah.” says on the day before Easter

Mike Shannon

I'm definitely not tuned in, but here's some of the latest info...

Patrick Sharp's agent, Rick Curran, has received multiple assurances from Chicago GM Stan Bowman that his client won't be traded.

"There's no truth to any rumor that Patrick Sharp is available to trade," Curran said. "He absolutely is not available. I had a meeting with Stan Bowman a week ago to ask him what was going to happen. He said, 'I don't know what's going to happen, but I can tell you that Patrick Sharp is not available right now.' When the Sportsnet guy, Nick Kypreos, erroneously made a statement and everyone went crazy, I called Stan again. I asked, 'Has anything changed?' He said, 'absolutely not.' He's full of [expletive]." The Blackhawks have been linked to Ryan Kesler and Jason Spezza in trade rumors and Sharp's name surfaced as a trade candidate, but those reports appear to be false.

Source: Chicago Sun-Times

The Jason Spezza hunt reportedly has five interested teams.

It's believed that St. Louis, Anaheim, Phoenix, Nashville and Florida have contacted the Senators with offers for the club's captain. The Predators were reportedly on his list of teams he wouldn't accept a trade to, though. Ottawa's scouts are prepared if Ottawa lands a first-round pick in the 2104 NHL Entry Draft in a trade for Spezza. The Senators would've had the 10th overall pick, but it was dealt to Anaheim in the Bobby Ryan trade.

Source: Ottawa Sun

The St. Louis Blues are among the teams looking into signing Paul Stastny.

Stastny won't be an unrestricted free agent until July 1, but thanks to the new CBA, teams can already talk to him. The Blues have also been tied to the Jason Spezza trade rumor mill and they might feel like getting Stastny would be the better option given that they wouldn't have to sacrifice any prospect. Stastny is testing the market, but still regards the Colorado Avalanche as his first choice.

Source: ESPN.com

Matt Niskanen will test the free agent market on July 1.

His agent, Neil Sheehy made the announcement on Twitter after his client spoke with the Pittsburgh Penguins about the decision. GM Jim Rutherford expected this to happen, so it shouldn't have come as much of a surprise. Niskanen will be the best blueliner available on the open market, so he should be able to land a hefty contract.

Source: Neil Sheehy on Twitter

The Winnipeg Jets and Chicago Blackhawks have reportedly entered into the Paul Stastny sweepstakes.

Stastny has been a popular player during the window shopping period prior to the start of the free agency, but a lot of teams may not be able to meet his price point. Stastny's camp is reportedly informing interested parties that he doesn't want to make less than the $6.66 million a year he earned in his last five seasons with Colorado.

Source: ESPN.com
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 06-26-2014 at 10:20 PM.

I'm hoping the Rangers do a stealth trade with Nash. Vancouver and Toronto would be the two most likely destinations. I'm secretly hoping for Anaheim though. He could for a Legion of Doom line with Getzlaf and Perry. The Ducks also have the cap space and some young talent to deal.

Someone's going to trade for Sam Gagner in the next few days and he's going to be a steal. Could go for as little as a 2nd round pick (Edmonton kept asking too much for him and now he's about to have a NTC kick in). David Perron probably can be had as well.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I'm hoping the Rangers do a stealth trade with Nash. Vancouver and Toronto would be the two most likely destinations. I'm secretly hoping for Anaheim though. He could for a Legion of Doom line with Getzlaf and Perry. The Ducks also have the cap space and some young talent to deal.

Someone's going to trade for Sam Gagner in the next few days and he's going to be a steal. Could go for as little as a 2nd round pick (Edmonton kept asking too much for him and now he's about to have a NTC kick in). David Perron probably can be had as well.
    Ducks acquire Kesler

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Ducks acquire Kesler
    And James Neal to the Preds (for Patric Hornqvist and Nick Spaling, which might turn out to be a steal for the Pens). In another deal, the Blues got Carl Gunnarsson from the Leafs for Roman Polak. Got a feeling Gunnarsson is going to shine in St. Louis.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

Gunnarsson is a steal for St Louis.

Stasny has rumors all over the place. I've heard Chicago is trying to clear cap space for him and he's interested. Bickell and Sharp are among the rumored to be moving, though not sure how likely either are.

Spezza rejected a deal to the Predators. Ha!

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 1m
    Oilers trade Sam Gagner to Tampa Bay for Teddy Purcell.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Gunnarsson is a steal for St Louis.

Stasny has rumors all over the place. I've heard Chicago is trying to clear cap space for him and he's interested. Bickell and Sharp are among the rumored to be moving, though not sure how likely either are.

Spezza rejected a deal to the Predators. Ha!

The door may not be completely closed on Jason Spezza and the Nashville Predators.

"Nashville was on Jason's list that we put together a while ago and without the benefit of a crystal ball, I can't say (if that will change)," agent Rick Curran said. "Call me in three or four days and we might have a better answer." The Predators and Senators had something worked out at the draft, but a deal was vetoed by Spezza's camp because Nashville is on the center's no-trade list. St. Louis and Chicago are still in the hunt, along with Dallas, and whichever team misses out on a middleman like Paul Stastny in free agency could go after Spezza once the dust settles on the "frenzy."

Source: Ottawa Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 1m
    Oilers trade Sam Gagner to Tampa Bay for Teddy Purcell.

Teddy Purcell was caught off-guard by his trade to Edmonton on Sunday.

Purcell seemed to be established in Tampa Bay but obviously that was not the case. "It's a bit of a shock and the phone is blowing up, but other than that it's all good," Purcell said. "Steve (Yzerman) left me a voice mail to call him so I figured something was up. Any time you don't see something coming it's obviously a bit of a shock. Once it digests and sets in, I think it's going to be a good opportunity for me to play some good minutes with a lot of good young guys, so it's going to be exciting. I think it’s going to be exciting to play in a hockey crazy market and get a taste of what it’s like up there. I think it was good for me to start in places LA and Tampa Bay where the media wasn't so big and the (hockey) markets weren't so big. It allowed me to find my way and become an established player. Now I guess I’m going to see what I’m made of, if I can handle it all. It’s a true test of what kind of character you have."

Source: Edmonton Sun

Gagner didn't even call a Real Estate agent in Tampa before he was shipped on to Phoenix and those terrible Coyotes.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

After a long set of negotiations, the Avalanche and Paul Stastny were unable to reach an agreement on a new contract.

It's been expected all along that Stastny wanted to test the waters as a free agent on July 1st, but the Avs reportedly tried hard to convince him to stay. As one of the top available players on the open market, expect the suitors to be lined up on Tuesday.

Source: Renaud Lavoie on Twitter

Turn Off Ads?