Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 45 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 674

Thread: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

  1. #1
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,957

    UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

    Another 1000 post thread in the books... #8 saw us bring home #8, let's hope #9 is similarly successful.

    Drive For Nine begins now...

    Will the 2014 team have even more pressure on their shoulders than the 78 and 96 teams?

    I'm sort of hoping UK isn't pre-season #1, but I'm afraid that's a foregone conclusion at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,957

    Re: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

    Noel to NBA. Good luck to him, hope his rehab goes great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  4. #3
    Moderator LexRedsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Greenville, South Carolina
    Posts
    558

    Re: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

    RE: Preseason #1

    I want to be #2. We were #2 in 2012, UofL was in 2013.

    It's completely irrational and irrelevant yet I'm superstitious.

  5. Likes:

    TeamSelig (04-17-2013), WMR (04-15-2013)

  6. #4
    Bread Gloves Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,306
    Quote Originally Posted by LexRedsFan View Post
    RE: Preseason #1

    I want to be #2. We were #2 in 2012, UofL was in 2013.

    It's completely irrational and irrelevant yet I'm superstitious.
    It's been thrown out there that they could possibly be the greatest college team of all time. 40-0 has been talked about. And you guys are worried that pre-season #1 will get to their heads?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. Likes:

    WMR (04-15-2013)

  8. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    1,735

    Re: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

    Diggin' the thread title.
    "I talked to an advance scout that told me if Joey Votto and Albert Pujols were on the same team he'd advise his team to do the unthinkable...pitch around Votto to get to Pujols." - Buster Olney, ESPN

  9. Likes:

    jmac (04-17-2013), WMR (04-15-2013)

  10. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    1,735

    Re: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Another 1000 post thread in the books... #8 saw us bring home #8, let's hope #9 is similarly successful.
    Is UK basketball the second most discussed sports team in the history of RedsZone? Nothing else seems to be even a close runner-up.
    "I talked to an advance scout that told me if Joey Votto and Albert Pujols were on the same team he'd advise his team to do the unthinkable...pitch around Votto to get to Pujols." - Buster Olney, ESPN

  11. Likes:

    WMR (04-15-2013)

  12. #7
    part of BBN jmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    2,309

    Re: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

    Keeping up with the recruits, got this news report today :

    The Nike Hoop Summit isn’t until Saturday, but Karl Towns is already turning heads in Portland, Oregon.

    The 2014 UK commit is playing for the World Team, and during warm-ups today, hit 17 of 24 threes from behind the NBA three-point line. He also measured 7’0″ tall with a ridiculous 7’3.5″ inch wingspan.
    Oh yeah, he’ll be playing alongside Andrew Wiggins all week, who is also his roommate. Can’t hurt.

  13. Likes:

    TeamSelig (04-17-2013), WMR (04-15-2013)

  14. #8
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,957

    Re: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    Is UK basketball the second most discussed sports team in the history of RedsZone? Nothing else seems to be even a close runner-up.
    Probably. Either UK or Bengals, pretty sure UK has more views and posts per year, however.
    Last edited by WMR; 04-15-2013 at 11:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  15. #9
    Moderator LexRedsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Greenville, South Carolina
    Posts
    558

    Re: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    It's been thrown out there that they could possibly be the greatest college team of all time. 40-0 has been talked about. And you guys are worried that pre-season #1 will get to their heads?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm not worried that it'll get to their heads. I even said it's illogical and doesn't make sense. Just because.

  16. Likes:

    WMR (04-15-2013)

  17. #10
    Member medford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    2,081

    Re: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

    as a Dayton grad/fan, stating my desire for my flyers to "not" be preseason #1 is a problem I'm never going to face. Nice problem to have though, it continues to amaze me the level of recruiting that Cal is pulling off.

  18. Likes:

    WMR (04-16-2013)

  19. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    1,735

    Re: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    as a Dayton grad/fan, stating my desire for my flyers to "not" be preseason #1 is a problem I'm never going to face. Nice problem to have though, it continues to amaze me the level of recruiting that Cal is pulling off.
    Though I come from a family of KY natives and UK fans/alum, the Dayton Flyers gave me some of my earliest basketball memories. After my dad's military service ended, he took a job at Frigidaire in Dayton, OH, in 1966. My first TV games were Flyer games with Don May starring. My first college basketball game in person was at UD Arena during the Donald Smith years. To this day I'll never forget walking through the doors and looking down into that giant arena.

    It was around that time we moved back to our family origins in Lexington, but I'll always have a secondary love for the Dayton Flyers. I still root for them unless they're playing UK. They've only played each other once in my adult years. They played in Cincinnati in 1999, with UD winning 68-66. Grrr
    "I talked to an advance scout that told me if Joey Votto and Albert Pujols were on the same team he'd advise his team to do the unthinkable...pitch around Votto to get to Pujols." - Buster Olney, ESPN

  20. Likes:

    WMR (04-17-2013)

  21. #12
    Member medford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    2,081

    Re: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    Though I come from a family of KY natives and UK fans/alum, the Dayton Flyers gave me some of my earliest basketball memories. After my dad's military service ended, he took a job at Frigidaire in Dayton, OH, in 1966. My first TV games were Flyer games with Don May starring. My first college basketball game in person was at UD Arena during the Donald Smith years. To this day I'll never forget walking through the doors and looking down into that giant arena.

    It was around that time we moved back to our family origins in Lexington, but I'll always have a secondary love for the Dayton Flyers. I still root for them unless they're playing UK. They've only played each other once in my adult years. They played in Cincinnati in 1999, with UD winning 68-66. Grrr
    Brooks Hall over Tyshon Prince from the corner in US Barn arena to send the flyers home a winner, just in case the national titles have washed your memory of the game

    Good story; my father was at UD in the late 60s/early 70s and I've heard more stories of Don May than I can remember. There are rumors that UD has plans to build a new arena, about 18,000 in capacity on the fairground site if/when the Big East comes calling for them to join. It probably would pehoove my flyers to start finishing higher than mid-level in the A10 on a regular basis if they want to realize that dream.

    At any rate, back to your regularly scheduled UK discussion, pardon my interuption.

  22. Likes:

    WMR (04-17-2013)

  23. #13
    part of BBN jmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    2,309

    Re: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

    I have wondered how they would do the Twins jersey's this season with same last name and same first letter in first name.
    Tonight's all-star game probably told the story.
    Aa Harrison and An Harrision

    BTW...I recently told a friend it would be cool to have their "first names" only on their respective jerseys : Andrew & Aaron.

  24. Likes:

    WMR (04-20-2013)

  25. #14
    C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    8,445

    Re: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

    In news across the state, Russdiculous is coming back for Louisville next season, which should make Louisville a top 3 team losing only Dieng and Siva.

    December 28th is going to be nuts. Cal vs Pitino, basically the same Louisville team as last season going up against the best recruiting class in history, all in Rupp Arena. And this is even if Wiggins doesn't commit.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  26. #15
    Member Topcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,934

    Re: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

    Love me some Russdiculous
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

    Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

  27. Likes:

    BoxingRed (05-08-2013)


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25