Turn Off Ads?
Page 46 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

Re: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Who's ready for some genuine KENTUCKY BASKETBALL in the middle of August?!?!

5 days!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Is Coach K seriously nepotistic enough to take Mason freaking Plumlee over DeMarcus Cousins?

http://www.sacbee.com/2014/08/02/660...ith-kings.html

Here's the schedule for the games in the Bahamas. They play August 10-12 and then 15-17. All games are at 1 PM. First three games are on ESPNU and the last thre are on the new SEC Network. Can't wait to see this group. I have been reading good reports on the practices. The Twins sound like they are taking a real leadership role. The size of the team is really overwhelming. This should be a great 2014-15 season.

http://www.ukathletics.com/sports/m-...kbl-sched.html
    Reds Fan Since 1971

5. Likes:

WMR (08-06-2014)

Anyone watch yeserday? They got tons of talent that's for sure. IMO, Cal has more options this season than he ever has before while at UK. That's saying a lot too.
    Towns is a beast. Your going to have enjoy him this season because that will be it for him at UK. It's going to be hard to keep him out of the starting lineup. Also Ullis has convinced me he can play at this level. He's all over the place and makes his teammates look really good with his passing abiltiy. Booker looked really good too. He actually started the game. He's going to give them a good outside shooter plus good size for the two spot. 2014-15 could be one of most enjoyable years ever for a UK fan. Sit back an enjoy it.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

7. Likes:

WMR (08-13-2014)

All I can say is Wow.

Anything less than a championship this season will be a disappointment.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

This team is playing without 2 of our top big men. That's insane to think about.

I'm not sure how much he'll get to play this season, but Derek Willis has REALLY improved.

How could you not, playing against this quality of competition, day in and day out.

I'm not sure how much he'll get to play this season, but Derek Willis has REALLY improved.

How could you not, playing against this quality of competition, day in and day out.
    He sure has. He could be an X factor with his improved outside shooting. One thing UK may lack is consistent outside shooting but he could make that a whole lot better.
    Just amazing talent. They really could have a 12 man rotation. One thing I read in some stats was that in the three games the 10 "regulars" all played 16 to 22 minutes in each game. Cal has already figured how to use these guys and hopefully keep them happy. Of course he has two more big guns that haven't played,WCS and Lyles.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Blakeney decommits from UL. UK may be a player.

UL has got to be the #1 team in the country in decommits.

Cal tweeted Twin's body fat % is down from teens to 4 and 4.5.

UK player combine today @ 3 pm on ESPNU. Excited to watch.

UK player combine today @ 3 pm on ESPNU. Excited to watch.

I watched it. Most any UK fan would have liked it. I doubt we will see anything like this on TV again. Too much of a recruiting tool. But I'm glad UK got it on TV before it gets banished. BBM is this Friday night. The season is getting closer and closer.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

15. Likes:

WMR (10-14-2014)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

And I see UK is the pre-season #1............yet again!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    And I see UK is the pre-season #1............yet again!!!!!!!!!!
    Should be a fun season.

Really interested to see if Cal sticks with the platoon concept even when things get hard. It goes against how he has coached his entire career. I think he'll have to end up modifying it based on match ups and who is performing best game to game.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Should be a fun season.

Really interested to see if Cal sticks with the platoon concept even when things get hard. It goes against how he has coached his entire career. I think he'll have to end up modifying it based on match ups and who is performing best game to game.
    Interesting thoughts. Sounds like a guy that used to coach in Bloomington!!!!!!!! LOL

Anyone watch the first game last night? I know it was an NAIA school but pretty awesome dunk-a-thon put on by the Cats. This should be a really fun season.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

20. Likes:

WMR (11-03-2014)

Turn Off Ads?