6 22.22%
  • NCAA Tournament National Championship

1 3.70%
  • Call this team the Undefeatables

13 48.15%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When will Kentucky lose?

When will Kentucky lose?

I know there is a separate thread for UK basketball, but this would be fun to gauge predictions:
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Re: When will Kentucky lose?

Where is the "two years from now" choice? LOL

For the record, I'm going with the Elite Eight for these reasons:

1. I don't think Kentucky will be able to sustain their overall success. The season so far is a remarkable accomplishment and one I will be able to tell my son about, but the wear and tear of the season and the expectations are going to continue to rise.

2. I'm expecting the worst draw possible, similar to the murderer's row Wichita State got last year. Plus that it's Kentucky (insert conspiracy theory) and the ratings will be through the roof will lead the committee to put matchup nightmares in Kentucky's bracket. My guess is:

1.Kentucky
    2.Wisconsin
    3.Kansas
    4.Notre Dame
    5.West Virginia
    8.Ohio State
    9.Xavier

3. Wisconsin poses a serious threat. Yes Kentucky only lost Randle and Young from last years team while adding Towns, Lyles, Booker, and essentially WCS (who was out for the last matchup), but the Georgia game exposed a weakness that a team like Wisconsin, which having a player like Frank Kaminsky can take advantage of. Georgia pulled UK's centers away from the post on offense leading to a lot of backdoor cuts and while UK did come back to win, a team that can execute better would have the chance.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Where is the "two years from now" choice? LOL
    If UK does run the table, things could play out very interesting:

1. Say bye bye to Towns, WCS, Booker, Dakari, Lyles, and possibly the Harrison's.

2. At that point, you have to wonder if Cal would give the NBA a shot again. He would be going out on top at Kentucky and likely nothing left to accomplish at the collegiate level. He did fail at the NBA level before, but at that point didn't coach the Dribble Drive and now would have former players he could assemble a team with.

Right now WV, I see Wisconsin as the biggest possible "match-up" problem. I wouldn't have said that in years past, but this year the Badgers can flat out score.

Probably in November 2015. They play Duke in the Champions Classic and may have a lot trouble winning that one if most of these guys go pro like I expect.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    2. I'm expecting the worst draw possible, similar to the murderer's row Wichita State got last year. Plus that it's Kentucky (insert conspiracy theory) and the ratings will be through the roof will lead the committee to put matchup nightmares in Kentucky's bracket.
    Kentucky has been ratings gold for CBB this year. If there were to be a conspiracy (there won't be), I would expect it to be in Kentucky's favor in order to get the 'Cats to the Final Four.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Right now WV, I see Wisconsin as the biggest possible "match-up" problem. I wouldn't have said that in years past, but this year the Badgers can flat out score.
    Ohio State is another. If there is one player who could go Dwayne Wade and carry a team on his back, it's D'Angelo Russell. Plus the game would be in his hometown if that draw happened.

Ohio State is another. If there is one player who could go Dwayne Wade and carry a team on his back, it's D'Angelo Russell. Plus the game would be in his hometown if that draw happened.
    Unless Ohio State gets to bring back Evan Turner and Mike Conley, Kentucky wins that game by about 20.

Private poll? Fail.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Private poll? Fail.
    I meant to do public but I messed it up. I did post my prediction though.

I don't know about that. No offense to Russell he is an exceptional player but I think the 'Cats would big them to death. Now I don't know where Purdue is gonna land. They have been under the radar. But they have been playing quite well. They got 2 7'ers and when Hammons has his head in the game and their guards are hitting 3's they look really formidable for a match-up problem for UK.
    Last edited by Assembly Hall; 03-05-2015 at 09:09 PM.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

As much as I hate to say it, some time next season.

15. Likes:

Assembly Hall (03-05-2015)

When Lincoln County makes selling alcohol legal.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Get the feeling everyone is playing for 2nd this year. I'm not sure if this Kentucky team is historically great, or if they just look that way because most of college basketball is borderline unwatchable, but it's prolly a combination of the two.

Either way, defensively they're ridiculous, and offensively you'd need like 8 of their players to have a bad game on the same day. If they play well they'll win all their tournament games by 15+. I don't think whoever the 2nd best team is even close.

Turn Off Ads?