Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 75 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Re: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    Yep, not the louisville fan obviously trolling a UK basketball thread.

Got it
    Yeah, you've never trolled other team's threads on this very board. My bad.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Here's UK's non conference schedule for next season. Pretty tough,IMO. Michigan State, Louisville and UNC will be as good as anyone in the country. Baylor will be good too since Austin decided to come back. Belmont and Boise will be good too and not bad home opponents even though they don't have the name recognition. I'm shocked Robert Morris would come to Rupp after the NIT debacle. They must have agreed to that game before the NIT.

http://www.ukathletics.com/sports/m-...kbl-sched.html
    Reds Fan Since 1971

part of BBN

Word is Wiggins will announce by May 15th.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    Word is Wiggins will announce by May 15th.
    That's the last day he can sign an LOI. Of course he doesn't have to sign one at all. He could just show up at a school one day and say "Here I am." I am at the point I don't care anymore. UK has a great class coming in. If he comes,terrific. If not, UK will be in the hunt next season whether he is wearing UK blue or not.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    Yep, not the louisville fan obviously trolling a UK basketball thread.

Got it
    You have trolled threads to . Robert Morris and you must be so proud to cheer for a school with the worst history of Racism ever in College basketball. Be proud of that Legacy Adolph
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

wrong thread

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    That's the last day he can sign an LOI. Of course he doesn't have to sign one at all. He could just show up at a school one day and say "Here I am." I am at the point I don't care anymore. UK has a great class coming in. If he comes,terrific. If not, UK will be in the hunt next season whether he is wearing UK blue or not.
    I actually didnt he think he would sign and would drag it out. I hope he signs but as you said, if he doesnt, UK will still be in fine shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Topcat View Post
    You have trolled threads to . Robert Morris and you must be so proud to cheer for a school with the worst history of Racism ever in College basketball. Be proud of that Legacy Adolph

Seriously, worst troll in the history of the internet!

Not only doesn't know the difference between KU and UK, doesn't know the proper usage of too versus to.

Did you graduate Summa Cum Laude from City College?

You might wanna get tested, bro.

10. Likes:

Joseph (05-03-2013)

And your school has a coach who likes to pick up bar skanks. See, I can do it too!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    And your school has a coach who likes to pick up bar skanks. See, I can do it too!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    The funny part is, his whole BS spiel about Rupp being a racist couldn't be more wrong.

Rupp specifically recruited blacks to play for his high school teams in Kansas in the early parts of the 20th century.

Adolph Rupp cared about ONE thing: WINNING BASKETBALL GAMES. He would have LOVED to have brought in black players before Tom Payne in 1969 if they could have been reasonably guaranteed safe travels throughout the Deep South. The only reason Rupp did not bring talented black athletes to UK sooner was because he could not guarantee their safety throughout SEC road games in the Deep South. The man should be commended for putting the safety of prospective players above his own desire to win games.

BTW: this is for the edification of other people who enjoy reading this thread. Topcat is a pathetic, lame troll who isn't worth educating on this matter or any other. Hell, the way he conducts himself on this message board, he's probably not capable of comprehending what I just wrote anyway.

Suffice to say, Adolph Rupp was a much better and accomplished man than Topcat could ever hope to be.

13. Likes:

Joseph (05-03-2013),New York Red (05-03-2013),Razor Shines (05-03-2013),Revering4Blue (05-03-2013),TeamSelig (05-10-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Adolph Rupp cared about ONE thing: WINNING BASKETBALL GAMES. He would have LOVED to have brought in black players before Tom Payne in 1969 if they could have been reasonably guaranteed safe travels throughout the Deep South. The only reason Rupp did not bring talented black athletes to UK sooner was because he could not guarantee their safety throughout SEC road games in the Deep South. The man should be commended for putting the safety of prospective players above his own desire to win games.
    There's a bit of myth to this also. Tom Payne enrolled at UK when Perry Wallace was a senior at Vanderbilt and had already proven for three years that a black man could go on the road safely in the SEC.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    There's a bit of myth to this also. Tom Payne enrolled at UK when Perry Wallace was a senior at Vanderbilt and had already proven for three years that a black man could go on the road safely in the SEC.
    Agreed, Rupp had also attempted to recruit blacks before Payne and failed in a similar time period. However, the focus of being the first black at Kentucky would have carried much more scrutiny and danger than the first black at Vanderbilt. Did Wallace travel to every road game in his entire career at VU? I'm a bit skeptical, but would love to know whatever knowledge you can provide on his career in Nashville. Do you know the order of integration in basketball in the SEC? Vandy was first, correct?

The truth of his behavior in Kansas, however, cannot be disputed.

I would recommend anyone interested in the subject to check out www.bigbluehistory.net where Jon Scott has outlined the discussion both pro and con in regards to allegations of racism by Rupp. IMO, an unbiased view of the facts as we know them necessitates a conclusion that Rupp was not a racist.
    Last edited by WMR; 05-02-2013 at 10:57 PM.

16. Likes:

cumberlandreds (05-03-2013),New York Red (05-03-2013)

How is UK racist? They started recruiting black players around the same time Louisville did, and before most other schools in the south. You have to be a pretty low level human being to make these types of accusations.

I've noticed you never post in any other threads -- about anything. Not even the Reds threads. It seems the only reason you're here is to rag on UK basketball, which makes you exactly like all other UofL fans. You people obsess over UK more than you do your own school. That's why you're stuck with the "Little Brother" nickname. That's what you are.

UK did have the first black football player in the SEC. So they can't be all bad.

The way I feel about Rupp is that he was a man of times. He may have said things then that were acceptable but not so today. He was typical of most white people of the United States of that time. I don't think he did anything to bar blacks from playing at UK. He did in fact recruit blacks in the early 60's without any success. Wes Unseld and Butch Beard were the most prominiment. Beard actually signed toplay at UK. But he signed at a couple of other places and I believe chose Louisville. Black kids and parents had to be terribly afraid of sending kids to the deep south to play a basketball game. Any intergration efforts in the south at that time were met with harsh resistance and usually violence. I couldn't blame any black kid from not going to UK at that time. Also UK was told by the SEC in the 50's not to recruit blacks or they would be barred from the SEC. UK chose not dispute that and kept the same policies. They probably should have chosen the other path and left the SEC but that's history now.
    I really believe Rupp gets a bad rap from the media. He did nothing that prevented blacks from playing and said nothing of the like in public. The movie about the 1966 game against Texas Western in total sham and borderline fradulent. At the time nothing was said about the implications of that game and really not much until Curry Kirkpatrick of SI decided to go on his agenda about Rupps racism and effects of that game.
    Bascially, was Rupp perfect? No not at all. He had his flaws and there are things he could have done differently but he was not some card carrying KKK member like many have portrayed him to be.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    How is UK racist? They started recruiting black players around the same time Louisville did, and before most other schools in the south. You have to be a pretty low level human being to make these types of accusations.

I've noticed you never post in any other threads -- about anything. Not even the Reds threads. It seems the only reason you're here is to rag on UK basketball, which makes you exactly like all other UofL fans. You people obsess over UK more than you do your own school. That's why you're stuck with the "Little Brother" nickname. That's what you are.
    Wow, condemning an entire fan base because of one troll.

Turn Off Ads?