Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 688

Thread: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

  1. #16
    part of BBN jmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    2,309

    Re: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

    I think one thing Smith's return should do is steal the spotlight away from Duke/UNC as UK and U of L should clearly be the Top 2 teams with or without Wiggins.
    The difference being UK may have a loss or two early (a Wiggins signing may change this part though) with tough games against MSU and UNC.
    Should make for a fun season !

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    3,736

    Re: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

    Any updates/insight/rumors on Wiggins?

  4. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    1,735

    Re: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Any updates/insight/rumors on Wiggins?
    Go to the Rupp Rafters board on UK's Rivals site. There's about 50 Wiggins threads a day there (each one as unreliable as the next). As Wiggins has said a few times, unless it comes out of his mouth, it's a lie. Until he actually announces, I don't think anyone knows anything. Not even the so-called "insiders".
    "I talked to an advance scout that told me if Joey Votto and Albert Pujols were on the same team he'd advise his team to do the unthinkable...pitch around Votto to get to Pujols." - Buster Olney, ESPN

  5. #19
    part of BBN jmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    2,309

    Re: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

    And there's no timetable as to when he might announce.

  6. #20
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,960

    Re: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

    I really think he's going to come to UK.

    If he doesn't choose UK, hopefully it's Florida State where he won't be a threat to UK winning it all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  7. Likes:

    jmac (04-26-2013), TeamSelig (04-27-2013)

  8. #21
    Member Topcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,934

    Re: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    I really think he's going to come to UK.

    If he doesn't choose UK, hopefully it's Florida State where he won't be a threat to UK winning it all.
    Honest question how many of the "dynasty" recruits UK recruited will see seniors day? ps battle tested Ville players await your high school stars
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

    Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

  9. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    992
    Quote Originally Posted by Topcat View Post
    Honest question how many of the "dynasty" recruits UK recruited will see seniors day? ps battle tested Ville players await your high school stars
    You don't even know that UK is UK, as you called them KU last week.

    You suck as a troll, stick to whatever it is you do. You are still insignificant, and no hand wrapped title is going tonchange that. Wait, I think the refs just dicked Wichita State over again.

  10. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    1,735

    Re: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by Topcat View Post
    Honest question how many of the "dynasty" recruits UK recruited will see seniors day? ps battle tested Ville players await your high school stars
    It's not our fault Pitino can't recruit NBA-caliber players, or that those players don't want to play for him.
    "I talked to an advance scout that told me if Joey Votto and Albert Pujols were on the same team he'd advise his team to do the unthinkable...pitch around Votto to get to Pujols." - Buster Olney, ESPN

  11. Likes:

    WMR (04-30-2013)

  12. #24
    C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    8,445

    Re: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    I really think he's going to come to UK.

    If he doesn't choose UK, hopefully it's Florida State where he won't be a threat to UK winning it all.
    I understand the parents connection, but....

    You can go to Kentucky, where you will be surrounded by talent that will make yourself look so much better, especially if you are winning. You can still be THE MAN at Kentucky, especially if you are as good as advertised. You'll be a division favorite and likely a fast track to a Final Four.

    OR

    You can go to Florida State where you will be THE MAN. Your presence alone might net a top 10 ranking, but you will be double and triple teamed every night because you don't have the supporting cast. You'll get plenty of shot opportunities but most of them will be contested. Duke and UNC will have better teams overall which would mean a likely third place finish.

    Either way, if Wiggins wants to come to Lexington, great. If not, we've already got the best class ever coming in.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  13. Likes:

    WMR (04-30-2013)

  14. #25
    part of BBN jmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    2,309

    Re: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    You can go to Florida State where you will be THE MAN. Your presence alone might net a top 10 ranking, but you will be double and triple teamed every night because you don't have the supporting cast. You'll get plenty of shot opportunities but most of them will be contested. Duke and UNC will have better teams overall which would mean a likely third place finish.
    With teams like NC State and Maryland and then of course Syracuse and Pitt, I am not so sure Wiggins would gaurantee a 3rd place finish.
    As you said, at UK, he could be a main ingredient with excellent supplimentary parts or FSU and be a one man show more than likely which doesnt gaurantee wins. Let's not even think about Carolina blue !

  15. #26
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,960

    Re: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    With teams like NC State and Maryland and then of course Syracuse and Pitt, I am not so sure Wiggins would gaurantee a 3rd place finish.
    As you said, at UK, he could be a main ingredient with excellent supplimentary parts or FSU and be a one man show more than likely which doesnt gaurantee wins. Let's not even think about Carolina blue !
    Good news is that at UNC he could earn his Doctorate in Afro American studies in one year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  16. #27
    part of BBN jmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    2,309

    Re: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

    Okay , as the story goes the girl in picture found out Cal and Ricky were dining at adjoining restaurants and both coaches obliged her request for a picture. Who says we all cant get along ?

  17. #28
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,960

    Re: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

    Always nice to see Pitino take care of those "health insurance" costs...

    A real shame he's not showing off more prominently his awesome "L's Up" tattoo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  18. #29
    Member Wonderful Monds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,692

    Re: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    You don't even know that UK is UK, as you called them KU last week.

    You suck as a troll, stick to whatever it is you do. You are still insignificant, and no hand wrapped title is going tonchange that. Wait, I think the refs just dicked Wichita State over again.
    Jesus Christ

    If you ever needed to build a case towards Kentucky fans' insufferability, that post would probably be exhibit A.
    They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    He has also taught me that even when the Reds win it is important to focus on the fact that they could have lost.

  19. Likes:

    BoxingRed (05-08-2013)

  20. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    992

    Re: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Jesus Christ

    If you ever needed to build a case towards Kentucky fans' insufferability, that post would probably be exhibit A.
    Yep, not the louisville fan obviously trolling a UK basketball thread.

    Got it


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25