Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 75 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Re: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I thought the whole "undefeated season" talk was a bit much, but if anything this game serves as motivation for improving on the rest of the season.

Experience trumps talent early in the season. UK had experience in the game two years ago against Kansas with Darius Miller and a second season from Lamb and Jones. Ask me who I will take in March and it will be Kentucky.
    Yep. UK is obviously insanely talented, but Michigan State -- which is about as veteran as a really good team ever is these days -- took them to school in certain areas. It'll be a great game tape for teaching.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

2. Turn Off Ads?

This game pitted the most experienced team in the country vs the least experienced team in the country. Not surprisingly, UK came out with that deer-in-the-headlights look. Even Randle was hesitant the first half of the game. Free throw shooting, transition defense and turnovers were killers. Those three areas probably cost UK 20-25 points. Yet they rallied from a 15-point second half deficit to tie a game that wasn't decided until the final minute. Great coaching job by Cal and lots of good signs. MSU was favored by 3.5 and won by 4. Pretty much what most people expected. Great night of basketball. So glad all four teams have renewed for the next three years.

The Harrisons played absolutely horribly. I also really hate their body language. They really need to quit with all the whining every time something doesn't go their way.

Transition defense was pathetic.

Tons of coaching will come from this game and you saw glimpses of what this team can become if they get everything squared away. They showed tremendous moxie to get back into the game like they did.

On a side note, Jalil Okafor, Tyus Jones, Cliff Alexander, and Stanley Johnson are all set to announce on Friday.

None of them for Kentucky.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

This team isn't ready for prime time just yet, but look out when it is.

7. Likes:

WVRed (11-13-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    This team isn't ready for prime time just yet, but look out when it is.
    Other than the NCAA tournament, it doesn't get any more "prime time" than last night's games. They lost by 4 to a team that was favored by 3½. If they aren't ready for prime time, then they aren't far from it.

Stat geek...and proud

They are going to be very scary by January. All those 40-0 people are kind of embarrassing. That just wasn't realistic, and reeked of arrogance. (from the fans, not the program)
    No shame in losing to Michigan State, as a Big Ten fan, I know they ALWAYS come to play.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    They are going to be very scary by January. All those 40-0 people are kind of embarrassing. That just wasn't realistic, and reeked of arrogance. (from the fans, not the program)
    No shame in losing to Michigan State, as a Big Ten fan, I know they ALWAYS come to play.
    One of those 40-0 people were Coach Cal!

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    I read lots of forums and talk to lots of UK fans and I didn't see or hear anyone who was seriously predicting 40-0 for this team. Honestly, it was the media and opposing fans who took it and ran with it.

Cal never predicted that this team would go 40-0. He has said that coaching a perfect season is something that he would like to do before he retires. Hopefully he'll stick around at UK until he accomplishes it.

12. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-14-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    I read lots of forums and talk to lots of UK fans and I didn't see or hear anyone who was seriously predicting 40-0 for this team. Honestly, it was the media and opposing fans who took it and ran with it.
    http://www.40and0.com/our-story
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post

That's gotta be a UL fan.

Seriously, though, that site is very dumb.

I should've known better than to say none... More like vast majority.
    Last edited by WMR; 11-14-2013 at 04:40 PM.

Laying a few bucks on 400-1 is a far cry from guaranteeing it.

BTW: how bad is Vandy going to be this year?

Is Stallings feeling any heat?

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    One of those 40-0 people were Coach Cal!
    I find it hard to believe that Cal sincerely thought that. I could see him using that as a motivational tool though. He's been around too long to do that in a serious manner. That would put way too much pressure on the kids, who are still getting their feet wet with each other at this point.

I can't believe I'm defending Kentucky here. Go Hoosiers. There, now I feel better.

19. Likes:

Razor Shines (11-20-2013),Revering4Blue (11-14-2013),WMR (11-14-2013)

Turn Off Ads?