Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 75 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

Re: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I think Kyle Wiltjer could have been the leader for this year's team. Would have been a junior, would have gotten some playing time, and his shooting would have created penetration for the twins and Young.

I'm kinda disappointed in the shooting from deep from this team. Aaron Harrison and Young were both excellent perimeter shooters coming out of high school.
    Wiltjer? A leader? The kid who was too scared to compete for playing time with this roster and instead chose to tuck tail and run home? Wiltjer isn't a leader. Just isn't in his DNA.

Wiltjer was more interested in making White Boy Academy youtube videos than getting in the gym and working on his body and game.

You think this team is bad defensively now? I shudder to imagine if you had the human turnstile Wiltjer in there as well.

Poythress called a player's only meeting after the LSU loss. I'm usually pretty cynical on the good that player's only meetings do for a team, but I'm highly encouraged that Poythress is at least stepping up and trying to lead. He has been flat out awesome this season, and he's got the cachet with this team to call people out and be the leader if he so chooses.

2. Likes:

5TimeWSChamps (02-04-2014)

3. Turn Off Ads?

I really only see two players from this year's team who should go pro at this point, Randle and Young.

Would really make for an interesting team next season if that happened. I see Poythress and WCS going pro though as well.
    Poythress doesn't have a position in the NBA right now. He isn't a power forward in the NBA and he doesn't have anything resembling the handles required to play on the wing.

Draft Express has him as a mid second rounder and I don't see him rising into the first at all this year no matter how well he plays simply because the way he's playing right now, while highly effective in college, will not work in the pros.

Big win today for the Cats.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

6. Likes:

WVRed (02-01-2014)

Mizzou had won 28 of their last 29 at home entering today.

Cal had me seriously pissed waiting so long to go back to zone in the 2nd after it was so effective in the first. He's a stubborn sob at times...

Willie Cauley-Stein is the best center in the country........... when he wants to be. :-D
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

So what did Cal do to get the technical? The game pretty much went to crap after that.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Go Gators!
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

11. Likes:

KronoRed (02-15-2014)

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

So what did Cal do to get the technical? The game pretty much went to crap after that.

No idea. I didn't understand that.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Experience trumped talent. Who knew?

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    Experience trumped talent. Who knew?
    Experience trumps talent when talent is lazy.

The better team won tonight. There's a lot of things I'm disappointed in, from whatever got Calipari the technical from the fans disappearance toward the end of the game. And whether Cal will acknowledge it or not, the players are still FRESHMEN. I almost had to mute Vitale for praising Donovan for calling the timeout when it was the technical that changed the game.

I really think the overall suckfest known as SEC basketball will bite the Gators in the tournament. Florida and Syracuse are my picks for number one seeds to have an early exit.

These guys just have horrible chemistry and many of their most basic skills are sorely lacking.

James Young is, IMO, the worst passer in UK history. I honestly cannot remember a worse one.

Andrew Harrison isn't a point guard. None of our guards know how to reliably feed the post, and And. Harrison struggles to create anything for his teammates.

WCS has turned into a little girl. Funny how his game has sucked since he got rid of the blonde hair.

Randle is more concerned with "getting his" than hitting the open man and making winning plays.

The only ones who consistently play hard are Dakari and Poy.

If we knew this team was going to be together for the next couple of years I think most people would be elated with their progress this season. Because of the one and done, however, things have to happen NOW... hence the frustration.
    Last edited by WMR; 02-17-2014 at 10:34 AM.

Two days later and still haven't read anyone that knows exactly what got Cal the tech. UF likely would have still won, but that tech absolutely destroyed any momentum UK had left.

Refs should have to face press conferences just like players and coaches, IMO. A shocking lack of accountability for refs... Felt like Wilbekin got the MJ treatment in the 2nd half as well.

part of BBN

My hard drive went out on my computer so havent been able to comment on basketball or football lately.
    I will say as others have, this group has been very dissappointing although I think everyone keeps looking for that next "Davis-MKG etc " group which "also" had Jones and Lamb returning.
    We may never see a mixture like that again although none of these kids are ready for the NBA, doubt any of main 4 will be back. It will probably be starting over next season with Marcus Lee etc as returning veterans.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    These guys just have horrible chemistry and many of their most basic skills are sorely lacking.

James Young is, IMO, the worst passer in UK history. I honestly cannot remember a worse one.

Andrew Harrison isn't a point guard. None of our guards know how to reliably feed the post, and And. Harrison struggles to create anything for his teammates.

WCS has turned into a little girl. Funny how his game has sucked since he got rid of the blonde hair.

Randle is more concerned with "getting his" than hitting the open man and making winning plays.

If we knew this team was going to be together for the next couple of years I think most people would be elated with their progress this season. Because of the one and done, however, things have to happen NOW... hence the frustration.
    I hear ya man. I haven't watched them play much this year, but what I have watched it appeared they were out of "sync". Take heart, you guys got time to get the ship back on course. I wish I could say that about my team!

19. Likes:

dubc47834 (02-18-2014),Joseph (02-18-2014),Revering4Blue (02-18-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post

I agree with something Matt Jones said last night, Kentucky could make it to the Final Four or lose in the first round. This team is so unpredictable. Right now they look unstoppable against the Fighting Marshall Hendersons. You just never know which team is going to show up.

Turn Off Ads?