Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 75 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

Re: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    Wow, condemning an entire fan base because of one troll.
    I've been on the internet for 20 years. I've dealt with more UofL fans than I care to count, and 90% of them are exactly like the one in this thread. I've worked with UofL fans who are the same way. If you are an exception to that rule, I respect you.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Agreed, Rupp had also attempted to recruit blacks before Payne and failed in a similar time period. However, the focus of being the first black at Kentucky would have carried much more scrutiny and danger than the first black at Vanderbilt. Did Wallace travel to every road game in his entire career at VU? I'm a bit skeptical, but would love to know whatever knowledge you can provide on his career in Nashville. Do you know the order of integration in basketball in the SEC? Vandy was first, correct?
    Yes. Perry Wallace and Godfrey Dillard were the first black scholarship athletes in the SEC. Although, Dillard never played in a varsity game. (Interestingly enough, both Wallace and Dillard became lawyers and law professors.) Not sure the order of integrating the rest of the league.

Wallace did make every trip in the SEC with one exception... Ole Miss cancelled their freshman team games (both home and road) with Vanderbilt in his freshman season. The next three years as a varsity player, he made every trip and played in every game.

Here's the low-down on Wallace: http://www.vucommodores.com/sports/m...020713aaa.html

The article also does say he was recruited by UK, but never by Rupp, persoanlly, and that UK generally treated him with more respect than some other opponents.

Here's a good article on Dillard also: http://www.vucommodores.com/sports/h...122910aad.html
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

4. Likes:

WMR (05-03-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    I've been on the internet for 20 years. I've dealt with more UofL fans than I care to count, and 90% of them are exactly like the one in this thread. I've worked with UofL fans who are the same way. If you are an exception to that rule, I respect you.
    Most UofL fans would have similar complaints about UK fans.

Louisville and Kentucky fans are each pretty good at obsessing about the other all the while claiming that the other obsesses about them (I guess they're both right on that count). Then, of course, they go to Reds or Bengals games and high five each other.

Now that I've moved away from the area, it's all kind of amusing.

7. Likes:

BoxingRed (05-08-2013),WMR (05-03-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Louisville and Kentucky fans are each pretty good at obsessing about the other all the while claiming that the other obsesses about them (I guess they're both right on that count). Then, of course, they go to Reds or Bengals games and high five each other.

Now that I've moved away from the area, it's all kind of amusing.
    Strange, isn't? Having spent a few years in the Yankees/Red Sox area, I can relate.

I think, I THINK, you've made this "90%" claim about IU fans as well. So, 90% of IU fans jerks and 90% of UL fans are jerks, seems high but I don't think you'd exaggerate on that, seems like an exact science.

Geez, for three schools within 3 hours of each other, how did UK get all the upstanding fans? I've always said "we can't ever be as good as UK fans, but it's a mark we should strive to reach."
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

10. Likes:

Hoosier Red (05-03-2013),Revering4Blue (05-03-2013),WMR (05-03-2013)

You think that a certain type of attitude possibly attracts a certain type of attitude? In your 20 years on the internet do think that maybe you might come across.....no, that's silly. Forget I said anything, it's everyone else.

part of BBN

News of note :
    news from Indianapolis: the NCAA’s proposal to move the first practice of the season up two weeks is now official. Now, teams can begin practicing on September 27th, six weeks before the season opens on November 8th

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I think, I THINK, you've made this "90%" claim about IU fans as well. So, 90% of IU fans jerks and 90% of UL fans are jerks, seems high but I don't think you'd exaggerate on that, seems like an exact science.

Geez, for three schools within 3 hours of each other, how did UK get all the upstanding fans? I've always said "we can't ever be as good as UK fans, but it's a mark we should strive to reach."
    I've never heard one negative word from opposing fans about the way they were treated in Rupp Arena. Compare that to the garbage UK fans had to deal with last year in Bloomington. It was so bad the school president had to issue a public apology. Remember the "F*** UK" chants that could be heard on national TV? That kind of stuff doesn't take place in Rupp Arena, and never will.

I've never heard one negative word from opposing fans about the way they were treated in Rupp Arena. Compare that to the garbage UK fans had to deal with last year in Bloomington. It was so bad the school president had to issue a public apology. Remember the "F*** UK" chants that could be heard on national TV? That kind of stuff doesn't take place in Rupp Arena, and never will.
    That wasn't really what I was talking about was it. I'm not going to get into your extremely scientific study in how opposing fans are treated at Rupp vs other schools facilities.

My point is that your posts often come across penisy. Every team has a certain percentage of horrible fans. I know a couple IU fans that are complete dbags and its amazing how they seek out dbags from other teams' fan bases and vice versa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Likes:

Revering4Blue (05-03-2013)

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Every team has a certain percentage of horrible fans.
    One exception: The Cincinnati Reds.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

17. Likes:

Captain13 (05-06-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Topcat View Post
    You have trolled threads to . Robert Morris and you must be so proud to cheer for a school with the worst history of Racism ever in College basketball. Be proud of that Legacy Adolph
    Oh, I see what you did there. You have to read between the lines to get that one. Let me explain for all those who aren't as clever as topcat and I are.

Adolph Rupp's first name was Adolph.

Does anyone happen to know what Adolph Hitler's real first name was??..... Also Adolph!! Therefore Adolph Rupp also probably killed some Jews.

Glad I went back to read all the posts, almost missed that one.

19. Likes:

Revering4Blue (05-04-2013),WMR (05-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    That wasn't really what I was talking about was it. I'm not going to get into your extremely scientific study in how opposing fans are treated at Rupp vs other schools facilities.

My point is that your posts often come across penisy. Every team has a certain percentage of horrible fans. I know a couple IU fans that are complete dbags and its amazing how they seek out dbags from other teams' fan bases and vice versa.
    Classy stuff.

Classy stuff.
    Lets see if I can do this better. When I post about Kentucky basketball I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that more than half of the UK fans on this board don't have a problem with most of my posts. They may disagree but don't have a problem with the tone of my posts, for the most part.

Now for this next part lets keep in mind that you think 90% of IU and UL fans are jerks. Not an exact quote but I think with the words we're allowed to use on this board "jerks" will work.

When you post about IU or UL basketball a lot of your posts can seem quite abrasive. Just to throw a number out there I would say that 90% of IU and UL fans find a lot of your posts abrasive and you get a lot of replies that seem jerkish. Do you have any idea where I'm going with this?

22. Likes:

Revering4Blue (05-05-2013)

It looks like Topcat is right KU is going to be in trouble over Ben McLemore. :-)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

24. Likes:

Revering4Blue (05-07-2013),WMR (05-05-2013)

Turn Off Ads?