Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 75 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

Re: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

Apparently he roomed with Pangos at the Canadian National Team games he was playing.

GPA's for the year:

2. Turn Off Ads?
    part of BBN

Read this about this incident involving and posted by Cal :

“As I was leaving Mass this morning, an older woman grabbed me and said, “Do you remember me from two years ago?” I said, “To be honest, I really don’t.” She said, “You were leaving Mass here two years ago and I wished you luck and shook your hand — and then you won the national title!” I said, “Well, get over here and shake my hand again and wish me luck!” And she did.”

4. Likes:

WMR (06-25-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    I really expected it a couple of months ago when rumors involving Gonzaga started. I figured now after all the initial talk, he would stay.
    From everything I have gathered it basically involved how he was being used by Cal. He has the skills but his game isn't going to be utilized at Kentucky as it would at say Gonzaga (which is where I figure he will end up). Wiltjer needs a system that plays to his strengths and masks his weaknesses (defense) and playing in the dribble drive exposed him.

Still, it does sting though. He was one of the players I hoped would stay and could take a veteran leadership role on a team with new faces. If he doesn't end up at Gonzaga I could see him in an Oregon Duck uniform as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

I wish him all the success in the world. I am sure he will fit in nicely where ever he chooses to go.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    From everything I have gathered it basically involved how he was being used by Cal. He has the skills but his game isn't going to be utilized at Kentucky as it would at say Gonzaga (which is where I figure he will end up). Wiltjer needs a system that plays to his strengths and masks his weaknesses (defense) and playing in the dribble drive exposed him.

Still, it does sting though. He was one of the players I hoped would stay and could take a veteran leadership role on a team with new faces. If he doesn't end up at Gonzaga I could see him in an Oregon Duck uniform as well.
    I am assuming from this post that he is a west coast kid?
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    Yep.

part of BBN

Two former Cats, Bledsoe and MKG in rumored trade talks...stay tuned

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    Portland to be specific. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see him at Gonzaga.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Losing guys like that is one of the pitfalls of having a successful program.

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Portland to be specific. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see him at Gonzaga.
    That is what I figured when people started saying either Gonzaga or Oregon. Just was curious
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

According to Wiltjers dad, a transfer is not certain right now. Looks like he is having some second thoughts.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

14. Likes:

jmac (07-01-2013),Joseph (07-01-2013)

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

According to a report from Kentucky Sports Radio, there is speculation that the 2010 Kentucky Wildcats will play against the 2012 Kentucky Wildcats during the fantasy experience this September:

KSR has learned that UK is working to get the two teams to settle the debate on the court, in Rupp Arena. DeMarcus’ 2010 team will likely play Kidd-Gilchrist’s 2012 team as the alumni game during the fantasy camp this fall.Time to settle it once and for all.

Well now, assuming the game is played, we may uncover which Kentucky team was better: the 2010 team featuring DeMarcus Cousins, John Wall, and Eric Bledsoe, or the 2012 team with Anthony Davis, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, and Marquis Teague?

The only question is: Which team does Darius Miller play on?
    http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspor.../07/01/467202/
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

IMO, in an exhibition style setting, the 2010 team will boat race them.

Excellent fun.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

It's official, Wiltjer is gone.

I kinda hope Cal offers his scholarship to Dante Exum. For those who haven't followed him, he is a SG from Australia that will be eligible for the second half of the season and has been projected to be a top 5 pick in next years NBA Draft. Indiana and Louisville are hot after him right now.

Turn Off Ads?