Turn Off Ads?
Page 42 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

Re: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Allegedly, Cuonzo has been getting undercut by some of UT's big money boosters. Probably not a great situation to move into.
    I had seen that as well. Fans trying to get him fired to get Pearl back probably didn't go too well either.

I'd actually like to see Tennessee swing for the fences and hire Josh Pastner. Whoever gets the job needs to lockdown the state for the Vols and Pastner is the main competition for talent within the state. It would lock up the Memphis pipeline for Tennessee and cripple a rival in the process.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Cuonzo won more NCAA games this year than Pastner has won in 5 years at Memphis.

http://www.rantsports.com/ncaa-baske...pyl1jYGFMlX.99
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Cuonzo won more NCAA games this year than Pastner has won in 5 years at Memphis.

http://www.rantsports.com/ncaa-baske...pyl1jYGFMlX.99
    True, but Tennessee has the talent level to be competitive. Pastner has been able to keep that talent in Memphis and while they have underachieved, whoever ultimately gets the Tennessee job will have to lock the state down.

I actually read an article that suggested Gregg Marshall for the job. I think he could do better.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I look for the Twins to come back. They aren't getting a favorable draft spot and would benefit the most from a second season.

I think Dakari goes and Poythress 50/50. Both are in a position to where another season would help but with the incoming talent will be pressed for playing time.

Richard Pitino a candidate for Tennessee.

Please. Make. This. Happen.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I had seen that as well. Fans trying to get him fired to get Pearl back probably didn't go too well either.

I'd actually like to see Tennessee swing for the fences and hire Josh Pastner. Whoever gets the job needs to lockdown the state for the Vols and Pastner is the main competition for talent within the state. It would lock up the Memphis pipeline for Tennessee and cripple a rival in the process.
    I would like to see the Vols go after Tom Crean......it seems he is the perfect fit. He likes tanning beds just like Pearl.

8. Likes:

Hoosier Red (04-21-2014)

Julius Randle to hold press conference tomorrow to declare for the draft.

In other news, the sky is blue and grass is green.

10. Likes:

Joseph (04-21-2014)

Tennessee hires Donnie Tyndall, just hours after being turned down by Mike White.

Edit : This could have implications toward Kentucky, as Kenny Payne is from Mississippi and was a candidate for the USM job when it went to Tyndall the last time.
    Last edited by WVRed; 04-22-2014 at 12:12 PM.

Poythress to return. No word on Dakari or the Twins

13. Likes:

Joseph (04-23-2014)

Dakari is reportedly coming back, and the twins have made a decision. Early reports are they are also coming back.

Stacked.

40-0?

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Dakari officially announces he is coming back. Just need the Twins to join the party and next season may be pretty special. Regardless that is going to be a huge team next year.

Dakari at 6-10
    WCS 7-1
    Lyles 6-10
    Townes 7-0
    Poythress 6-9
    Lee 6-9

That could wear out just about anyone if used correctly.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Dakari officially announces he is coming back. Just need the Twins to join the party and next season may be pretty special. Regardless that is going to be a huge team next year.

Dakari at 6-10
    WCS 7-1
    Lyles 6-10
    Townes 7-0
    Poythress 6-9
    Lee 6-9

That could wear out just about anyone if used correctly.
    If the Twins come back IMO this team will be more loaded top to bottom than the 96 team. The 2012 team was more talented, but this team could eclipse both in terms of talent and experience.

Would also be a first in that Cal wouldn't likely be starting a single freshman. I don't think 40-0 is going to happen with ANY team in college basketball, but they should be number one to start the season, and unlike this years team, I think they will stay pretty high in the rankings.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Respectfully disagree. The 96 team is still the deepest and most talented team in UK history, arguably NCAA history. The 12 team had the best player of any of them in Davis, but still not the best team. The guard play between 96 and 15 would be a monumental, epic mismatch.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    If the Twins come back IMO this team will be more loaded top to bottom than the 96 team. The 2012 team was more talented, but this team could eclipse both in terms of talent and experience.

Would also be a first in that Cal wouldn't likely be starting a single freshman. I don't think 40-0 is going to happen with ANY team in college basketball, but they should be number one to start the season, and unlike this years team, I think they will stay pretty high in the rankings.
    The 2 and 3 spots were a lot better on the 96 team. This upcoming team won't have very good 3 point shooting. If Aaron Harrison is back they are going to depend on him quite a bit for the threes. If he doesn't comeback I don't know where they get it from? But still this team should be loaded and they will have very good experience which is rare for a Cal coached team.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    The 2 and 3 spots were a lot better on the 96 team. This upcoming team won't have very good 3 point shooting. If Aaron Harrison is back they are going to depend on him quite a bit for the threes. If he doesn't comeback I don't know where they get it from? But still this team should be loaded and they will have very good experience which is rare for a Cal coached team.
    Devin Booker and Karl Towns are both three point shooters. I'd love to see Towns used similar to Kevin Durant.

I think Poythress is somebody to watch. He needs to work on his perimeter game for the next level and could be like Patterson when he came back.

Turn Off Ads?