Turn Off Ads?
Page 43 of 46 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546 LastLast

Thread: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Re: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

Twins to announce at 1:00. According to Yahoo, they're coming back.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

They're coming back!
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Great news! The biggest obstacle for Cal will be getting these guys to mesh together and for him to make people happy with their playing time. Some of the big guys may not play as much as they want. But still this should be one the better seasons in UK's history. They won't go 40-0 but they really shouldn't lose more than three or four games.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Those Wildcats might have themselves a good little team next season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Great news! The biggest obstacle for Cal will be getting these guys to mesh together and for him to make people happy with their playing time. Some of the big guys may not play as much as they want. But still this should be one the better seasons in UK's history. They won't go 40-0 but they really shouldn't lose more than three or four games.
    Yep. Although they still need to show consistency in point-guard play and 3-point shooting, since teams will want to zone up against all that size if they can.
    Not all who wander are lost

Quote Originally Posted by IslandRed View Post
    Yep. Although they still need to show consistency in point-guard play and 3-point shooting, since teams will want to zone up against all that size if they can.
    Good news on that front is that Lyles and Towns should both be excellent zone busters. They flash to the free throw line, attack that zone where it is weakest, and can nail the little 10-15 foot jump shot all day.
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Fans of opposing teams should welcome the possibility of chaos and nuclear bombs in the locker room. It's one of the only ways Kentucky can implode and not win.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

9. Likes:

WMR (04-25-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    Fans of opposing teams should welcome the possibility of chaos and nuclear bombs in the locker room. It's one of the only ways Kentucky can implode and not win.
    That might be the nicest thing you've ever said about UK, Cedric.

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    I don't think chemistry will be an issue next season. Five key players returning for a second or third season under Cal. Each of the bigs have a different skillset that Cal can utilize.

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Good news on that front is that Lyles and Towns should both be excellent zone busters. They flash to the free throw line, attack that zone where it is weakest, and can nail the little 10-15 foot jump shot all day.
    Lyles can pop out to 20 at times and stroke it, if the two times I've seen him play in person are any indicator.
    numbersinthereds.blogspot.com I actually made a post on 10/17/14. I promise.

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    Lyles can pop out to 20 at times and stroke it, if the two times I've seen him play in person are any indicator.
    What's really scary about this team is the best 3 point shooters are 6'10 or taller. Towns and Lyles are going to be major mismatches.

UK's problem next year will be staying focused each and every game leading up to the tournament. Hopefully, for 'Cat fans, they come out with a chip on their shoulder and want to prove to everyone why they are ranked #1.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    UK's problem next year will be staying focused each and every game leading up to the tournament. Hopefully, for 'Cat fans, they come out with a chip on their shoulder and want to prove to everyone why they are ranked #1.
    IF they play like they did in the tournament, I don't think it will be an issue. Kinda reminds me of the 2012 team which had Lamb and Jones coming back.

Looks like UK is playing Texas next season at Rupp in the SEC Big 12 challenge.

Also playing Providence and UNC at Rupp, UCLA in Chicago and Kansas in the Champions Classic. Plus Louisville in Louisville. Not a bad non conference schedule.

Just read where UK is looking into WVU transfer Eron Harris.

Assuming we even have room, I'd welcome it. He's a knock down three point shooter which this team needs.

Turn Off Ads?