Turn Off Ads?
Page 44 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Re: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Looks like UK is playing Texas next season at Rupp in the SEC Big 12 challenge.

Also playing Providence and UNC at Rupp, UCLA in Chicago and Kansas in the Champions Classic. Plus Louisville in Louisville. Not a bad non conference schedule.
    Not too shabby at all.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Just read where UK is looking into WVU transfer Eron Harris.

Assuming we even have room, I'd welcome it. He's a knock down three point shooter which this team needs.
    Isn't this the kid that wanted to be close to home? Now I see his father is saying that locale is not the issue, his son is looking for a good program fit. After averaging over 17 ppg, I am curious to exactly what he is looking for.

IF they play like they did in the tournament, I don't think it will be an issue. Kinda reminds me of the 2012 team which had Lamb and Jones coming back.
    I still think there are some people (not meaning you, WVR) who underestimate just how talented that 2012 team was. That team had four players -- Davis, MKG, Jones and Lamb -- who were better than any player on the current roster. The '14/'15 team will obviously be deep and talented but, until I see otherwise, they don't yet have the kind of player those four were.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    I still think there are some people (not meaning you, WVR) who underestimate just how talented that 2012 team was. That team had four players -- Davis, MKG, Jones and Lamb -- who were better than any player on the current roster. The '14/'15 team will obviously be deep and talented but, until I see otherwise, they don't yet have the kind of player those four were.
    Davis and MKG were special talents. Jones and Lamb I think people forget that it took them a year and a half before they completely bought in.

The only other player in the MKG and Davis mold has been Randle. This year's team has more seasoned players than any team Cal has had here.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Isn't this the kid that wanted to be close to home? Now I see his father is saying that locale is not the issue, his son is looking for a good program fit. After averaging over 17 ppg, I am curious to exactly what he is looking for.
    Being from WV I can shed some light.

To be honest I would be surprised if Harris ends up at Kentucky. It's not to say Kentucky couldn't use him as the 2015 class is loaded with bigs but weak on guards, but the reason Harris is looking to leave Morgantown is because he isn't getting the spotlight anymore. Once Juwan Staten started getting all of the attention, Harris hasn't been the same since.

WVU is in a state of flux right now. In addition to Harris, two other players are looking into leaving. They had numerous transfers last season as well, including Aaric Murray and Jabarie Hinds (who ironically was recruited over Ryan Boatright). I've said to WVU fans that if it were any other coach than Huggins they would have been fired already with all the defections.

I look for Eron Harris to end up at Michigan. His style fits Beileins system and he would get to be "man", something that wouldn't happen in Lexington.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Sounds like a pretty selfish player to me?

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Sounds like a pretty selfish player to me?
    This is pretty much what I've gotten from WVU fans, aka the jilted lover. I think it has more to do with a coach coming unhinged and running players off left and right. They had the talent to take a big step forward in the Big 12 this upcoming season but that has since derailed.

They've had 12 out of 16 players in the past three years either transfer or never play a game. Something is definitely wrong there.
    Last edited by WVRed; 05-12-2014 at 10:39 AM.

This is pretty much what I've gotten from WVU fans, aka the jilted lover. I think it has more to do with a coach coming unhinged and running players off left and right. They had the talent to take a big step forward in the Big 12 this upcoming season but that has since derailed.

They've had 12 out of 16 players in the past three years either transfer or never play a game. Something is definitely wrong there.
    I would think Huggins style of coaching isn't very good for 21st century players.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    I would think Huggins style of coaching isn't very good for 21st century players.
    Maybe inner city kids such as Cincinnati. They were called Huggs Thuggs for a reason. :-) Huggins made his career off of hard luck kids and it's completely different in West Virginia.

Well, I think UK should shy away from the kid. They don't need nothing to screw up what they got going right now.

SEC is making some interesting decisions today.

The schedule has changed to allow for three rivalry games instead of one, meaning UK will likely have home and home games with Florida, Tennessee, and another school. I'm guessing Vanderbilt, but I'd actually like to see Arkansas.

SEC is making some interesting decisions today.

The schedule has changed to allow for three rivalry games instead of one, meaning UK will likely have home and home games with Florida, Tennessee, and another school. I'm guessing Vanderbilt, but I'd actually like to see Arkansas.
    That would be better. Wierd not playing Tennessee twice last season. Although it probably kept a loss off UK's record by not going to Knoxville.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Rupp Project has been suspended.

Sad that it fell apart. Rupp needs some renovating or even a new arena built if UK wants to sustain long term success. History and tradition only mean so much but if you aren't constantly making upgrades you end up like UCLA.

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Rupp Project has been suspended.

Sad that it fell apart. Rupp needs some renovating or even a new arena built if UK wants to sustain long term success. History and tradition only mean so much but if you aren't constantly making upgrades you end up like UCLA.
    There's a big correlation between current powerhouse programs and top coaches, but there isn't much correlation between current powerhouse programs and new, state-of-the-art arenas. As long as UK keeps its everyday on-campus facilities top notch, I don't think there's much to worry about.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

The project,IIRC,was gong to be well over $300 million. Just too much money when other things need attending to throughout the state. I don't blame them a bit for stopping it. Rupp still seems very good and I believe they just had some big renovation work done on it not very long ago.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Turn Off Ads?