Turn Off Ads?
Page 33 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

Re: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

So uh....That was fun?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Maybe the best game of the year. They played with good intensity the entire game and didn't panic when LSU made a run at them in the 2nd half. When they play with good intensity they are hard to stop. Just have to find a way to keep that up.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Best game I have seen them play all year. They looked like what I thought they should look like. Good luck fellas the rest of the way out.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

Stat geek...and proud

Just got home from watching Trey Lyles play. The thing I took away from it was he's really light on his feet for a big man. I'm not saying he's in this guy's league, but his footwork reminds me of a Tim Duncan type.
    numbersinthereds.blogspot.com I actually made a post on 7/24/14. I promise.

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    Just got home from watching Trey Lyles play. The thing I took away from it was he's really light on his feet for a big man. I'm not saying he's in this guy's league, but his footwork reminds me of a Tim Duncan type.
    Yeah, I'm really excited about him and Towns playing together next year.

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    I've had the impression that Lyles is more of a Terrence Jones type. Highly finesse type of player who can beat you inside or with a step back three.

The most underrated of next year's recruits IMO is Towns. Especially if Cal lets him take threes. I think he will offensively be what Davis was at the end of his season but not with the defense. A real nightmare for teams to match up against.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Safe to say this weekend has put an end to the beating James Young was taking from UK fans?

Throw out the weird Bama game, and he's 11 of his last 22 from 3.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I've had the impression that Lyles is more of a Terrence Jones type. Highly finesse type of player who can beat you inside or with a step back three.

The most underrated of next year's recruits IMO is Towns. Especially if Cal lets him take threes. I think he will offensively be what Davis was at the end of his season but not with the defense. A real nightmare for teams to match up against.
    Yeah, he's got range.

That Indianapolis Tech team ain't no joke. 2 seniors playing division 1 ball next year and a sophomore point guard with miles of potential.

(Yeah I'm a Indiana HS basketball geek)
    Last edited by gilpdawg; 03-16-2014 at 03:40 AM.
    numbersinthereds.blogspot.com I actually made a post on 7/24/14. I promise.

Oops wrong thread lol

Disappointed in being an eight seed, but happy to draw the Wheatshockers. Overall a pretty stacked region. If Wichita comes out of this bracket alive it will be a miracle.

Marcus Foster from Kansas State is a beast. Should be an interesting matchup.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

If they has lost in the first round of tourney, I would have thought a 8 or 9 seed was right. I actually figured they would get at least a 5 after playing the top overall team in country to the final play.

Our seed is a joke but I don't hate the matchups.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

14. Likes:

WVRed (03-17-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    If they has lost in the first round of tourney, I would have thought a 8 or 9 seed was right. I actually figured they would get at least a 5 after playing the top overall team in country to the final play.
    Sad part is, the selection committee has it wrapped up fairly early in the day so conference championships on Sunday have no bearing. UK still would have likely been an eight seed if they had beaten Florida.

Three years ago Kentucky beat Florida for the SEC title and ended up with a four seed. Florida ended up with a two. I remember people saying Kentucky should have been seeded higher and Florida lower.

Awfully quiet in here? It bothers me that there has been silence. I will spice things up from an IU fan....."GO GET 'EM CATS!" Now I feel better saying that for my Redlegs brethren. Good luck fellas and shuck the shockers.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

Andrew Harrison may not play today. If not it will make it that much tougher to win. This is the last chance for this bunch to do something special. I doubt they win but you never know. UK has had some big unexpected NCAA wins in the past. They did beat an undefeated Indiana team in 1975. So this would not be unprecedented for a UK team to win a game like this.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Turn Off Ads?