Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 75 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

Re: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

I have absolutely no clue what to expect tonight. I'll tell you one thing, Boise St. is no joke of a team. Pretty sure they're right on the fringe of the top 25 and averaging about 100 points a game. UK better come to play tonight or they will get beat.

2. Turn Off Ads?

It has to be a tie between Billy Packer and Dick Vitale for the most biased ACC announcer.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

4. Likes:

Revering4Blue (12-14-2013)

Its Saturday so....the Not Ready for Prime Time Players came out again.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

6. Likes:

jmac (12-15-2013)

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    I find it hard to believe that Cal sincerely thought that. I could see him using that as a motivational tool though. He's been around too long to do that in a serious manner. That would put way too much pressure on the kids, who are still getting their feet wet with each other at this point.

I can't believe I'm defending Kentucky here. Go Hoosiers. There, now I feel better.
    If that's how he honestly feels, why bring it up publicly? Use that in practice or film room if you don't think it's feasible. He is cocky and just had possibly the best recruiting class of all time, no doubt in my mind he thought it was possible. Karma is a B!!!

I don't know if this team is going to put it together or not...

Julius Randle's defense is just pathetic. Have a little pride, man.

This team is very unlikeable to this point.

Two weeks till little brother comes to town, hope they get better before then or they will lose again.

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    If that's how he honestly feels, why bring it up publicly? Use that in practice or film room if you don't think it's feasible. He is cocky and just had possibly the best recruiting class of all time, no doubt in my mind he thought it was possible. Karma is a B!!!
    Once again, he said it was something he would LIKE to do before he retires. He never said this year's team was going to do it.

Also, what sort of karma must Indiana be dealing with considering they haven't won it all since 1987?

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Julius Randle's defense is just pathetic. Have a little pride, man.

This team is very unlikeable to this point.
    That seems to be a common theme from the past two seasons. (Or Season & half.)

Do you think UK fans will grow tired of the "non-traditional program" model if the teams continue to be "unlikeable?"
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

This team is becoming very much like last seasons team. If they don't find a way to get it together real soon this season will spiral away. They may make the NCAA's just because they have more talent than last seasons team but they won't last long. I would say if they lose to UL on the 28th things are going to start to get very ugly in Lexington.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Methinks they'd be more likeable if they could shoot.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    So would my Hoosiers.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

14. Likes:

dubc47834 (12-16-2013),Revering4Blue (12-17-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    That seems to be a common theme from the past two seasons. (Or Season & half.)

Do you think UK fans will grow tired of the "non-traditional program" model if the teams continue to be "unlikeable?"
    Hard to say. It's a bit of a chicken vs. the egg argument. If the team wins, does that automatically make them more likeable? I'm not 100% sure... What it really boils down to for me for this year's squad is EFFORT. If I felt like these guys were going balls to the wall for 40 minutes a game I would be giving them a ton more slack (as would a large portion of the rest of the BBN). It's easy to see when players are half assing it, particularly on defense. Also, the pouting, whining, and exasperation after a "bad" call is contributing quite a bit to making these guys so unlikeable. Quit whining and PLAY THE DAMN GAME.

Lack of Effort + Whining = Redassed BBN

I'm actually dumbfounded that I'm saying this but you know a player I would love to have on this squad: Archie Goodwin. He would be our best perimeter defender by far, and, as many dumb decisions that he made, at least you never had to question that he wasn't playing with maximum effort.

The first 3 years definitely spoiled us in terms of what we expect from freshman, however, there was also a "GLUE" upperclassmen each of those years as well.

Fans will definitely grow tired of the non-traditional program model very quickly (it's already getting a little ugly... murmurings etc.) if the squad is not at least in the conversation for national title competition. Also, the prima donna attitude that seems pervasive with this squad is something we're just not used to seeing so far at UK. Wall and Cousins could have had every excuse to act like that, yet they NEVER did, not ONCE.

Cal also repeatedly said last year how much he wished that he had a bench to rely on and use when players weren't doing what he wanted... well, he has a bench this season and still rarely uses it.

Extraordinarily frustrating. The season is now roughly 33% completed... let's hope the best is yet to come. This team has only improved marginally, if at all, up to this point and that is very disappointing.

Effort. Effort. Effort. Effort.

BTW: This has got to be the worst passing team I can remember at UK. Lazy passes, stupid passes, they've done it all. Apparently no one has the faintest clue how to feed the post and the post guys don't know how/when to pass it out.

16. Likes:

Revering4Blue (12-17-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    EFFORT.

Even if their shooting was better, they will not be fully embraced by BBN until the effort level matches their Rivals ranking coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    This team is becoming very much like last seasons team. If they don't find a way to get it together real soon this season will spiral away. They may make the NCAA's just because they have more talent than last seasons team but they won't last long. I would say if they lose to UL on the 28th things are going to start to get very ugly in Lexington.
    If we lose to city college, it will be meltdown city.

Cal will get to experience a truly angry BBN for the first time and it's not a pleasant thing to behold...

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    EFFORT.

Even if their shooting was better, they will not be fully embraced by BBN until the effort level matches their Rivals ranking coming in.
    Yep. You and me both know if they had given full effort on defense they may not have a loss or one at most. I'm not sure how Cal can get to them at this point to give that effort. Last year he wanted a bench. This year he has it but won't utilize it fully. I have no idea why Lee isn't playing more. Saturday would have been the perfect time to use him with all of the foul trouble. But he was never off the bench. That's just one example too.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Cal wasn't the one who brought it up. It was the media and a small segment of the BBN. Cal addressed it because he was asked about it in a press conference. And his only comment was winning every game should be every team's goal. No one starts a season thinking they want to win x amount of games and lose x amount of games.

Turn Off Ads?