Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 68 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

Another 1000 post thread in the books... #8 saw us bring home #8, let's hope #9 is similarly successful.

Drive For Nine begins now...

Will the 2014 team have even more pressure on their shoulders than the 78 and 96 teams?

I'm sort of hoping UK isn't pre-season #1, but I'm afraid that's a foregone conclusion at this point.

Re: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

Noel to NBA. Good luck to him, hope his rehab goes great.

RE: Preseason #1

I want to be #2. We were #2 in 2012, UofL was in 2013.

It's completely irrational and irrelevant yet I'm superstitious.

4. Likes:

TeamSelig (04-17-2013),WMR (04-15-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by LexRedsFan View Post
    RE: Preseason #1

I want to be #2. We were #2 in 2012, UofL was in 2013.

It's completely irrational and irrelevant yet I'm superstitious.
    It's been thrown out there that they could possibly be the greatest college team of all time. 40-0 has been talked about. And you guys are worried that pre-season #1 will get to their heads?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

6. Likes:

WMR (04-15-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    It's been thrown out there that they could possibly be the greatest college team of all time. 40-0 has been talked about. And you guys are worried that pre-season #1 will get to their heads?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm not worried that it'll get to their heads. I even said it's illogical and doesn't make sense. Just because.

8. Likes:

WMR (04-15-2013)

Diggin' the thread title.

10. Likes:

jmac (04-17-2013),WMR (04-15-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Another 1000 post thread in the books... #8 saw us bring home #8, let's hope #9 is similarly successful.
    Is UK basketball the second most discussed sports team in the history of RedsZone? Nothing else seems to be even a close runner-up.

12. Likes:

WMR (04-15-2013)

part of BBN

Keeping up with the recruits, got this news report today :

The Nike Hoop Summit isn’t until Saturday, but Karl Towns is already turning heads in Portland, Oregon.

The 2014 UK commit is playing for the World Team, and during warm-ups today, hit 17 of 24 threes from behind the NBA three-point line. He also measured 7’0″ tall with a ridiculous 7’3.5″ inch wingspan.
    Oh yeah, he’ll be playing alongside Andrew Wiggins all week, who is also his roommate. Can’t hurt.

14. Likes:

TeamSelig (04-17-2013),WMR (04-15-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    Is UK basketball the second most discussed sports team in the history of RedsZone? Nothing else seems to be even a close runner-up.
    Probably. Either UK or Bengals, pretty sure UK has more views and posts per year, however.
    Last edited by WMR; 04-15-2013 at 11:52 PM.

as a Dayton grad/fan, stating my desire for my flyers to "not" be preseason #1 is a problem I'm never going to face. Nice problem to have though, it continues to amaze me the level of recruiting that Cal is pulling off.

17. Likes:

WMR (04-16-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    as a Dayton grad/fan, stating my desire for my flyers to "not" be preseason #1 is a problem I'm never going to face. Nice problem to have though, it continues to amaze me the level of recruiting that Cal is pulling off.
    Though I come from a family of KY natives and UK fans/alum, the Dayton Flyers gave me some of my earliest basketball memories. After my dad's military service ended, he took a job at Frigidaire in Dayton, OH, in 1966. My first TV games were Flyer games with Don May starring. My first college basketball game in person was at UD Arena during the Donald Smith years. To this day I'll never forget walking through the doors and looking down into that giant arena.

It was around that time we moved back to our family origins in Lexington, but I'll always have a secondary love for the Dayton Flyers. I still root for them unless they're playing UK. They've only played each other once in my adult years. They played in Cincinnati in 1999, with UD winning 68-66. Grrr

19. Likes:

WMR (04-17-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    Though I come from a family of KY natives and UK fans/alum, the Dayton Flyers gave me some of my earliest basketball memories. After my dad's military service ended, he took a job at Frigidaire in Dayton, OH, in 1966. My first TV games were Flyer games with Don May starring. My first college basketball game in person was at UD Arena during the Donald Smith years. To this day I'll never forget walking through the doors and looking down into that giant arena.

It was around that time we moved back to our family origins in Lexington, but I'll always have a secondary love for the Dayton Flyers. I still root for them unless they're playing UK. They've only played each other once in my adult years. They played in Cincinnati in 1999, with UD winning 68-66. Grrr
    Brooks Hall over Tyshon Prince from the corner in US Barn arena to send the flyers home a winner, just in case the national titles have washed your memory of the game

Good story; my father was at UD in the late 60s/early 70s and I've heard more stories of Don May than I can remember. There are rumors that UD has plans to build a new arena, about 18,000 in capacity on the fairground site if/when the Big East comes calling for them to join. It probably would pehoove my flyers to start finishing higher than mid-level in the A10 on a regular basis if they want to realize that dream.

At any rate, back to your regularly scheduled UK discussion, pardon my interuption.

21. Likes:

WMR (04-17-2013)

part of BBN

I have wondered how they would do the Twins jersey's this season with same last name and same first letter in first name.
    Tonight's all-star game probably told the story.
    Aa Harrison and An Harrision

BTW...I recently told a friend it would be cool to have their "first names" only on their respective jerseys : Andrew & Aaron.

23. Likes:

WMR (04-20-2013)

In news across the state, Russdiculous is coming back for Louisville next season, which should make Louisville a top 3 team losing only Dieng and Siva.

December 28th is going to be nuts. Cal vs Pitino, basically the same Louisville team as last season going up against the best recruiting class in history, all in Rupp Arena. And this is even if Wiggins doesn't commit.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Any updates/insight/rumors on Wiggins?

Turn Off Ads?