Turn Off Ads?
Page 45 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 675 of 852

Thread: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

  1. #661
    C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    8,445

    Re: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    The project,IIRC,was gong to be well over $300 million. Just too much money when other things need attending to throughout the state. I don't blame them a bit for stopping it. Rupp still seems very good and I believe they just had some big renovation work done on it not very long ago.
    The only thing I would like to see is Big Bertha replaced with a video scoreboard. That is really all that is missing at Rupp, unless you count luxury suites.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #662
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    758

    Re: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

    There are certain venues that I absolutely relish. Wrigley Field, Fenway Park, Notre Dame Stadium, The "Big House", The "Horseshoe"..........and even though I hate UK, Rupp Arena. If that facility was ever replaced, I would shed a tear.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  4. #663
    Member cumberlandreds's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Sterling VA
    Posts
    9,467

    Re: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    The only thing I would like to see is Big Bertha replaced with a video scoreboard. That is really all that is missing at Rupp, unless you count luxury suites.
    Yes Big Bertha should be removed. There are plenty of tweaks and even major renovations that could be made. They may just have to do them one piece at a time to avoid a $350 million bill to the taxpayers.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

  5. #664
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,960

    Re: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    The project,IIRC,was gong to be well over $300 million. Just too much money when other things need attending to throughout the state. I don't blame them a bit for stopping it. Rupp still seems very good and I believe they just had some big renovation work done on it not very long ago.
    The fraud at the YUM! Center is another very big reason this project has been halted.

    Rupp, however, is severely outdated at this point.

    I still think it's going to happen in the next couple years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  6. #665
    Member cumberlandreds's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Sterling VA
    Posts
    9,467

    Re: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    The fraud at the YUM! Center is another very big reason this project has been halted.

    Rupp, however, is severely outdated at this point.

    I still think it's going to happen in the next couple years.
    The new media contract may open the door for a new on campus arena.

    http://johnclay.bloginky.com/2014/06...ketball-arena/
    Reds Fan Since 1971

  7. #666
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    992

    Re: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition


  8. #667
    Member cumberlandreds's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Sterling VA
    Posts
    9,467

    Re: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

    Wiscy can only dream.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

  9. #668
    C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    8,445

    Re: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Wiscy can only dream.
    Add Louisville to the list as well.

    I have zero interest in soccer. That's all I've got.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  10. Likes:

    Joseph (07-04-2014)

  11. #669
    C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    8,445

    Re: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

    Former UK recruit and SMU commit Emmanuel Mudiay is going overseas. I don't think he could have made the grades at Kentucky.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  12. #670
    Yay! dabvu2498's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Middletown, Ohio
    Posts
    7,464

    Re: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Former UK recruit and SMU commit Emmanuel Mudiay is going overseas. I don't think he could have made the grades at Kentucky.
    Sounds like it was an issue with the kid's high school (now shut down) more than the kid.

    And FWIW, I dare say it's tougher to get into SMU than UK.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

  13. #671
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,960

    Re: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Sounds like it was an issue with the kid's high school (now shut down) more than the kid.

    And FWIW, I dare say it's tougher to get into SMU than UK.
    LOL, he had zero chance being ruled eligible at UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  14. #672
    Yay! dabvu2498's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Middletown, Ohio
    Posts
    7,464

    Re: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    LOL, he had zero chance being ruled eligible at UK.
    That's the point... He had virtually no shot at being ruled eligible anywhere.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

  15. #673
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,960

    Re: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    That's the point... He had virtually no shot at being ruled eligible anywhere.
    Even if he should've been eligible it would've been 10x as hard at UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  16. #674
    Member cumberlandreds's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Sterling VA
    Posts
    9,467

    Re: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

    UK and Cal dodged a bullet on this one. If he had committed to UK I doubt that the Harrisons would have stayed and Ullis wouldn't be here either. That would have probably meant Hawkins at the point. Even with everyone else staying it may have been tough season in 2014-15.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

  17. Likes:

    WMR (07-16-2014)

  18. #675
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,960

    Re: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

    Who's ready for some genuine KENTUCKY BASKETBALL in the middle of August?!?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  19. Likes:

    cumberlandreds (08-06-2014)


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25