Turn Off Ads?
Page 27 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

Re: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    What about Hawkins, WMR?
    Not WMR, but Hawkins had possibly the worst shooting season for a UK guard I've ever seen. He's shooting 8-38/26% overall, 2-16/12% on three-pointers and 5-11/45% at the free throw line. The fact he saw the floor as much as he did, speaks volumes about our depth at the guard positions.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Yeah him too.

Honestly, the twins should never be on the floor together and when it's them with Young as well it's a complete cluster****.
    And those are your three leaders in minutes played.

I think Young may have hit a wall. Every shot he puts up looks bad.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    And those are your three leaders in minutes played.

I think Young may have hit a wall. Every shot he puts up looks bad.
    Cal's whole spiel about the bench being a weapon this year has been a complete crock of ****.

I'm not sure there's anything Young could do that would put him on the bench for a significant amount of time. He seems to have total carte blanche. 1-11 from 3 last night...

I sincerely believe Young is the worst passer in UK history. I cannot remember a worse one.

I sincerely believe Young is the worst passer in UK history. I cannot remember a worse one.
    The University of Archie Goodwin
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

IMHO, Stevens getting canned in Boston within two or three years is wishful thinking by fans of schools (in their mind) with projected HC openings two or three years down the line. IU, UK, Louisville, Duke or whomever will just have to look elsewhere. ;= )
    Last edited by Revering4Blue; 03-05-2014 at 07:05 PM.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    The University of Archie Goodwin
    Not even close. Archie had no one to pass to ... he was actually a capable passer when he did make a pass, however.

Not even close. Archie had no one to pass to ... he was actually a capable passer when he did make a pass, however.
    Leon can't do everything. :-)

Could be he just never passed enough to take notice.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    IMHO, Stevens getting canned in Boston within two or three years is wishful thinking by fans of schools (in their mind) with projected HC openings two or three years down the line. IU, UK, Louisville, Duke or whomever will just have to look elsewhere. ;= )
    Yeah, Boston is a storied NBA franchise....they just didn't look all over and "settle" on Stevens who happened to be a HC at a mid-major. They will give him time.

However, we don't know what his "dream" job might be, nor do we know what particular criteria might be involved in defining that. There might be something out there at the collegiate level that he is looking at, it just aint came his way yet?

I remember Al McGuire well. Does anybody else? He always said that UK was the toughest coaching job out there in basketball, and that included the pros. UK will always get a guy that wants the challenge, now whether he can handle it or not is another story.

10. Likes:

Revering4Blue (03-05-2014)

If Cal leaves, List should be:

1. Sean Miller
    2. Fred Hoiberg
    3. Frank Vogel

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post

1. Sean Miller
    2. Fred Hoiberg
    3. Frank Vogel
    I don't see Hoiberg leaving Ames. He's an icon there as a former player and now as a coach. He's at his dream job.

I don't understand why Sean Miller would leave Arizona for Kentucky. Both are storied programs with great fanbases and Miller has no competition for West coast recruits. Why would Miller give up his status on the west coast to come to the pressure cooker that is Kentucky basketball? For that matter, he hasn't made it past the Elite Eight either.

Vogel is intriguing with the UK connection but I don't see him leaving the Pacers unless he is fired. I'd say Brad Stevens would be the most likely from the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I don't see Hoiberg leaving Ames. He's an icon there as a former player and now as a coach. He's at his dream job.

I don't understand why Sean Miller would leave Arizona for Kentucky. Both are storied programs with great fanbases and Miller has no competition for West coast recruits. Why would Miller give up his status on the west coast to come to the pressure cooker that is Kentucky basketball? For that matter, he hasn't made it past the Elite Eight either.

Vogel is intriguing with the UK connection but I don't see him leaving the Pacers unless he is fired. I'd say Brad Stevens would be the most likely from the NBA.
    Miller is a midwest guy at heart though. He's the most obvious candidate IMO.

I'd still like to see a little bit more success though. My pick is Gregg Marshall. Already made it to a final four and is an excellent in game coach. Would love to see what he could do with Kentuckys resources.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

So was John Wooden...but I don't recall him ever coming back home to coach. LOL. There is no way Miller leaves 'Zona unless some weird situation arises.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Cal's whole spiel about the bench being a weapon this year has been a complete crock of ****.

I'm not sure there's anything Young could do that would put him on the bench for a significant amount of time. He seems to have total carte blanche. 1-11 from 3 last night...

You've missed a veritable crapload of UK games if you think that is the case.

He had an off night. It happens to the best of them at times, let alone an 18-year-old.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Stat geek...and proud

1. Sean Miller
    2. Fred Hoiberg
    3. Frank Vogel
    If you guys took Vogel I would firebomb Lexington.

18. Likes:

Razor Shines (03-06-2014)

Turn Off Ads?